+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 77th Draw

NanaPrah

Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum silently for a while now and I'm grateful for the loads of knowledge I've gained. Thanks to everyone for taking time to reply to questions from others. That helped me a lot and I wish I had found this out earlier before getting a consultant to handle my profile.

From the queries of others, I went into my EE profile yesterday, added some info to it and removed irrelevant ones. After updating, my score changed from 424 to 449. I couldn't believe that I had such a score and was thinking of taking ielts again to improve my score.

Thanks again to everyone here for all the info you've been giving to those of us who need help.

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Friends, I'm an Indian citizen living and working in Qatar. Do I have to show my trips to India for vacation also in travel history? Also, the PCC, I got from Indian embassy here in Qatar doesn't say any time frame covered or validity of the document but just the date of issue of the certificate and the date of issue of my passport. Would that be okay ?
The travel history is excluding countrt of origin and country of residence so no need to enter the trips from Qatar to India
Indian PCC from indian embassy doesnot specify dates it is perfectly fine
Note.. my friend received ppr with both the above points so you can stay assured;)
Indian pcc from Jeddah **

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I have maxed on my IELTS, the second option is to opt for French, but that's unchartered territory for me and a new employment opportunity is really low in the country I reside now unless I a person is that lucky.
Do you want to live in Ontario? I've never been able to figure out if they send an NOI to everyone over 400, but unless you have a strong desire to go to school it could be worth seeing what happens after they start sending NOIs again.

French is uncharted territory for me too. But it can't hurt. I was afraid to depend on it though.

If you would enjoy school and can afford it, then the student visa can work. For me, it was the only option.

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Thanks, such short processing times would really be awesome :) But I think they will take some time to get to us, given that there are still a few people from before (who submitted before the July 25 closure) who still have not received nomination. Most of these people received PFLs (procedural fairness letters requesting documents that were missing or insufficient). So far I have heard of processing times from 6 days (@Karnesh) to 115 days. And then there are the Master's and PhD graduates streams who got to submit before this November 2 opening, plus all the other streams that are continuously open (but receive relatively few applications). I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few weeks for us to get to Assessment stage, but I hope once someone looks at our files (Assessment stage and beyond), the process will move more quickly. For now, nomination around December 15 sounds like a good and reasonable target for those of us who just submitted, subject to revisions over the next few weeks as we all get updates (or not).
*Seems convincing*
If your file falls in their hands after the 2017 quota gets exhausted, it might even take longer.
But if you are lucky enough you will get the nomination by December.

Reactions: trumprefugee

Chintan2711

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi. Actually I had a tiff with my consultant and finally i have closed my case with him. Just wanted to know one
thing that whether can he harm me in anyway regarding my CIC process further?

Deeps94

Nov 1, 2017
The travel history is excluding countrt of origin and country of residence so no need to enter the trips from Qatar to India
Note.. my friend received ppr with both the above points so you can stay assured;)
Thanks for the clarification, i applied for indian pcc from jeddah today and im glad u cleared all my doubts without even asking it!

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thank you so much ☺

Reactions: Samroze

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
One more question on POF.

I have a fixed deposit for 10 lakh INR, Approx 19000 CAD ( for a family of 3) opened on September 29, 2017.

I have received a letter from my bank manager mentioning fixed deposit details and it can be liquidated anytime if required. Also, I have FD account statement and advice.

Will this be sufficient? Or should I provide any additional document ?

Moreover , I'm Indian working in Qatar but I will provide my POF from India as I transfer money to India every month and keep almost nothing here except little money for monthly expenses.

Is there any possibility that CIC will ask for my statement from Qatari bank to see my salary credit?

Last edited:

Chintan2711

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
NOC Code......
No i don't think so. They should refer your sal

I have a fixed deposit for 10 lakh INR, Approx 19000 CAD ( for a family of 3) opened on September 29, 2017.

I have received a letter from my bank manager mentioning fixed deposit details and it can be liquidated anytime if required. Also, I have FD account statement and advice.

Moreover , I'm Indian working in Qatar but I will provide my POF from India as I transfer money to India every month and keep almost nothing here except little money for monthly expenses.

Is there any possibility that CIC will ask for my statement from Qatari bank to see my salary credit?

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017

Salary and pof are two different things. It is absolutely fine to show your Indian account but the funds should be 6 months old otherwise you have to show the proof for sudden influx in your account. As your deposit is just from Sep you have to show proofs that this amount belongs to you. If you can show transfers from Qatari account to Indian it will suffice. Rest other seniors can also input their opinion on this.
For salary if your reference letter states your salary then no need of any proofs. People add pay slips or bank statements for salary just to make their case stronger but it isn't mandatory

Reactions: saimurali88

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Hi. Actually I had a tiff with my consultant and finally i have closed my case with him. Just wanted to know one
thing that whether can he harm me in anyway regarding my CIC process further?
I don't think so as it is your individual decision whether to continue with the consultant or not
To be on safe side you can inform cic about the same
I've seen people with major fights with consultants yet they are with ppr
If you are not wrong then nobody can trouble you
Don't solely rely on my saying. Let other seniors share their inputs:p

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Salary and pof are two different things. It is absolutely fine to show your Indian account but the funds should be 6 months old otherwise you have to show the proof for sudden influx in your account. As your deposit is just from Sep you have to show proofs that this amount belongs to you. If you can show transfers from Qatari account to Indian it will suffice. Rest other seniors can also input their opinion on this.
For salary if your reference letter states your salary then no need of any proofs. People add pay slips or bank statements for salary just to make their case stronger but it isn't mandatory
Hi Samroze, all 19000 dollars should be 6 months old? Will they accept if there is a gradual increment in my savings account from 5000 to 19000 in a period of 6 months and then I opened a fixed deposit by transferring money from savings account at once. Please advise