+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

N00shD

Dec 19, 2016
I have officially been accepted for a student permit and my husband has been accepted for an open work permit!!!! Here is where I will probably beat most of you to Canada, but not as a permanent resident.

I have an important question for anyone who has an open work permit from Canada. Did you have to cross the border to get something official before you can say you are legally allowed to work? Or is the number in the acceptance letter the number you tell potential employers?

Thank you
My husband has open work permit. First you get the visa on your pass and when you are at the border the officer will check your letter and the visa and will ask some routine questions and then will issue a Work Permit (with this permit you are allowed to work in Canada). I am not sure what you are suppose to give the potential employers when you didnt cross the border yet :)

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
My husband has open work permit. First you get the visa on your pass and when you are at the border the officer will check your letter and the visa and will ask some routine questions and then will issue a Work Permit (with this permit you are allowed to work in Canada). I am not sure what you are suppose to give the potential employers when you didnt cross the border yet :)
Thank you. Does the work permit get attached to the passport or is it a separate document? Interestingly, because we are from USA, we won't get visas or etas. I can't figure out if anything will wind up on the passport.

N00shD

Dec 19, 2016
Thank you. Does the work permit get attached to the passport or is it a separate document? Interestingly, because we are from USA, we won't get visas or etas. I can't figure out if anything will wind up on the passport.
Oh I see. Normally they attache it to the passport. I have my student permit attached to my pass but my second permit is separate since I applied within Canada.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
I have officially been accepted for a student permit and my husband has been accepted for an open work permit!!!! Here is where I will probably beat most of you to Canada, but not as a permanent resident.

I have an important question for anyone who has an open work permit from Canada. Did you have to cross the border to get something official before you can say you are legally allowed to work? Or is the number in the acceptance letter the number you tell potential employers?

Thank you
congratulations.....:):)

Reactions: tjsecondtry

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
I am already in canada with my husband for his studies and i am applying for open work permit tomorrow. Do we need, in case of pr application, to keep our funds in canadian bank account? Or should it be fine if the funds are in an account in our home country? Would bringing the funds into accounts here require an explanation letter?

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I am already in canada with my husband for his studies and i am applying for open work permit tomorrow. Do we need, in case of pr application, to keep our funds in canadian bank account? Or should it be fine if the funds are in an account in our home country? Would bringing the funds into accounts here require an explanation letter?
As long as you can show where the money was for 6 months, I don't think it matters where. We have opened a Canadian account, but haven't started transferring funds yet.

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017

Thank you
You get the open work permit when you land at the Port of Entry

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Wow!! You're in great hurry to leave Mr. DT :D:D
The biggest concern for us is doing whatever is necessary to be able to state my hubby is legally eligible to work in Canada on job applications. If we land this weekend, I'm sure he'll be able to claim that. If we wait, I'm not sure what his status is considered.

Reactions: jaybee2

Shamita

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I just created my EE profile at 11:30 AM CST but my score is not being displayed.It says , wait for 24 hours
My Crs is expected to be 433.
If a draw happens tomorrow , will i get an ITA , if the score <=433.
Experts please advise
Anyone faced simiar issue?