Ray of Hope - 72nd Draw

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
I can't speak to the content (You have to make sure you haven't missed any information you ought to provide), but apart from a couple of spelling mistakes (Madam, upfront, any way) and some unnecessary commas, the letter is well written.

Good Luck.

Haha, this isn't a chat line bruh, patience goes a long way. Not everyone is online when you are.
Agreed. I did not meant to be impatient. I had posted this in other forum for CEC long before.
But that you very much for your help. Is it possible for point me out unnecessary commas?

Thanks

chr0

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Agreed. I did not meant to be impatient. I had posted this in other forum for CEC long before.
But that you very much for your help. Is it possible for point me out unnecessary commas?

Thanks
The rest of the text works, but you can remove 2 of them from the phrase in bold below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I thank you again for your review and consideration of my application.

Check the content once again and go ahead with it.

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
The rest of the text works, but you can remove 2 of them from the phrase in bold below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I thank you again for your review and consideration of my application.

Check the content once again and go ahead with it.
Thanks a lot!

J

jon-son

15000 CAD !!!! Are you sure. That's the amount of money needed for a couple for one whole year..... in Canada
This is a damn lie and it only proves how little know about Canada those, who see it as their future home. $15k is barely enough for one person in some deserted provinces. In Toronto 15k is the survival money for 6 months for one person.

Please, if 15k is all you have don't even think of coming there, especially ON.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Saidkhan
J

jon-son

What's your NOC code? You might want to consider Nova Scotia and New Brunswick as well:
https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/
Are you aware of their processing times? There are NS PNP threads here, people wait 12-18 months just to get nominated by NS. With ITA processing that would mean 2 years of waiting, and that is assuming you are lucky enough to submit your application. NS sounds nice: median home price is just 160k, no harsh winters, etc. But those 2 years...

Reactions: Mithu3

cankrk

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
but there was no new IELTS result came out during the past two weeks, will this help keep CRS low?
Yes, it will as it decreases supply of candidates (new / updated) profile. On the other hand OINP candidates land on the very top, and it seems that they'll add couple of hundreds of them for this draw.

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
This is a damn lie and it only proves how little know about Canada those, who see it as their future home. $15k is barely enough for one person in some deserted provinces. In Toronto 15k is the survival money for 6 months for one person.

Please, if 15k is all you have don't even think of coming there, especially ON.
It seems that the official website of Canada govt is misleading all of us by quoting such prices.
The amount needed for 2 people is 15312 CAD.

The website specifically did not say anything about "Toronto" per se. It only mentions -Canada

What they did not say is whether it's for one year or 6 months, still it is a huge sum to be paid to an agent / consultant.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You choose how to interpret things.
Thanks for you POV.

We r here to help others , help with best of our knowledge and not speculate on things.

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
@Lala1234 did you get your name from La La Land movie? :D

I always use that 1234 when I can't think of a password, like abc1234, asd123 or qwerty123 :p
i can only mention that its not from la la land and you might not be able to guess it.

I will wait for @Lala1234 to answer it .

But It will put a smile and then may be a bigger smile on your face as you get nostalgic.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Are you aware of their processing times? There are NS PNP threads here, people wait 12-18 months just to get nominated by NS. With ITA processing that would mean 2 years of waiting, and that is assuming you are lucky enough to submit your application. NS sounds nice: median home price is just 160k, no harsh winters, etc. But those 2 years...
Indeed many provinces are very slow to nominate, especially those that still have paper based applications. But it's best to explore and keep all options open. Once you get nominated by one province or get ITA, you can always withdraw your other applications if they weren't automatically withdrawn already..

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
English speakers, I need your help. english is not my first language and I need your help with drafting LOE below. With another member, I was able to draft this much, but I will like your suggestions, comments, changes. please help.

Your address]

[Date of preparation of letter]

[Address of local Canadian Embassy]

Re: Letter of Explanation regarding work history between August 1 and August 19, 2017

Dear Sir/Madame (or To Whom It May Concern):

Thank you for considering my application, thus far. If you will permit me, I would like to provide clarification on my work history between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

Prior to August 1, 2016, I was working in Canada, legally, on a study permit and was working for 20-hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title) through my off-campus work permit from February 1, 2016 to July 30, 2016.

However, after submitting my thesis and its being accepted in July 2016, I was advised by an immigration consultant that I could work full-time while waiting for the letter from the Registrar's Office advising of the completion of my Master's program. As such, on August 1, 2016, I proceeded to start working for 26.25 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title). Fortunately, I received a letter through email from the Registrar's Office advising that I had officially completed my program on August 19, 2016; I obtained my PGWP through flagpoling on the same day (August 19, 2016).

