+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 72nd Draw

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Aww..thank you, but don't cry, all will be well soon.

A good friend said that the real principle of life is "Consciousness is cause", which means the actions we take do not always determine our experience but rather the consciousness behind them.

“To he who is right in mind can do all the wrong things and it will still turn out right. To she who is wrong in mind can do all the right things but may still turn out wrong.”
Looks like the reports of your death were greatly exaggerated! Glad you're still around. :D

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Reactions: Mithu3 and Lala1234

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
The mother’s instinct in me had awaken me yesterday feeling anxious about my daughter, I had phoned her and my mom and thanks God they were fine. But I was still restless, then I found myself messaging the last two person I talked to before I left my online life, particularly anything regarding Canadian immigration. Shocked was an understatement upon hearing the horrible news that had been spreading in this forum about me.

The news about my death was not true. I am very much alive, but still recuperating, and hearing this news made me more sick. The bits of information I got from friends who care were not enough for me to understand what had been transcribed in those posts.

But the news of being dead is nothing compared to an issue involving my own daughter (the mother’s instinct had never failed me). Most of the members here were not involved with this issue but for the sake of all members reading this post, I will share it, to warn all of us to be more cautious of any information that we share to this forum or to everywhere or with anyone.

Someone, posing to be the father of my child, had been claiming custody of my daughter and I had been accused that I used someone to legitimise my custody of my daughter to have full control of the funds under her name, which does not make sense at all. To the OP, whoever you are, before you jump into such claims, do your own research. Being a single mother, not married to the father of my child, the father’s name not written in the birth certificate, under the Philippine Law, I am the sole guardian of my child and custody only belongs to me, unless I die. If you want to claim paternity rights, which I doubt I will give it, to have access to any trust fund I, her mother, put into my daughter’s name, be brave enough to face me and not the innocent people in this forum. I don’t know what your motives are for doing so but if you want to pull me down then leave my child alone and let her live a peaceful life.

We are free to post anything here, we can interact with any members we deemed so, but please, this is an immigration forum, this is not a venue to resolve personal private matters, especially involving innocent children, which for me is already below the belt. You can say anything about me, but spare my child, I am begging you.

This forum alone had been a great help to me in pursuing a better life for my daughter in Canada, however, it has also almost taken my life and my identity.

There were many speculations that surfaced with these unpleasant and unauthorised postings, which somehow tainted the trust of my friends or other people involved, directly or indirectly. I will never bring such chaos to this community that served as a pillar to realise my Canadian dream.

I never lied about my identity as a single mother. I never misled anyone about my true nationality or my race as I am proud of my roots and where I came from. I am sick of my government but I am still a proud Filipino. I never ran away from any issues I have with myself or with anyone, I never deactivated this account, come back again, then go away one more time. My point here is, I have always been 100% truthful to all members here, and never used any other account except this (I love my username and I couldn't think of any other name).

I have aired my side of the story, if you still have any doubts and would want to know more about these issues, you are welcome to post it here or send me a private message. As I am still trying to connect the small pieces to have a clearer picture, I would then appreciate if anyone of you could send me screenshots of those postings.

To all my friends in this community, my humble and sincere apologies to whatever these issues had caused all of you. We are all going through a lot and I never wished to be in the limelight in this regard. My support is still in this forum no matter what happens, however, I will be on and off here to focus on my health and spend more time with my family, my daughter. I wish all of us the best in our journey to Canada or any other country, and in life as a whole.

Lessons learnt: the world wide web is never safe. I am in the IT field but I have been too lax and I have not secured all my online accounts well. And I repeat, be wary of any information we share in the internet, and also to people we meet online or in person. My whole life has been compromised in this forum, at the cost of my daughter. If the custody issue is just a scam, to the OP, talk to me in a nice way and privately, I am sure you already got my number as you are claiming you were able to access my emails, WhatsApp, Skype (and my whole life?), I might give you 30% of the trust fund (as per the Indian minimum bribe) I will be putting under my child's account.

To the admins of this forum or the developers of this website, if I may suggest to add more security validations in signing up a new account like phone verification, one account for each IP address or MAC address (too harsh but this is a good security. I know this can be changed but not all can do it). Or perhaps, not to allow temporary emails (I heard this from an active member).

This matter is closed now. I just want to move on and get my life back. Thank you.

