+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 73rd Draw

Dec 1, 2016
Yes, you can apply by yourself and declare that your spouse is non-accompanying. However, once you get residency, it can take a couple years before the spousal PR comes through. A couple years long distance can strain a relationship. Considering that the 2018 targets are expected to be announced probably in October, and ITAs tend to increase in the last quarter of the year, I would say you have a good chance of getting ITA within a few more draws. I would recommend for your relationship and quality of life that you keep the joint application, but yes, you do have the legal option of excluding your wife from the application.

Thank you for your reply..Brother.

Reactions: trumprefugee

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thank you for your reply..Brother.
Also, did you do ECA for your wife? And are you both maxed out on IELTS? There are a number of people who increased their scores by doing ECA for spouse and/or having spouse retake IELTS with higher score.

Also, you could try switching your wife to primary applicant and see if that increases your score, especially if your wife is younger than you.

omojoeky

Jul 9, 2017
Pls help.....
I only applied at 1am today and my score is 434. but i did not receive the ITA? is something wrong? pls advise.. Dyu think I will get it?

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Yes, should be good for a future ITA. If the draw happens as per the above predicted dates and the ITA's remain around 2800, CRS cut off should reach your score on Nov 8th when the 7-day gap draw happens.
Thank you
I'm worried coz I will loose 5 points in Jan due to age:(

Reactions: andieangel

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
Guys grls, now it's time to see back-to-back draw, coz i feel like that could happen next week. We will see CRS lower again and those above 429 get ready your documents, but optimistically speaking I want 3000 ITAs with 425 CRS ;)
Hope for the best! Stay positive and stronger! :)
And i thought only i am crazy. Next week with the new IELTS results out the scores will go up for sure.
The CIC is not yielding with the number of ITA's. They have put strict filters with lots of checks.
And I was delusional thinking that score will go down to 430.
Anyways life is still moving and that also in great ways. Let's enjoy the rollercoaster.

omojoeky

Jul 9, 2017
Help anybody.. .

help.....
I only applied at 1am today and my score is 434. but i did not receive the ITA? is something wrong?.. Dyu think I will get it?

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
And i thought only i am crazy. Next week with the new IELTS results out the scores will go up for sure.
The CIC is not yielding with the number of ITA's. They have put strict filters with lots of checks.
And I was delusional thinking that score will go down to 430.
Anyways life is still moving and that also in great ways. Let's enjoy the rollercoaster.
How much do you think the score will go up due to IELTS from 433 which was the draw today? I mean historically by how many points has it made a difference? Any idea?

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Help anybody.. .

help.....
I only applied at 1am today and my score is 434. but i did not receive the ITA? is something wrong?.. Dyu think I will get it?

I am not sure what timezone you are referring to. If the draw was done after you created and submitted your profile in teh pool, then you will be selected. Wait for 24 hours you should receive an invite. If not, you will have to wait for the next draw (if your profile was created after the draw that is).

omojoeky

Jul 9, 2017
I am not sure what timezone you are referring to. If the draw was done after you created and submitted your profile in teh pool, then you will be selected. Wait for 24 hours you should receive an invite. If not, you will have to wait for the next draw (if your profile was created after the draw that is).
Thank you for replying. Was already freaking out. I applied before the draw was conducted. Will keep checking that is. Thanks again

Dec 1, 2016
Also, did you do ECA for your wife? And are you both maxed out on IELTS? There are a number of people who increased their scores by doing ECA for spouse and/or having spouse retake IELTS with higher score.

Also, you could try switching your wife to primary applicant and see if that increases your score, especially if your wife is younger than you.
Actually Both me and my wife are in Canada currently, I am on a closed WP and she is on a dependant open WP. We are trying to apply under CEC, She did not complete her 1 year yet so if she is a primary applicant the points are low. To answer you question, yes we did ECA for both of us. My assignment here will soon be ending, hence the rush.

Reactions: trumprefugee

KayJee

Sep 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

New member here. Had a question for the experts. Can we submit PF docs as proof of funds or would we need to cash out in order to do that?

What docs would be necessary?

Thanks.

