+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 75th Draw

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
I am living in US as well, and have passport from India, I was not sure if we need to get police certificate from India as well, Could you please let me know where I can find more information about the police certificate etc.
You will get PCC from Indian embassy or Consulate in US. I got mine from Canada. That is sufficient I believe.

mudassirm

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi All,

I submitted my application on 16th October 2017, however my application got updated on last night saying that application is submitted on 17th October 2017. I got a score of 437. But I didn't receive any email from CIC or My profile didn't got updated. any suggestions.

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Hi All,

I submitted my application on 16th October 2017, however my application got updated on last night saying that application is submitted on 17th October 2017. I got a score of 437. But I didn't receive any email from CIC or My profile didn't got updated. any suggestions.
First of all, Congratulations. It takes 24 hours sometimes to receive and email. you can find the information that have you asked to apply or not on your application. you can check in your online account EE application details.

ady1402

Oct 18, 2017
my application was submitted on 15th October with CRS 473. but I haven't received any ITA so far? how long does it take for CIC to update the status or send an invitation?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've been following the RoH threads for a while with a break in between. I realised people keep saying that IELTS results release will affect the ITA/CRS scores. I mean really???? People take IELTS for a number of reasons... immigration is just ONE OF THEM. I highly doubt the IELTS result release will directly affect CRS score for draws. Guys, people waiting for ITAs already have enough to worry about...:confused::confused::confused::confused:
I remember how it felt..
Does IELTS (TEF) influence your CRS score. Yes heavily and more than anything else. Language tests results can influence up to 56% of your points, which is more than education, your age, or your work experience.

The theory behind is that as people are more aware of the points distribution, they are trying to improve language test score more than anything else (you can prepare at home and the test is cheaper than 1 year of MBA, and unlike PNP, this option is opened to everybody).
And when there are more people with higher CRS competing for the same amount of ITA that will in terms influence the ITA and the draw score as well.

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Wait for 24 hrs

Reactions: Nobatia

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
Does IELTS (TEF) influence your CRS score. Yes heavily and more than anything else. Language tests results can influence up to 56% of your points, which is more than education, your age, or your work experience.

The theory behind is that as people are more aware of the points distribution, they are trying to improve language test score more than anything else (you can prepare at home and the test is cheaper than 1 year of MBA, and unlike PNP, this option is opened to everybody).
And when there are more people with higher CRS competing for the same amount of ITA that will in terms influence the ITA and the draw score as well.
Yea that is if a majority/ or atleast 80% of people sitting for IELTS in a particular test date around the world is actually applying for Express Entry (which is usually not the case-hence why i said people do IELTS for a number of reasons).
You are right, its a theory. I am just trying to look at the macro scale picture realistically.

bmarwaha

May 30, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2173/2174
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-09-2017
Doc's Request.
14-06-2017
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
01-09-2017
Unless,we see a number from IRCC for 2018 ,it is difficult to see how CRS moves.I am sitting at 430,CLB 9.Now thinking that I made a mistake of not going for EOR on IELTS.I think score is going to be in mid 430 range for a while.Should I go for IELTS again in hope that I can get perfect IELTS and improve score to 436.(getting 7.5 each in speaking and writing).My Current IELTS score is 8.5,9,7,7.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Unless,we see a number from IRCC for 2018 ,it is difficult to see how CRS moves.I am sitting at 430,CLB 9.Now thinking that I made a mistake of not going for EOR on IELTS.I think score is going to be in mid 430 range for a while.Should I go for IELTS again in hope that I can get perfect IELTS and improve score to 436.(getting 7.5 each in speaking and writing).My Current IELTS score is 8.5,9,7,7.
The CRS might come down to 430 by the time you retake IELTS and get your scores, but if you have time, go for it.

I'll say that focusing hard on studying French, as well as getting moral support from the good people here, are helping me. I am in a much worse situation, 410 and going down to 399 in February, so I really need a provincial nomination but missed the July 25 deadline to apply for OINP by one day. This wait for OINP to reopen the HCP stream has been really hard on me and wearing me out a lot lately. In times like these, I need moral support as well as something interesting to consume my mind that would also help me with my goal, and that's what I'm doing with French study for now.