+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your story, @shaun75. I really enjoyed reading it, warts and all. Especially the warts, as they make the story genuine and yours. Gosh, tell me about the years passing by as life happens. I can't believe 20+ years have passed since I first turned 20! :eek: But yes, we still have more than half of our lives ahead of us, and we will be spending it in Canada, which I think will be the best place for me to spend the next half of my life!

Anyone else want to step up next to share their journey to Canada? Planning my future in Canada and reading about other immigrants' personal journeys helps keep my spirits up during this stressful time.
It all started with a couple of National geographic magazines and pictures of Yellowstone/ Yosemite & niagra in early my teens..around that time,a big 30-40 page book by one of the leading immigration consultant WWIC showcased the picturesque Canada and so my dream (and my brothers too) started around 20 years back...after completing my management PG,sadly i realised that it was difficult (near impossible) to migrate within management profession as those days it was not on the list / the standards were miles apart...Canada remained a mirage till last year end when my brother again visited a consultant to probe the prospects of a student visa for me and we came to know about EE...I filled up an online assessment & found out I could score as high as 452 (I assumed a decent score in ielts for me as I hadn't taken the test back then)...excited,i met with a consultant who gave a severe blow to my revived dream saying the best I could get was around 350 and that wasn't going to find any luck at least for couple of years and dejected I was about to turn back home...my friend who was with me insisted on meeting another consultant and we headed to them and there the nice lady made me understand that a lot depends on ielts...i came back home and I realised the difference was the first consultant had assigned me some poor scoring for me...tried with Canada visa CRS calculator and realised if I scored clb9 or CLB10 I had good chance and thereafter by Gods grace I managed to score CLB10 and here I'm with 448 and July 12th ita...
Canada has been my destination since i had gone through that brochure some 20years back and I was always disappointed that there was little chance I could make it...last year I even had wishfully looked at the investor program requiring $800000 and wanted to do that by 50years by saving that much by then (working in Middle East)...I hadn't checked EE program unaware of its existence/believing it still followed the earlier policies...
thereafter the challenge of the experience letter came...like I had wrote yesterday,my ex boss from the company I left 4 years back went out of the way to get a letter issued from the company...it must have been a first for the company employing over 100000 ppl across 40 countries among different companies to issue a letter beyond normal "mr.x had worked from xx/xx/2009 to xx/xx/2013 with us & during the period his performance and conduct was good" ...then even the letter had some issues as they don't sign the letter in person...instead the concerned person affix a digital image of the HR head...the letter comes complete in all other terms,but for the sign which appear as if I had photoshoped the whole thing...now,my boss issued another one in his personal capacity including a reference to the hr issued letter and helped me get it notarised...
---
what I'm saying is,after having gone through so much agony to get an entry and pr,it won't be fair to blame Canada if I don't make myself successful there...
I'm open to accept any job to start with and build it...I plan to enroll for a course right away with cic to help me get certified to work in banks & once there I want to slowly move into management consulting and will pursue studies helping me for the same...
So,the journey will be tough but i hope it has its rewards..
I know this must be boring to read...but I've written for those who may find things tough and turn back...it's not easy for everyone...and it is not over with pr ...like @pessacanada mentioned,we work for our dream and for the future of our future generations...hopefully they will be born citizens and will have less struggles...

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
Such moving stories , anecdotes and experiances.
I am now feeling strange as my story is in total contrast ,I never planned or thought to move to Canada until late last year
In fact i simply boarded a life-train in 2003 and it has been taking me here and there on its own.
So here i am sitting at a station waiting to get a ticket, if life-train wants to take me to a new destination.
I dont know what's ahead, but i will take it as it comes.
Just one thing to add that my dad taught me , if you are really really and really good in your skillset.. you wont fail anywhere in the world.

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Okay my American friend. I'll gladly share my journey. For those who have heard it before or are here for immigration advice, look away now. Please, you have been warned.

My love affair with Canada started during my university days when I was younger, much younger. I did an IT degree in a university in Northern Ireland and as part of all our IT degrees in Northern Ireland we need to do one year of work experience. I expect this is similar in other countries. Most of my fellow students did their year of work experience in a local business, a few go across the water to Great Britain, but in our university one lucky student gets to do their work experience in Waterloo, Canada in Wilfrid Laurier University. The work was to be the dedicated IT assistance to the School of Business and Economics (SBE). This assistance for SBE was in addition to the normal IT provision to the rest of the university staff. This department is probably the most prestigious in the entire university and as such probably had the budget to hire an Irish student to be their personal IT help for a year so they didn't have to wait for the normal university IT help. They have been taking an Irish student since way before I arrived in 96 and when I went back in 2013 they were still taking them. It truly is a win win situation.

