+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

Indy_GT

Feb 10, 2017
Writing post after a long time.

Latest developments highlight that CIC want to take fewer applications till the end of October. This decision is taken to process FSW stream applications within 2 months and PNP applications within 4 months. Anyone who applied in July or onwards will benefit from this decision and hopefully, 80% of the applicants from July and August will receive PPR within this year.

The good news is that CIC will be able to deal with 2x more applications online by December which indicates their intentions to take scores lower than 400 in the first quarter of 2018.

I hope this will help. Good Luck to all.
By fewer applications, do you mean around 3K or fall below. Lets hope it stays at 3K level. By your logic of 2x, it means around 5-6K for the last 4 draws of the year (2 each for Nov & Dec). If that happens, the 400 lot will be cleared by Dec.

Would love to know the source, but, for the time being i'm loving your 'Short term pain, Long term gain' theory.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017

Latest developments highlight that CIC want to take fewer applications till the end of October. This decision is taken to process FSW stream applications within 2 months and PNP applications within 4 months. Anyone who applied in July or onwards will benefit from this decision and hopefully, 80% of the applicants from July and August will receive PPR within this year.

The good news is that CIC will be able to deal with 2x more applications online by December which indicates their intentions to take scores lower than 400 in the first quarter of 2018.

Are you suggesting that CIC will be able to take biweekly draws of 6000 after December, or am I misunderstanding 2x more?

dimidaza

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Guys I still have not made up my mind: should I decline this ITA or change my primary noc in the post ITA application? what are the chances of being rejected because of changing the primary noc? Meanwhile I am still preparing documentation, Turkish embassy is delaying my application for PCC...

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017

Welcome back, @BillHyatt!

Iampositive

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Guys I still have not made up my mind: should I decline this ITA or change my primary noc in the post ITA application? what are the chances of being rejected because of changing the primary noc? Meanwhile I am still preparing documentation, Turkish embassy is delaying my application for PCC...
You can change your primary NOC, as long as it does not effect your CRS score, explain the change in LOE (letter of explanation). Dont decline your ITA.

amabomaa

Aug 8, 2017

@BillHyatt, does this give any indication on Ontario opening up intake for its Human Capital Priorities Stream anytime soon?

shaun75

Jun 28, 2017
Northern Ireland
NOC Code......

As a heterosexual happily married man with kids, I don't mind admitting I'm feeling a little man love right now. :p

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
John McCallum, the Immigration Minister of Canada indicated recently that they will let more immigrants enter Canada in the year 2017. He also regarded it as a "good policy for democratic reasons". The report suggests that the quota will be increased to 300,000 people for 2017. McCallum also said that raising the quota up to 300,000 immigrants has laid a permanent foundation for their country’s future economic growth.

Like many other countries, Canada has an aging population, which poses a challenge for their economic growth. So, letting more immigrants will help the country in the growth of their economy. An economic advisory council at the finance minister Bill Morneau’s office, also recommended that Canada must increase its annual immigration target to 450,000 in the next 5 years to attract top and experienced talent to their companies in Canada.

"This is an achievable number for some date in the future,” said McCallum, who agreed with the recommendations.

In the next year's plan, the number of immigrants under the economic growth category will rise to 172,500 from 1,60,600 this year, the Canadian Government said. The number of refugees will decrease from 55,800 to 40,000.

It is a really good news for people planning to migrate to Canada next year! We also expect that the Canadian Government will make certain significant changes including some relaxations for the aspiring immigrants.

Bro you need to be updated.. John McCallum is no longer immigration minister. Ahmed Hussen is since Jan 2017.

Po0oyaa

May 4, 2017
Hey guys! Good luck to us all in the coming weeks :);)

I have 2 questions I'd appreciate if someoen can answer them.

1. I submitted my profile on August 11th and I have a score of 427. If lets say a theres a draw later this month over 420 or 425 would I get an ITA? or does it have to be 6 months until I get selected?

2. For Ontario and BC nominations, is there a way that I can apply? Or only they can invite me to apply ? I noticed my occupation is on their wanted list.