+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 69th Draw

asmgx

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Congrats on the OINP. Did you get it recently? I thought they'd stopped giving them out.
No I have it since June
I have 2 more days to apply or I will lose it
I did not get Enrolment Number and I dont know how to get it and seems that I will lose it for technicallity

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
No I have it since June
I have 2 more days to apply or I will lose it
I did not get Enrolment Number and I dont know how to get it and seems that I will lose it for technicallity
If you have NOI and you received it on june2017, then it is valid until December2017 (6 months).
And you can't apply either since the registrations is on-hold since july 25.

You can able to apply when they re-open . Follow this link for updates.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
same goes with me, Retaken Ielts, Improved in other section but writing still 6.5 :D I would like to include a pleading note to the examiner in my answer sheet. Hope they will consider and gift me that +0.5 :p
I would NOT do this! They might disqualify your score altogether, as it might be considered cheating. At best this pleading statement might qualify as writing off topic in the essay, and will lead to lower points. I don't see how any fair minded examiner would grant you extra points on the basis of a plea.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello All,
I am a newbie on this forum or any forum for that matter.(noob ,is that the word?)
I am waiting for ITA at 426 and will be at 421 by end of Aug.(but Its still a Happiest Birthday for me as i hope my next one will be in Canada,so i am happy in advance)
I am also 'hopeful' like many of us here .
My reason to join here is to know people who are now in same boat as me and to basically ease my waiting period.

I am usually busy doing engineering stuff( my NOC 2133) which i find more fascinating than social media so pardon my noob nuisances.
I pray for all to get what they want and happiness in the end.
Welcome to the forum :)

I like your attitude about your birthday. Most of us (me included) could not help feeling blue for losing those 6 precious points. Inspired to see your attitude :)

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
If you re-write the ielts, and get a lower score.....

Does writing a second ielts imply that the first one is no longer valid?

Does it mean only the most recent ielts can be used??
No, your old scores from previous tests are not invalid. Each time you take the test and get a score, your scores are valid for 2 years. You can choose which of the test's scores you want to use for your EE profile. In other words, you can submit the scores of your best attempt, even if it is not the latest.

Timmyfemmy

Apr 21, 2017
I Have a question.
If your new or most recent IELTS result is not as high as the previous result, does that imply that the most recent becomes the only valid ielts result?

So does it mean you will not be allowed to use the old results since you now have a new one irrespective of if it's higher or lower?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
There is no ITA quota, only landed immigrants/PR gained quota.

As of today or July, whoever gets ITA and let's say it takes maximum 6 months processting time, he/she/they will be counted in the 2018 Immigrants quota. If 4 or less months processing, they are still in 2017 quota;)
It just dawned on me that this is the reason the issuance of ITAs ramps up in the first 2 quarters of the year. The reason the CRS dropped to 413 in May this year was that they were trying to fill up the quota for 2017. At this point, the ITAs they are issuing is for 2018 intake, and hence they are in no rush.

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
I Have a question.
If your new or most recent IELTS result is not as high as the previous result, does that imply that the most recent becomes the only valid ielts result?
No, you can use higher one,just don't update your application with new (lower) scores. Important consideration is, it should be within 2 year validity period. I am not an expert but I think its like that.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I Have a question.

So does it mean you will not be allowed to use the old results since you now have a new one irrespective of if it's higher or lower?
@Wacky1.nash had answered this same question just above your post.

You can use your older scores too if they are valid and will be valid at the time of application submission.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello everyone,
I missed a lot in the thread as to what is going on. Looking at the last few posts I feel it is still about predictions.

Finally in the pool with an CRS of 439 after getting my updated ECA. Whew, been waiting for it since my ielts result came out on the 21st of July. So that's a relief for me.

Now coming to the point of predictions. I see a lot of posts about CIC not conducting draws biweekly so as to keep the cutoff above a certain level. Well it might be true, but I have a point to clear. When anybody says that draws are not being conducted to keep the CRS cutoff above a certain level, they inherently assume that CIC cannot or rather would not change the number of ITA's issued by much in the next draw. If CIC wanted they could control the CRS cutoff by merely changing the number of invites sent out in each draw. For that matter they could have couple of draws each week and still the cutoff would not drop if they wanted.

Anyways everybody is entitled to their own beliefs and theories, just putting my two cents out there.

The truth is everybody here has the Canadian dream for their own reasons. I don't believe that one is more entitled to it that the other person just because it is decided by a score.

Keep the hope alive and keep dreaming for a better future for yourself and your loved ones.

Cheers!!!
This is a very insightful point!

Reactions: watt_head

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
I would NOT do this! They might disqualify your score altogether, as it might be considered cheating. At best this pleading statement might qualify as writing off topic in the essay, and will lead to lower points. I don't see how any fair minded examiner would grant you extra points on the basis of a plea.
Thanks for your advise :) I was just kidding since my score isn't improving in writing part.
I definitely won't include any pleading statement to increase my score , certainly, not any sane people will do.

Rest easy buddy :)