+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

Teja2000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Thanks for the inputs and i need only 0.5 increase so that i will get 6.0 in it and that's more than sufficient for me to my score change.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hey you dear @trumprefugee, how are you? How is life with mr president?
Yes I'm in Bordeaux, France (not Paris) and unfortunately I'm not native but I speak fluently like French guy ;) That's why I was telling here to everyone if smb wants to learn French I may give some advice but I may see that people are so afraid of difficulty of this language. As you see, if you know French at least intermediate level you will be awarded extra points :) Are you still waiting the reopening of OINP program? Hope you already prepared everything and OINP will open anytime soon. Good luck to you and everyone here!
Bonjour, @pessacanada. I started doing duolingo a couple months ago to see what I could do about learning French to get a few extra points. But I would need to get CLB 7 on all 4 sections to get only an additional 24 points, and I'll be losing 11 points on my birthday in February anyway, so it just feels like a lot of work for very little payoff for now. I do want eventually to learn French well, but at my own pace based on my schedule, rather than under a tight deadline, preferably after I get to Canada and can take one of the free classes that the government offers to permanent residents.

After I finally could create my EE profile on July 10, I got NOI from Ontario the next day and thought OINP would be the most effective way for me to increase my CRS points - 600 points for preparing paperwork, most of which I'll need post ITA anyway. So I focused nearly 100% on collecting my documents, only to find when I was ready to register on July 25 that it got put on hold! So yes, I am still waiting and checking and praying every day for them to reopen. And I do need to find a job, can't remain unemployed in Canada, so I also am job hunting. And I'm going through a busier time at work now and have other local business matters to handle, so unfortunately learning French has dropped to relatively low priority at this time for me. However, I am trying to squeeze in some French study here and there whenever I can, so I might take you up on your offer for French help soon. Merci!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hey you dear @trumprefugee, how are you? How is life with mr president?
Yes I'm in Bordeaux, France (not Paris) and unfortunately I'm not native but I speak fluently like French guy ;) That's why I was telling here to everyone if smb wants to learn French I may give some advice but I may see that people are so afraid of difficulty of this language. As you see, if you know French at least intermediate level you will be awarded extra points :) Are you still waiting the reopening of OINP program? Hope you already prepared everything and OINP will open anytime soon. Good luck to you and everyone here!
How is life with Mr. President? He's a chicken now:

Sararohit

Jul 27, 2017
ITA in hand but can someone help me

I got deported from US and my FBI PCC says I was arrested and inadmissible under section ....

I was dependent of my husband and they presumed I was working illegally.

Will this have any impact on PR

cankrk

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Bonjour, @pessacanada. I started doing duolingo a couple months ago to see what I could do about learning French to get a few extra points. But I would need to get CLB 7 on all 4 sections to get only an additional 24 points, and I'll be losing 11 points on my birthday in February anyway, so it just feels like a lot of work for very little payoff for now. I do want eventually to learn French well, but at my own pace based on my schedule, rather than under a tight deadline, preferably after I get to Canada and can take one of the free classes that the government offers to permanent residents.
Bonjour!

Similar story here, was too slow on OINP, but started French classes this week, so far found it quite difficult with pronunciation.

However, I'm wondering how you came with the additional 24 points for CLB7 on French. After June 2017 changes I understood it as 42 points boost for CLB7 on French, given that you have good score in English. It comes from 3*4=12 for each ability for secondary language and additional 30 points for good French while having good English.

Am I wrong here?

Reactions: pessacanada

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Bonjour!

Similar story here, was too slow on OINP, but started French classes this week, so far found it quite difficult with pronunciation.

However, I'm wondering how you came with the additional 24 points for CLB7 on French. After June 2017 changes I understood it as 42 points boost for CLB7 on French, given that you have good score in English. It comes from 3*4=12 for each ability for secondary language and additional 30 points for good French while having good English.

Am I wrong here?
Good for you! That's what I'm telling my friends here but I do understand we have other things to do. However, if we want the things to work out in our favour so we should work hard to be able to get to the target we want.
So, I remind you guys the points awarding. :)
As a second language you will get as a single maximum 24 points and married 22 points:
1 point for CLB 6;
3 points for CLB 7 and 8;
6 points for CLB 9 or more.

