+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 77th Draw

canadianrockies84

Jun 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

BC PNP question.

I have been recently invited by BC for their PNP in tech pilot program. Any one on the same boat?
I am yet to submit my PNP application but I have following questions:
1. How long does it take to get nomination under tech pilot? in website they mentioned it is priority processing for tech pilot.
2. DO i still need reference letters & Proof of Fund from previous employers even if I have BC PNP nomination? Please note that I have not been asked about reference letters & Proof of Fund in BC PNP application.

Kindly help if you have any information regarding this.

Waqasalibabar

May 31, 2017
Hey guys,
I have a question, how to get an noi? Are you supposed to apply for it or just being the express entry pool with 400 + points is it ?

Also what about other pnp like sinp and mpnp , how to get them ? Just be in the ee pool ?

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hi Can I make changes to my EE profile after having received an NOI from OINP? These changes will not affect my overall CRS score. It’s just deletion of some work which I need to add in my personal history instead. Any help will be much appreciated.
Oinp will ask for all your work details since the age of 18 or last 10 years (whichever is earlier). Hence, from my experience and to what I did in my EE profile... I didn’t remove the non relevant period (where NOC wasn’t under FSW criteria) as it won’t make any difference. I will provide work reference letters only for where I have claimed points , and for the other work profile, I would simply provide work contracts/ pay stubs etc.

Only that I do not have an NOI to apply...

BTW, please share date of when you received NOI.

Thanks.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hey guys,
I have a question, how to get an noi? Are you supposed to apply for it or just being the express entry pool with 400 + points is it ?

Also what about other pnp like sinp and mpnp , how to get them ? Just be in the ee pool ?
Sit tight if you’re above 400. You have nothing to after that. Please do some research before asking basic questions.

Make sure you have recreated your profile.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Since am taking PNP route, it may take longer than direct CIC applicants. May be around May - July 2018.
@tjsecondtry I am also hoping for May - July 2017, with a preference for sooner, but yes, CIC takes longer with PNP applicants than direct ITA applicants.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hey Buddy..Even though i dont know you personally ,i have always followed your posts & frustration...When the OINP announcement came in on 1st Nov , you & Andieangel were the 1st two people that came to my mind ...You both are the most respected & loved people on this forum & i really wish you guys a speedy PR & perhaps meeting up over a coffee / beer in Canada in the near future ...pls accept my best wishes
Thanks, buddy! I would love to meet up for coffee/drinks in Canada. I am hoping to settle in Toronto. Don't forget we also have the Yukon party :cool:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Can you share some info on immitracker. Ive never used it. How is it helpful ? And how do i go about it with respect to OINP ?
It is a great way to track everyone's progression. We all want to know how long it will take to get nomination or PR. With the tracker, we can see how long it took everyone who is updating their entries accurately and also run analyses to find trends, such as average time spent in the different stages, average time by NOC code, CRS, etc. Since we fill out a number of details about ourselves, including NOC code, CRS, education level, ties to Ontario, we can look for other with similar profiles and guess how long it might take us based on their timelines.

A few reports have been created on this page, including average time to nomination by NOC code, average days from AOR to nomination:
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/ontario-human-capital-priorities-stream-tracker/analytics

There are trackers for not only OINP but pretty much everything you can think of:
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers

I think it's pretty self explanatory once you go the the tracker and add your entry. And please, everyone, update the tracker when you apply and whenever you have a change in status. The usefulness of these trackers depends on how well each of us keeps our entries updated with accurate data:
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/ontario-human-capital-priorities-stream-tracker

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
All the best
Wish you a speedy nomination
Hopefully in one or two weeks as was done in May:)
Thanks, such short processing times would really be awesome :) But I think they will take some time to get to us, given that there are still a few people from before (who submitted before the July 25 closure) who still have not received nomination. Most of these people received PFLs (procedural fairness letters requesting documents that were missing or insufficient). So far I have heard of processing times from 6 days (@Karnesh) to 115 days. And then there are the Master's and PhD graduates streams who got to submit before this November 2 opening, plus all the other streams that are continuously open (but receive relatively few applications). I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few weeks for us to get to Assessment stage, but I hope once someone looks at our files (Assessment stage and beyond), the process will move more quickly. For now, nomination around December 15 sounds like a good and reasonable target for those of us who just submitted, subject to revisions over the next few weeks as we all get updates (or not).

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Yes , you have to work in the province of Ontario but only for a couple years...post that it is your call as to where you wish to work and settle. :)
They really want people who intend to settle permanently in Ontario, but yes, the general rule is at least 2-3 years, but preferably until you become a citizen. However, there are extenuating circumstances, such as if you look seriously for a job in Ontario and can't find one for a while but find one in another province. The safest is to live in the province until you become a citizen. Once you are a citizen, you are free to live in any province (or any country) for as long as you want.

Lala1234

Aug 24, 2017
NOC Code......
They really want people who intend to settle permanently in Ontario, but yes, the general rule is at least 2-3 years, but preferably until you become a citizen. However, there are extenuating circumstances, such as if you look seriously for a job in Ontario and can't find one for a while but find one in another province. The safest is to live in the province until you become a citizen. Once you are a citizen, you are free to live in any province (or any country) for as long as you want.
Thanks for the information:)...I have always liked to read your detailed explanations :)
In my case I genuinely want to reside and settle in the province of Ontario...
If I were lucky to get a direct ITA my choice was always to be a part of the province of Ontario as I have my family ties in Ontario:)

neetikapahwa

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Oinp will ask for all your work details since the age of 18 or last 10 years (whichever is earlier). Hence, from my experience and to what I did in my EE profile... I didn’t remove the non relevant period (where NOC wasn’t under FSW criteria) as it won’t make any difference. I will provide work reference letters only for where I have claimed points , and for the other work profile, I would simply provide work contracts/ pay stubs etc.

Only that I do not have an NOI to apply...

BTW, please share date of when you received NOI.

Thanks.
thanks For this. The problem is I don’t have letters or pay skips from these places as they were small companies that shut down. Hence, I was thinking of removing them from my EE profile under the work experience and instead adding them to my personal history. What do you think I should do in such a case?

I got my NOI on 9-June and since OINP opened up, I’m putting in my application.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
thanks For this. The problem is I don’t have letters or pay skips from these places as they were small companies that shut down. Hence, I was thinking of removing them from my EE profile under the work experience and instead adding them to my personal history. What do you think I should do in such a case?

2 things:

1. Removing the work exp. should not affect your CRS scores and FSW criteria of 67/100. Check that. If you are unaffected in these two cases, you can remove them.

2. If you have appointment letters and relieving letters from these companies, along with your Business cards or You have colleagues or seniors or Owners who can still write letters stating your work and compensation details along with the duties performed... I think that could help. I have a similar case in one of my company where I don’t have pay stubs, but my relieving letter states my salary and designation during that period and I intend to take a fresh letter from one of the owners stating my duties performed.

Hope this would help. Please seek views of others also.

Thanks.

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017

I Guess as long as your crs score and primary noc does not change and its related work experience fulfils OINP requirement, you should be good to go.
I had a similar case where after receiving noi, i removed my high school and work details that were more than 10 yrs old and had to go in personal history later.
Best of luck.