Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I assume you have friends in Canada. You should definitely ask them about summers in Toronto.
My wife has lived in NY and also says how terrible the summers were.. I did think Toronto would be the same which is why I'm angling for Ottawa over Toronto
That's one reason London (UK) was originally my first choice. I like the more mild, overcast and rainy weather.

My two Canadian friends said the summers in Toronto aren't bad, except for 2016 which was supposed to be an exception. But with the way climate change is going, I'm sure that will become the norm. :( So that's something I still need to figure out. But Canada goes far up north, so once I am Canadian, I could always see about moving north.

New York also has a lot of old buildings with no air conditioning, while my Canadian friends told me that air conditioning is more common over there. What has saved me in the summers here has been working long hours in the air conditioned office. o_O

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
What kills me about this Canada journey so far.

If we'd thought to apply at the beginning of this year we'd have received our ITA and be through the process right now. Would have had 425 points in January so would have been picked on the 12th of April.

Just looking how quickly the CRS dropped in April gives me some hope that 420 will be drawn soon. They went from 441 on the 24th of March to 415 on the 19th of April.

This waiting in a pool idea is for the birds, please CIC give us a 3200+ ITA draw this week to start the momentum
Same here. My score is lower and would not have made the 413 draw, but I would have received NOI from Ontario sooner and submitted before the July 25 deadline that I missed by one day!! :(

But on the positive side, these delays have made me more certain about wanting to immigrate to Canada. Early this year, Canada was a distant backup consideration that I was not enthusiastic about at all, because my heart was really set on the UK. If I had applied for Canada at the beginning of the year, I might not have wanted to spend $1500 applying for OINP for an undesirable consolation prize.

J

jon-son

That's one reason London (UK) was originally my first choice. I like the more mild, overcast and rainy weather.

My two Canadian friends said the summers in Toronto aren't bad, except for 2016 which was supposed to be an exception. But with the way climate change is going, I'm sure that will become the norm. :( So that's something I still need to figure out. But Canada goes far up north, so once I am Canadian, I could always see about moving north.

New York also has a lot of old buildings with no air conditioning, while my Canadian friends told me that air conditioning is more common over there. What has saved me in the summers here has been working long hours in the air conditioned office. o_O
Then you should consider BC. I've spent one summer over there, no AC necessary. Of the two: hot climate with AC or mild climate with no AC, the latter is always healthier.

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
Agreed, accepting that things would stay uncertain is the right attitude at this point. It is also less stressful when I know that I likely won't be moving for at least 6 more months. I'm actually less stressed now after getting final word that my job offer fell through. It was more stressful waiting every day for several months for the go ahead to move to Toronto. I could not plan anything at all and was even nervous about scheduling IELTS exam and renewing my passport in case I had to move in between. And I was trying to settle a few things here on the assumption that I would be getting ready to move any day but not knowing when (like finding help for business matters that I will need right after I move but without the ability to give a definite timeline).
Very well written, uncertainty can be an adventure but not for very long.
This adventure looses its charm when you have kids , especially school going.
Then everyday itself is an adventure with" power boost "of their demands.
You need to settle down and orient yourself.
Hope all goes well.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I mentioned I wished and I'm aware of that fact very well.
Yes. This is the ROH thread, where we get to vent and express our wishes, even if we know they aren't practical. :)

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
Same here. My score is lower and would not have made the 413 draw, but I would have received NOI from Ontario sooner and submitted before the July 25 deadline that I missed by one day!! :(

But on the positive side, these delays have made me more certain about wanting to immigrate to Canada. Early this year, Canada was a distant backup consideration that I was not enthusiastic about at all, because my heart was really set on the UK. If I had applied for Canada at the beginning of the year, I might not have wanted to spend $1500 applying for OINP for an undesirable consolation prize.
Everything happens for a reason and we might not know the outcome immediately.
Once you get a birds eye view of things going on in life, later, then you understand why something's happened and why some did not.
Something's have a knack of taking time and some will happen much before you would have thought possible.
That's why it's called life and that's why my dear we are here on this Ray of Hope.
Hope keeps us going.

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017

This is one of the primary reason I want to move to Canada. I just can't function in hot & humid weather. Well, it is drizzling here now as we speak. :)

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Everything happens for a reason and we might not know the outcome immediately.
Once you get a birds eye view of things going on in life, later, then you understand why something's happened and why some did not.
Something's have a knack of taking time and some will happen much before you would have thought possible.
That's why it's called life and that's why my dear we are here on this Ray of Hope.
Hope keeps us going.
Very true, and something I have already seen first hand. The one positive thing I can see already from this stressful delay on my Canada plans is I get to save up significantly more money. Even if I find a good job right away in Canada, I will be making about 60-70% of what I'm making here in the US after accounting for exchange rate. And my master's degree suddenly became valuable in this immigration process. I had not originally intended to get a master's degree and kind of accidentally got what I had thought was a useless one on the side for another purpose. But it's the reason I even have a chance at the Canadian immigration this year. Without the master's degree, my CRS would have been 370 instead of 410.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Waiting eagerly for that, when last I visited it was summers in Canada. Hope to see it now in winters.
Where are you located? If you guys don't normally see snow, your kids will be in for a fun surprise. Kids love to play in the snow.