+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Guys, quick question...
If someone currently has residency dependents in the country he's residing in (dependents are mother and siblings), but they don't intend to come to Canada with him, does the person have to show POF, do medicals and PCC for the dependents linked to his residency visa?! Or is it only required for spouse and children?!
Some definitions for clear answer:-

You can bring family members with you to Canada if they were processed for permanent residence as your dependents. This includes:
The family members that can’t come with you include:

• your parents
  • grandparents
  • brother or sister
  • uncle or aunt
  • nephew or niece
  • other relatives
You may be able to sponsor them after you immigrate to Canada. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp)

Mother comes under Family Sponsorship and Sibling can apply via EE as well if i am not wrong. If they are not coming with you then no need of PPC, Medical and POF. Best wishes. :):)

Last edited:

Espiritguy

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Guys one quick question, I had been doing my Masters in Business Administration ( 2 years course ) through DISTANCE EDUCATION from a recognized university.Just Want to know if i can get its points on completion ? Does WES consider DISTANCE LEARNING courses ?

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Guys one quick question, I had been doing my Masters in Business Administration ( 2 years course ) through DISTANCE EDUCATION from a recognized university.Just Want to know if i can get its points on completion ? Does WES consider DISTANCE LEARNING courses ?
I read in other thread that, master's equivalency had obtained for MBA through distance learning; Provided WES recognize the university.

DandyGirl

Mar 1, 2017
Some definitions for clear answer:-

You can bring family members with you to Canada if they were processed for permanent residence as your dependents. This includes:
The family members that can’t come with you include:

• your parents
  • grandparents
  • brother or sister
  • uncle or aunt
  • nephew or niece
  • other relatives
You may be able to sponsor them after you immigrate to Canada. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp)

Mother comes under Family Sponsorship and Sibling can apply via EE as well if i am not wrong. If they are not coming with you then no need of PPC, Medical and POF. Best wishes. :):)
Thank you very much for your reply, Karnesh!

So you're telling me having these dependents will not affect one's EE application whatsoever, and there's no need to even mention them, right?

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP

So you're telling me having these dependents will not affect one's EE application whatsoever, and there's no need to even mention them, right?
No it will not affect unless you've spouse and children with you in EE file as they are counted as your family..!

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

Spouse and dependent children, regardless accompanying or not, should be included in the e-APR, otherwise you will not be able to sponsor them in the future. And you still need to show POF for the family size indicated in your application.

Last edited:

DandyGirl

Mar 1, 2017
For spouse and children, regardless accompanying or not, you still need to mention them during e-APR, otherwise you will not be able to sponsor them in the future.
I was not asking about spouse and children.
My question revolves around "residency dependents" outside Canada, i.e parents and siblings on one's residency visa in residing country.

Thanks anyway! :)

Reactions: gurpreet.ts

Er.manoj

Star Member
May 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
IELTS Request
24-06-2016
Hi All,
Need little help for NOC 0131.
I am an engineer and work in a telecommunication firm in India. Could anyone please me help to get a resume or something similar to the job responsibilities mentioned in NOC 0131 on cic gc ca. My job responsibilities matches with the NOC 0131 and I perform almost every duty mentioned on the CIC website. But my designation is not of a manager. My position is of an Engineer. I need the job responsibilities that I can mention in my resume under NOC 0131.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I was not asking about spouse and children.
My question revolves around "residency dependents" outside Canada, i.e parents and siblings on one's residency visa in residing country.

Thanks anyway! :)
Sorry. :)
You cannot sponsor your siblings, only parents under family sponsorship when you are already a PR. Dependents in the EE profile includes spouse and children only.

Reactions: Fishal2017

dreamer88

Feb 27, 2017
Dear members

I am hoping to get an ITA with CRS score of 429. I had a question in mind i wanted to ask. I have admission in concordia university and also have CAQ, i applied for student visa and was rejected. Now i have applied for express entry, will my previous intent to acquire education from province of Quebec create problem for express entry application.

If it does create problem then how can i prove that i no longer have the same intent.

Anyone please answer.

dreamer88

Feb 27, 2017
My dear mate, I wish I could do that. I have explored too much about Canadian immigration lately. I even know how to apply for PR card once you land there. :p

Unfortunately, very first condition of Express entry aspirant is the intention to live out of Quebec. Hence outland, inland, CEC experience doesn't matter. You can't apply in Express entry as long as you continue to stay in Quebec. You can only apply being in Quebec if you can prove your intention to stay outside of Quebec to VO. For this very purpose, you can show him/her evidence of arranged employment outside of Quebec.

In my case, none of above holds true as I'm outland applicant, plus I have arranged employment in Quebec which actually proves my intention to stay in Quebec. I doubt if VO will accept even if I inform him that I'll be staying in Cornwall which is in Ontario and will commute for 3 hours daily. No one in sane mind will accept that reason unless he came drunk to work. :D

My only option is to get CSQ after I land in Montreal and get PR being in Quebec or leave my future employer after a year and find an employment outside of Quebec and then apply under express entry.

I feel first option is better for me and now I have an actual motivation to learn French. :cool:
Dear tarun

I am hoping to get an ITA with CRS score of 429. I had a question in mind i wanted to ask. I have admission in concordia university and also have CAQ, i applied for student visa and was rejected. Now i have applied for express entry, will my previous intent to acquire education from province of Quebec create problem for express entry application.
If it does create problem then how can i prove that i no longer have the same intent.