Regards,
Christy
Oh dear welcome to the home of hope. U have cheered many minds with ur post. A single line would have sufficed mate. We all know u.
May God bless u and ur child with good health and good life.
See u around

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Oh dear welcome to the home of hope. U have cheered many minds with ur post. A single line would have sufficed mate. We all know u.
May God bless u and ur child with good health and good life.
See u around
Oh no, a single line will not be enough for the narrow-minded (the OP might still be here spying my every move :confused:). That was already an excerpt, just worried it will be deleted if I've posted everything what's inside my heart after hearing those news :D

Thank you. Yes, this is my home with all my brothers and sisters here. :)

A PPR will heal all the wounds ;)

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
@Lala1234 did you get your name from La La Land movie? :D

I always use that 1234 when I can't think of a password, like abc1234, asd123 or qwerty123 :p

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hello Why is the comprehensive tool gave me a higher number than my actual express entry profile?
Check if the details you entered in the CRS tool and the EE profile are the same.

cankrk

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
In my opinion >> For CRS to come down we need two things to happen at same time:
  1. Weekly draws
    and
  2. More number of people invited in each draw. (more than 3.5k)
I don't see any of above happening this month... anyway lets stay positive and hope next month will come with good news for all.

20th Sept 2017 will be again the same story; less number of people getting invited and CRS around +/- 2 from last draw score (435 -/+ 2)...
I disagree here. For CSR to come down we need more ITA's per draw than new / updated profiles with scores higher than previous draw. It's a simple equation.

In any way you don't need to have weekly draws - you need consistent draws with higher number of ITA's than recently, like 3500+ per draw. Hopefully we'll see this as CIC will start to use next year's quota - as it was case last year. Not sure when it will really be and if CIC considers currently issued ITA's to come from next year's quota. But I think we can assume, that in Q4 they'll already use next year quota.

Then, I hope we'll see a decline of new profiles after the summer graduate's peak is over, that will also speed up the decline process.

P.S. As for 20th September - I expect a rise of CRS by couple of points, due to lot of Ontario nominations issued recently.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Oh no, a single line will not be enough for the narrow-minded (the OP might still be here spying my every move :confused:). That was already an excerpt, just worried it will be deleted if I've posted everything what's inside my heart after hearing those news :D

Thank you. Yes, this is my home with all my brothers and sisters here. :)

A PPR will heal all the wounds ;)
Oh my god I was sure it was fake!! I actually wanted to yell at the person because it seems they kept trying to revive the post every couple of hours or every time it went down in the queue. What made me angrier was the sharing of private information they did! Glad it's turning out for the best for you!! I wish I sent that person an angry message now!!! But I had to give them the benefit of the doubt in case they were really grieving.
Good luck and truly wishing you the best!!

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
English speakers, I need your help. english is not my first language and I need your help with drafting LOE below. With another member, I was able to draft this much, but I will like your suggestions, comments, changes. please help.

Your address]

[Date of preparation of letter]

[Address of local Canadian Embassy]

Re: Letter of Explanation regarding work history between August 1 and August 19, 2017

Dear Sir/Madame (or To Whom It May Concern):

Thank you for considering my application, thus far. If you will permit me, I would like to provide clarification on my work history between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

Prior to August 1, 2016, I was working in Canada, legally, on a study permit and was working for 20-hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title) through my off-campus work permit from February 1, 2016 to July 30, 2016.

However, after submitting my thesis and its being accepted in July 2016, I was advised by an immigration consultant that I could work full-time while waiting for the letter from the Registrar's Office advising of the completion of my Master's program. As such, on August 1, 2016, I proceeded to start working for 26.25 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title). Fortunately, I received a letter through email from the Registrar's Office advising that I had officially completed my program on August 19, 2016; I obtained my PGWP through flagpoling on the same day (August 19, 2016).

I now realize, however, that my immigration consultant's advice was incorrect and this means that I was working for more hours than my off-campus work permit allowed, and without being on implied status between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

I wanted to ensure that I was completely up front about this in my application, and am humbly asking that you not count this action against me in considering my permanent residency application. I do understand that it was my responsibility to ensure that I complied, in full, with the terms of my permit, and accept this. However, I hope that I can receive consideration for the fact that the error was not made purposively, but through my ill-advised (yet hopefully understandable) reliance on my immigration consultant.