I was the lucky student to get picked. To be honest Canada was my second choice for a destination, but as I quickly found out there was no placement in Australia and the only placement outside the UK and Ireland was Canada. Luckily Canada was number 2 on my 'want to be there' list and even before Canada I knew that Northern Ireland was quite near the bottom of my list. I passionately hated the sectarism here and still do, albeit it's not as bad as it was during the troubles. But from an early age I knew I did not want to bring children up steeped in that Catholic vs Protestant environment. Religion has so much to answer for, but that's another drunken conversation.

So I landed in Waterloo in the summer of 96 and lived with 12 other students in a house near the university. I spent a wonderful year there and very quickly decided I needed to live there. Canada became the number 1 on my 'want to be there' list. I started to plan how I could make that happen. I was young, free and smart. How hard could it be?

I loved Canada and the university, particularly SBE which had their flagship program, their MBA. I decided to pursue this avenue and sat the GMAT (which you needed to pass before they would even consider you) and passed. They gave me a conditional offer to enrol for their MBA once I finished my degree, on the condition I obtained a 2.1 classification in my IT degree. That was it. Simple. Go home after my placement year. Sit the final year of my degree. Get my 2.1 classification and Wilfrid Laurier would offer me a place in the MBA program starting 1998. I knew from my friends doing the MBA there that they were snapped up by Canadian firms and citizenship was assured.

I went home home studied hard, just managed to get a 2.1 and sent off my results to Canada. Wilfrid Laurier sent me back my offer of a place and that should have been it Objective achieved. Mission accomplished. Dreams come true.

But during that final year when I was trying so hard to get the 2.1 that I needed for a place in Laurier, I met the only thing in this world that I realised I loved more than Canada - my future wife. I also received an excellent job offer from a local company and decided to accept the job offer, delay the MBA enrollment for a year while I convinced by girlfriend that Canada was the place for both of us. The delayed enrollment turned into two years delayed enrollment and then Laurier stopped asking me after that. My new company offered me the opportunity to do an MBA in Northern Ireland and I convinced my then girlfriend to take up the future wife role of permanently.

However Canada was never far from conversation, but there always seemed to be something that was just more pressing, like a wedding, or building a house or having our first child, or our second or our third. Years passed and then looking back I realised that I wasn't 21 anyone. I now wasn't one of those people who pass through this forum asking if 467 is going to get me a ITA and why is there not a draw this week because I've been waiting for a week already.

It was 2012 when I woke up and started to really push for my dream. And I mean my dream, because I'm still not 100% sure my wife shares my dream, but again a story for another day. So in 2012 we looked again seriously into immigration. I had to convince my wife to give Canada a try for a few years. We sat the IELTS and started to work through the complicated application process. A friend a mine had recently been turned down after 5 years because he has twin boys who are both severely autistic and they failed the medical. Back then processing time were measured in 3 to 5 years, so forgive me if I don't have the patience I should for some of our fellow forum members who are in a little more of a hurry.

We both passed the IELTS and started to complete paperwork, but ironically Canada got in the way. My work had an assignment based in Canada to work in Toronto for about 6 months. I jumped at the chance and took my family with me for a large part of it. It only reinforced my desire to immigrate and my wife enjoyed the experience as well. That actually distracted us for following through with the old paper based application. I have actually still got the copy printed our and half filled in.

When we came back and finally made the decision to try again it was the start of 2016 and EE was upon us. EE is so much better than what went before. I entered the pool with so much enthusiasm in July 2016 and that enthusiasm turned sour very quickly. The CRS scores were consistently above 450 and not looking like they would budge anytime soon. I realised that the only way (or thought the only way) I was going to be able to get the required points was to get a job offer. Easy. I was a senior IT Manager, with an MBA and had loads of very highly desirable experience. I was enrolled in the Job Bank (as you had to be back then). How hard could it be?

I applied to about 20 jobs over 6 months and only one (Deloitte) had the decency to send me a rejection email. A company in the Job Bank even invited me to apply and they never bothered to reply. Many of the jobs I was applying for were below my experience level and I could have done with my eyes closed. It was a real eye opener. While I agree with lots of the comments that were said to @andieangel post, I do expect it will be much tougher than you imagined to get a job. Don't underestimate the effort and time it will take to get the job you deserve. It will probably be much hard than you expect, but more worth it as well.