And in addition to this, strong French language skills (CLB 7 in all 4 sections), you will be awarded extra 30 points, coz I know you all here have scored at least CLB 5 in IELTS. ;):cool::rolleyes:

Conclusion, you may claim for 54 points max as a single or 52 points as a married. I guess it's worth the money or the time you are investing, coz there are some people who have already started to learn French as they want to boost their CRS and get to Canada ASAP.

cankrk

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Good for you! That's what I'm telling my friends here but I do understand we have other things to do. However, if we want the things to work out in our favour so we should work hard to be able to get to the target we want.
So, I remind you guys the points awarding. :)
As a second language you will get as a single maximum 24 points and married 22 points:
1 point for CLB 6;
3 points for CLB 7 and 8;
6 points for CLB 9 or more.

And in addition to this, strong French language skills (CLB 7 in all 4 sections), you will be awarded extra 30 points, coz I know you all here have scored at least CLB 5 in IELTS. ;):cool::rolleyes:

Conclusion, you may claim for 54 points max as a single or 52 points as a married. I guess it's worth the money or the time you are investing, coz there are some people who have already started to learn French as they want to boost their CRS and get to Canada ASAP.
Thanks for confirmation! So I understand it correctly. I was aiming at CLB7 + 30 points for IELTS 5+. Scoring CLB9 in a completely new language will definitely be very hard, unless you use some immersion techniques like moving to France for a year.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Hi good to know you are willing to help with those of us who want to learn French. I actually created a thread for the same purpose but like you said most people don't really want to take up the challenge but I believe apart from learning to boost point, being able to speak more languages actually give you more advantage for employment and especially in a dual language country like Canada.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/french-language-made-easy-for-beginners.498939/page-2
I'll join that thread soon. Time to get back to work on it.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Bonjour!

Am I wrong here?
Ah, vous avez raison! Merci. Where are you taking your French classes from?

So I took a look at the scoring again. I thought CLB 7 would give 6 points per ability for 24, but it takes CLB 9 to get the 24, whoaaa! There's no way I could get to CLB 9 before February 2018, even if I quit working and studied French full time! But yes, you are right about the 30 extra points for CLB 7 or higher.

But I really don't think it's realistic for me to get to CLB 7 French by early 2018. CLB 5 maybe, if I spend all my free time (which is very little these days) studying French intensely. And yes, French pronunciation is pretty difficult.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Official languages proficiency - second official language

Maximum points for each ability (reading, writing, speaking and listening):

6 with a spouse or common-law partner (up to a combined maximum of 22 points)
6 without a spouse or common-law partner (up to a combined maximum of 24 points)
Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level per ability With a spouse or common-law partner
(Maximum 22 points) Without a spouse or common-law partner
(Maximum 24 points)
CLB 4 or less 0 0
CLB 5 or 6 1 1
CLB 7 or 8 3 3
CLB 9 or more 6 6

CRS – D. Additional points
Scored NCLC 7 or higher on all four French language skills and scored CLB 5 or higher on all four English skills 30

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi good to know you are willing to help with those of us who want to learn French. I actually created a thread for the same purpose but like you said most people don't really want to take up the challenge but I believe apart from learning to boost point, being able to speak more languages actually give you more advantage for employment and especially in a dual language country like Canada.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/french-language-made-easy-for-beginners.498939/page-2
Thanks, I have joined in on that thread. Let's also set up a whatsapp group to practice French, maybe even have some voice chats when some of us can be online at the same time. I think that would help me stay motivated to keep studying French regularly, as I am very busy these days and it's so easy for the time to pass by. PM me your number if you'd like to join in on whatsapp.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
ITA in hand but can someone help me

I got deported from US and my FBI PCC says I was arrested and inadmissible under section ....

I was dependent of my husband and they presumed I was working illegally.

Will this have any impact on PR
If you were deported for being there illegally I can't imagine this will work out well for you.

It's really only the cic who can definitively answer, best bet would be to explain it clearly I guess

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Dear Seniors,

Please help me with a query. I have received ITA lately. My last day of application submission is in November, which is good for me but there are some documents that need time to collect which I don't get my hand on until late September. I have birthday in mid September, which would decrease my total crs. Will this lead to rejection?