Reactions: Saidkhan

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hopefully we will be hearing some good news from CIC and the PNP programs in the upcoming months. Apparently last week there was a meeting of the Forum of Ministers responsible for Immigration, and they all agreed on increasing immigration levels:

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/09/federal-provincial-ministers-reach-consensus-on-increasing-canadian-immigration-levels-099561.html

Federal, Provincial Ministers Reach Consensus on Increasing Canadian Immigration Levels

September 20, 2017 By Hugo O'Doherty

Political leaders responsible for immigration issues in Canada have agreed that increasing immigration levels and establishing multi-year targets would help meet labour market needs across the country.

The consensus was reached at a meeting of the Forum of Ministers responsible for Immigration (FMRI), which met in Toronto last week. This FMRI includes members from the federal, provincial, and territorial governments.

Currently, Canada’s annual immigration levels plan for 2017 sets a target of 300,000 new permanent residents for the year. Earlier this summer, federal Minister of Immigration Ahmed Hussen confirmed that this figure would form the new ‘baseline’ for immigration targets under the current federal government. The government had previously alluded to moving to a multi-year plan — instead of the current annual model — in order to provide certainty and help inform long-term planning.

Under the current plan, around 57 percent of new permanent residents settle as economic migrants. This share includes newcomers who apply through one of the economic programs managed under the Express Entry system, as well as skilled workers destined for the province of Quebec and applicants to one of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). The plan also allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor family members, including spouses and common-law partners, while also maintaining Canada’s international obligations and humanitarian tradition with respect to refugee resettlement.

The government’s annual immigration plan is usually presented to Parliament in the preceding fall. It remains to be seen exactly what the next plan may include; the fact that the Ministers have reached a consensus — and publicly affirmed that they have done so — may be a prelude to a multi-year plan.

“Canada has welcomed generations of newcomers who have contributed to Canada’s well-being, economic prosperity, competitiveness, and success as a nation. We are committed to ensuring that newcomers, including refugees, integrate and contribute fully to the Canadian economy and society. We continue to help newcomers find jobs and make lasting connections within their communities,” said Minister Hussen.

Another important agreement to come out of the meeting is the development of a federal-provincial-territorial plan to clarify how settlement priorities are set, and how information is shared among all orders of government. In a statement following the meeting, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) stated that enhanced collaboration across governments is needed to support the delivery of high-quality settlement services and successful outcomes for all newcomers.

Ian Wishart, Manitoba Minister of Education and Training and FMRI provincial-territorial co-chair, spoke of a shared commitment to “maintaining an open dialogue and working together to achieve our shared immigration objectives in building a stronger, more prosperous and united Canada.”

Finally, the Ministers discussed the promotion of Francophone immigration to communities outside Quebec with the goal of increasing Francophone immigration. Currently, some federal initiatives support that goal. Last June, IRCC changed the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) so that Francophone candidates could be awarded additional points. The federal government also recently launched a temporary work stream within the International Mobility Program called Mobilité Francophone, making it easier for employers outside Quebec to hire French-speaking skilled workers.

In addition, Canada’s most populated province, Ontario, offers a French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream, aligned with the Express Entry system, for candidates with ability in French and English.

The FMRI also discussed a pan-Canadian approach to dealing with the current arrival of asylum seekers into Canada through irregular means (i.e. not through official border crossings). This approach would include enhanced intergovernmental collaboration to support orderly migration and scenarios planning, while protecting Canada’s border and the safety and security of Canadians.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
It is not about if you created your profile before the draw or not. For this draw, you have to have your EE profile submitted on or before September 20, 2017, at 12:39:23 UTC to be invited as per Ministerial Instructions.
Wow that is awfully specific. ....23 seconds seriously? lol

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hopefully we will be hearing some good news from CIC and the PNP programs in the upcoming months. Apparently last week there was a meeting of the Forum of Ministers responsible for Immigration, and they all agreed on increasing immigration levels:

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/09/federal-provincial-ministers-reach-consensus-on-increasing-canadian-immigration-levels-099561.html
Now if only employers in Canada did everyone a favor and did away with this "Canadian experience" requirement....