At that point I decided to stop applying and ignore the Job Bank emails. The only thing worse than rejection was hearing nothing. To be perfectly honest I lost hope and gave up on the idea. I thought that I'd missed my chance. That was until I happened to look at the CRS cut offs in early June and saw the legendary 413. I quickly got excited, started doing some research and found this forum and my new friends here.

The positively here has been really inspiring and has actually got me to get off my ass and got me to do something. Our score has been increased. We have a plan A, plan B and now plan C. I can now see a way forward and options. I can see it happening, maybe not this month or possibly even this year, but by early 2018 at the latest I expect an ITA.

That brings me up to the current date. I've just scanned back over what I've written and want to apologise for any of you who have actually waded through my journey. I expect that's not what you expected @trumprefugee when you asked for my 20 year story. That's it, warts and all.

If you've got this far I just want to cover one more point - my regrets. I don't regret choosing my wife over Canada, and still would in a heartbeat. No question or contest. I do regret taking the 'bribes' that have kept me here; the comforty job, the local MBA and the easy path. I wish I had just been more focused and determined before.

But on the bright side I'm only 42. I have more than half my life ahead of me - I hope! And I'm going to get to share the best place in the world with my best friend and 3 wonderful children.

That's my story, my journey and I can think of no more fitting way than to get drunk and reminisce with my new found friends here watching the Northern Lights at the Yukon party. Thanks for listening. :)
Wow Shaun.!! Thanks for sharing your journey and I will pray that you'll get your ITA very soon. My waiting period looks nothing and not even 5% closed to what you've shared here. Best wishes Buddy.! :):)

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Can anyone pls review the below responsibilities against the respective NOC and let me know whether they are fine to include in one’s employment reference letter or not ?

If not, then pls do let me know. Thank you so much for your support.

Actual Roles & Responsibilities of a Garments Merchandiser

-To develop denim collections based on the recent trend and choosing the most appropriate denim garments for order meeting that relies on the need of the business.

-To find out the necessities against the order query followed by finding out the category and their quantities before acquiring them.

-To maintain adequate amount of raw materials reach the factory on time for smooth garments production by following up with the suppliers.

-To manage and guide a group of merchandisers to perform and satisfy the business demand for the company to maximize the profit.

-To decide which raw merchandise to buy from the retail enterprise for the denim garments sale after their production.

-To meet and negotiate different business policies, for instance, price point, credit terminology, modes of shipment, and customer rebates with the fabric and trimming suppliers.

-Visiting the key suppliers’ factories, from time to time, for maintaining the existing business relationship and also searching for new suppliers, for better potential business.

-Traveling to different clothing brand’s showroom and also attending trade and fashion shows to identify and mark the ongoing fashion trends.

Retail and wholesale buyers perform some or all of the following duties: (NOC 6233)

• Purchase merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments
  • Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
  • Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
  • Select the merchandise which best fits the establishment's requirements
  • Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
  • Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets and maintain adequate stock levels
  • Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
  • May supervise the work of other retail buyers.
Retail and wholesale buyers may specialize in a particular merchandise line.

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
It all started with a couple of National geographic magazines and pictures of Yellowstone/ Yosemite & niagra in early my teens..around that time,a big 30-40 page book by one of the leading immigration consultant WWIC showcased the picturesque Canada and so my dream (and my brothers too) started around 20 years back...after completing my management PG,sadly i realised that it was difficult (near impossible) to migrate within management profession as those days it was not on the list / the standards were miles apart...Canada remained a mirage till last year end when my brother again visited a consultant to probe the prospects of a student visa for me and we came to know about EE...I filled up an online assessment & found out I could score as high as 452 (I assumed a decent score in ielts for me as I hadn't taken the test back then)...excited,i met with a consultant who gave a severe blow to my revived dream saying the best I could get was around 350 and that wasn't going to find any luck at least for couple of years and dejected I was about to turn back home...my friend who was with me insisted on meeting another consultant and we headed to them and there the nice lady made me understand that a lot depends on ielts...i came back home and I realised the difference was the first consultant had assigned me some poor scoring for me...tried with Canada visa CRS calculator and realised if I scored clb9 or CLB10 I had good chance and thereafter by Gods grace I managed to score CLB10 and here I'm with 448 and July 12th ita...
Canada has been my destination since i had gone through that brochure some 20years back and I was always disappointed that there was little chance I could make it...last year I even had wishfully looked at the investor program requiring $800000 and wanted to do that by 50years by saving that much by then (working in Middle East)...I hadn't checked EE program unaware of its existence/believing it still followed the earlier policies...
thereafter the challenge of the experience letter came...like I had wrote yesterday,my ex boss from the company I left 4 years back went out of the way to get a letter issued from the company...it must have been a first for the company employing over 100000 ppl across 40 countries among different companies to issue a letter beyond normal "mr.x had worked from xx/xx/2009 to xx/xx/2013 with us & during the period his performance and conduct was good" ...then even the letter had some issues as they don't sign the letter in person...instead the concerned person affix a digital image of the HR head...the letter comes complete in all other terms,but for the sign which appear as if I had photoshoped the whole thing...now,my boss issued another one in his personal capacity including a reference to the hr issued letter and helped me get it notarised...
---
what I'm saying is,after having gone through so much agony to get an entry and pr,it won't be fair to blame Canada if I don't make myself successful there...
I'm open to accept any job to start with and build it...I plan to enroll for a course right away with cic to help me get certified to work in banks & once there I want to slowly move into management consulting and will pursue studies helping me for the same...
So,the journey will be tough but i hope it has its rewards..
I know this must be boring to read...but I've written for those who may find things tough and turn back...it's not easy for everyone...and it is not over with pr ...like @pessacanada mentioned,we work for our dream and for the future of our future generations...hopefully they will be born citizens and will have less struggles...
Thank you Lino for Sharing here.! I was not aware about your journey at all and knew your name as "this friend is writing very long posts" :D:D