Please note, as well, that I do not expect the work experience gained during this period (August 1 - August 19, 2016) to be counted toward my permanent residency application in anyway.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and, thank you, again, for your review and consideration of my application.

Yours sincerely,

[Your full name]
[Your travel document number]
[Your phone number]
[Your email address]

Last edited:

kidl920317

Sep 5, 2017
China
Category........
CEC
I disagree here. For CSR to come down we need more ITA's per draw than new / updated profiles with scores higher than previous draw. It's a simple equation.

In any way you don't need to have weekly draws - you need consistent draws with higher number of ITA's than recently, like 3500+ per draw. Hopefully we'll see this as CIC will start to use next year's quota - as it was case last year. Not sure when it will really be and if CIC considers currently issued ITA's to come from next year's quota. But I think we can assume, that in Q4 they'll already use next year quota.

Then, I hope we'll see a decline of new profiles after the summer graduate's peak is over, that will also speed up the decline process.

P.S. As for 20th September - I expect a rise of CRS by couple of points, due to lot of Ontario nominations issued recently.
but there was no new IELTS result came out during the past two weeks, will this help keep CRS low?

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
but there was no new IELTS result came out during the past two weeks, will this help keep CRS low?
And that's why I suppose no draws by CIC. Not sure about 20th also, the IELTS held on 9th will have results by 23rd Sep.
Can expect a draw after that on 26th.
Coupled with OINP nominations, very slim chance of score going down,
Ray of hope is still there to keep us going.
God bless us all.

Reactions: Saidkhan

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Hi All,

How is everyone doing? Well, I was away from this forum for quite a while due to some personal problems but I'm glad, everything is sorted.

Finally, welcome back @iamxty. :)

That was a horrendous thread about your death. I couldn't believe my eyes after seeing what you had posted here yesterday. How can a human lose his dignity and self respect to discredit a person and bring private matters onto a public forum. I wish you a speedy PPR to overcome this horror and may you land soon in Canada to bring all those dreams into reality for yourself and your daughter. I hope I'll see you in Montreal or Ottawa, doesn't really matter. :)

Let me know if I can be of any help. :)

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
No help absolutely? I thought we are here to help each other?

English speakers, I need your help. english is not my first language and I need your help with drafting LOE below. With another member, I was able to draft this much, but I will like your suggestions, comments, changes. please help.

Your address]

Re: Letter of Explanation regarding work history between August 1 and August 19, 2017

Thank you for considering my application, thus far. If you will permit me, I would like to provide clarification on my work history between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

Prior to August 1, 2016, I was working in Canada, legally, on a study permit and was working for 20-hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title) through my off-campus work permit from February 1, 2016 to July 30, 2016.

However, after submitting my thesis and its being accepted in July 2016, I was advised by an immigration consultant that I could work full-time while waiting for the letter from the Registrar's Office advising of the completion of my Master's program. As such, on August 1, 2016, I proceeded to start working for 26.25 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title). Fortunately, I received a letter through email from the Registrar's Office advising that I had officially completed my program on August 19, 2016; I obtained my PGWP through flagpoling on the same day (August 19, 2016).

I now realize, however, that my immigration consultant's advice was incorrect and this means that I was working for more hours than my off-campus work permit allowed, and without being on implied status between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

I wanted to ensure that I was completely up front about this in my application, and am humbly asking that you not count this action against me in considering my permanent residency application. I do understand that it was my responsibility to ensure that I complied, in full, with the terms of my permit, and accept this. However, I hope that I can receive consideration for the fact that the error was not made purposively, but through my ill-advised (yet hopefully understandable) reliance on my immigration consultant.

Please note, as well, that I do not expect the work experience gained during this period (August 1 - August 19, 2016) to be counted toward my permanent residency application in anyway.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and, thank you, again, for your review and consideration of my application.

Yours sincerely,

[Your full name]
[Your phone number]
[Your email address]

chr0

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017

Your address]

Yours sincerely,

[Your full name]
[Your phone number]
[Your email address]
I can't speak to the content (You have to make sure you haven't missed any information you ought to provide), but apart from a couple of spelling mistakes (Madam, upfront, any way) and some unnecessary commas, the letter is well written.

Good Luck.

No help absolutely? I thought we are here to help each other?
Haha, this isn't a chat line bruh, patience goes a long way. Not everyone is online when you are.