I now realize, however, that my immigration consultant's advice was incorrect and this means that I was working for more hours than my off-campus work permit allowed, and without being on implied status between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

I wanted to ensure that I was completely up front about this in my application, and am humbly asking that you not count this action against me in considering my permanent residency application. I do understand that it was my responsibility to ensure that I complied, in full, with the terms of my permit, and accept this. However, I hope that I can receive consideration for the fact that the error was not made purposively, but through my ill-advised (yet hopefully understandable) reliance on my immigration consultant.

Please note, as well, that I do not expect the work experience gained during this period (August 1 - August 19, 2016) to be counted toward my permanent residency application in anyway.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and, thank you, again, for your review and consideration of my application.

Yours sincerely,

[Your full name]
[Your travel document number]
[Your phone number]
[Your email address]
What do you mean by "flagpoling"? (last sentence of the 3rd paragraph of the letter)

Please see my revision below:

[Your address]

Re: Letter of Explanation regarding work history between August 1 and August 19, 2017

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for considering my application thus far. I am writing to clarify my work history between August 1, 2016and August 19, 2016.

Prior to August 1, 2016, I was working legally in Canada on a study permit and was working for 20 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title) through my off-campus work permit from February 1, 2016 to July 30, 2016.

However, after submitting my thesis, which was accepted in July 2016, I was advised by an immigration consultant that I could work full-time while waiting for the letter from the Registrar's Office advising of the completion of my Master's program. As such, on August 1, 2016, I started working for 26.25 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title). Fortunately, I received a letter through email from the Registrar's Office advising that I had officially completed my program on August 19, 2016; I obtained my PGWP through flagpoling on the same day (August 19, 2016).

However, I now realize that my immigration consultant's advice was incorrect, and I was working for more hours than my off-campus work permit allowed, so I was not on implied status between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

I want to disclose this up front in my application, and I humbly request that you not count this action against me in considering my permanent residency application. I do understand that it was my responsibility to comply with the terms of my permit. However, please consider that my error was completely accidental and made through my ill-advised, although hopefully understandable, reliance on my immigration consultant.

Please also note that I do not expect the work experience gained during this period (August 1 - August 19, 2016) to be counted toward my permanent residency application in any way.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your review and consideration of my application.

Yours sincerely,

[Your full name]
[Your phone number]
[Your email address]

Reactions: Saidkhan and iamxty

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Oh my god I was sure it was fake!! I actually wanted to yell at the person because it seems they kept trying to revive the post every couple of hours or every time it went down in the queue. What made me angrier was the sharing of private information they did! Glad it's turning out for the best for you!! I wish I sent that person an angry message now!!! But I had to give them the benefit of the doubt in case they were really grieving.
Good luck and truly wishing you the best!!
Yes, it is not true.

But what do you mean they? Not only one person (or username)? Grieving? In what way?

Honestly, I still don't understand what, when, how it happened or who did it because no one wanted to talk about it, as if nothing happened (don't get me wrong here, I appreciate the well-wishes of this group and the friends who were there to comfort me). I only saw one screenshot of that death posting. I understand everybody was stressed with those news and we all got a lot on our plate as well but it tremendously affected my life. I am still shaking every time I remember it, I am afraid to step out of my house and I keep checking on my family back home. Although I also wanted to forget about it and move on, I keep coming back to this forum hoping to get more details, and finally, someone talked. Thank you for the information you shared. If you don't mind, can I send you a PM?

Reactions: Mithu3

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
What do you mean by "flagpoling"? (last sentence of the 3rd paragraph of the letter)

Please see my revision below:

[Your address]

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for considering my application thus far. I am writing to clarify my work history between August 1, 2016and August 19, 2016.

Prior to August 1, 2016, I was working legally in Canada on a study permit and was working for 20 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title) through my off-campus work permit from February 1, 2016 to July 30, 2016.

However, after submitting my thesis, which was accepted in July 2016, I was advised by an immigration consultant that I could work full-time while waiting for the letter from the Registrar's Office advising of the completion of my Master's program. As such, on August 1, 2016, I started working for 26.25 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title). Fortunately, I received a letter through email from the Registrar's Office advising that I had officially completed my program on August 19, 2016; I obtained my PGWP through flagpoling on the same day (August 19, 2016).

However, I now realize that my immigration consultant's advice was incorrect, and I was working for more hours than my off-campus work permit allowed, so I was not on implied status between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

I want to disclose this up front in my application, and I humbly request that you not count this action against me in considering my permanent residency application. I do understand that it was my responsibility to comply with the terms of my permit. However, please consider that my error was completely accidental and made through my ill-advised, although hopefully understandable, reliance on my immigration consultant.

Please also note that I do not expect the work experience gained during this period (August 1 - August 19, 2016) to be counted toward my permanent residency application in any way.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your review and consideration of my application.

Yours sincerely,

[Your full name]
[Your phone number]
[Your email address]
Thank you dear trumprefugee,

Flagpoling is a procedure that a person who wants to obtain a post graduation work permit, after finishing of studies can go to the border, and return back from US and can apply for it. Instead of waiting for PGWP for several months, you can get it in a day.