Wish you all the best for Post-ITA process and I expect you to get PPR within 3 months of e-AOR. :)

Well it will be difficult to find a job initially but i am looking at the possibilities of starting some business in Agriculture field after gaining required experience in related field. That's what i am dreaming for now apart from PPR. :)

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Such moving stories , anecdotes and experiances.
I am now feeling strange as my story is in total contrast ,I never planned or thought to move to Canada until late last year
In fact i simply boarded a life-train in 2003 and it has been taking me here and there on its own.
So here i am sitting at a station waiting to get a ticket, if life-train wants to take me to a new destination.
I dont know what's ahead, but i will take it as it comes.
Just one thing to add that my dad taught me , if you are really really and really good in your skillset.. you wont fail anywhere in the world.
Yes Yes.! For sure you will get your golden ticket very soon. Best Wishes. :):)

raj2017

May 22, 2017
Get well soon buddy...u hv amnesia...go back & read what u wrote 1st & then argue
may be u need to read ur comment before telling me, if you have difficulty in interpreting ppl no body can help you, u need to help yourself and try to be positive and learn not to take every small humor in attack from other manner...

raj2017

May 22, 2017
I m on ur side on this....really felt you were complimenting him on CLB9...and also felt ur response was a witty counter in the nature true to that of roh ....and he had invited opinion on his analysis...
ur response also didn't do anything to escalate it....his last response escalated it now that we need to call in moderators :cool:...or need to be queued in for Yukon bout as @N_PA rightly suggested..;)...--
nevertheless roh need to breathe & be lively again and war of words help at times :p:D:cool:
thanks for this i hope ur msg would be conveyed to @harman_778 i read in this forum and else a lot that IELTS is in money making business and somebody is getting in in first attempt in fact surprise me and letter sentence was the witty manner of mine to respond to ppl like him,,, though wasnt disrespectful and then he said something and now he thinks that I have amnesia,,,, anyways i ll pass thru it and arguing with such ppl is my profession again thanks for your words

Vikrant15

Jul 26, 2017
hello Guys,
I have a query regarding proof of income for Self Employed Experience.
I am self employed since Jan 2015 in my own business in India, and for proof of income I have the income tax return for last financial year, till march 2016.
I do not have a tax return after that. Will I need to provide a proof of Business Income til March 2017 as well? or last year's proof will suffice? As IRCC is just concerned with the income that has come through self employment. No where it is mentioned that we are supposed to provide each year's income proof.
So can I go ahead with this?

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
thanks for this i hope ur msg would be conveyed to @harman_778 i read in this forum and else a lot that IELTS is in money making business and somebody is getting in in first attempt in fact surprise me and letter sentence was the witty manner of mine to respond to ppl like him,,, though wasnt disrespectful and then he said something and now he thinks that I have amnesia,,,, anyways i ll pass thru it and arguing with such ppl is my profession again thanks for your words
it was only a small argument & leave it at that :p....and it wasn't intentional either...he misunderstood ur compliment as a tease...
ray of hope is where we move past hard feelings quickly:)...
enjoy and stay positive...a draw is in the vicinity...let us all stay cheerful and hopeful :)

Last edited: