+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
you know Canada is losing on such great people...positive and all great humans...they will soon realize it and will soon reduce the CRS...there will be draw on Thursday or Friday for sure...being optimistic doesn't hurt...but don't get negative...if something does not work out...just try hard...I am thinking on French classes now...will wait till August end and will decide...no OINP means have to start thinking on other possibilities...all the best and hope to see you all in Canada

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
I was wondering if they looked at the PR applications of those that got ITAs at 425, 413, and realised for some reason they don't meet their criteria subjectively for what ever reason. Maybe they realised going below a certain CRS they don't get the kind of candidates they are interested in, and hence keeping it higher. I wonder if those with ITA at 413, whether their PR application will get through...

I know this is a very pessimistic view, and spells bad news for me sitting at 419... but just speculating...
no buddy they have numbers to fill and they will fill those for sure...there are various reasons for low CRS for applicants...OINP sent NOI to below 400 which means its not about CRS but about NOC list...and there are people who are below 413 with in demand jobs...

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering if they looked at the PR applications of those that got ITAs at 425, 413, and realised for some reason they don't meet their criteria subjectively for what ever reason. Maybe they realised going below a certain CRS they don't get the kind of candidates they are interested in, and hence keeping it higher. I wonder if those with ITA at 413, whether their PR application will get through...

I know this is a very pessimistic view, and spells bad news for me sitting at 419... but just speculating...
I think that it's unlikely that those who got CRS in the 420 region or below would be deemed undesirable by IRCC. The bare minimum is set outside of the CRS system by ensuring that, for example, FSW applicants must score 67/100 on the FSW points matrix. As long as the minimum requirements are met, I don't see why IRCC would have any interest in stopping people who are eligible from becoming PRs.

In terms of raw human capital CRS scores - compare the situation we have now to the situation we were in prior to November when IRCC were quite happy giving ITAs to anyone who had a job offer - irrespective of their CRS score. There were a lot of people who had CRS of maybe only 300 but their job offer got them bumped up to 900. IRCC didn't have a problem with this per se, although one side effect of that was that they saw a much larger than expected proportion of ITAs going to people with experience as fast food supervisors and cooks. That has been fixed by ensuring that those who are able to get a job offer will get a boost, but not such a boost that it would automatically give you an ITA. They didn't artificially restrict CRS back then and there's no reason they would start now.

Furthermore, 420+ isn't actually all that easy of a target for a lot of people. Consider those who have graduated from university less than three years ago as a good example. You would expect that young people with good education and perfect English would be just the kind of people that Canada wants - but no: someone applying for FSW with top IELTS, one year of experience, under 30 and a bachelors gets only 416 points. Likewise, someone very experienced in their field at age 29, with ten years of work experience, who has perfect English and a two year program at college as education gets only 419 CRS points. Both of these hypothetical people are highly desirable but have relatively low CRS. They will also not be able to increase their CRS without bettering their education or gaining more experience (short of getting PNP or a job offer).

Canada needs a good mix of people with varying levels of ability. I think that the CRS system combined with PNP and extra points for job offers is a fair system. With that being the case, I don't see any rationale that IRCC would have for artificially limiting CRS scores. Quite the opposite, as I've demonstrated above - it's in the interest of Canada to have people with lower human capital scores come in as well: many will be very valuable to the Canadian economy in the future!

Zakaria223

May 4, 2017
hello seniors,
On sept 6 my 2 years will be completed working in a company in canada and i will be having 437 points. But someone told me that they add points to your profile few weeks before the original date. Does anyone have any information about that?
And is there any chance of cutoff going to 437 by that time?
TIA

Ridhi1402

Jun 28, 2017
I may be wrong. But whenever CIC plans for a draw, I see status as "Updated" (instaed of submitted) in my EE profile though there is nothing which I could figure out that has been updated. On 14th, my profile status was showing "Updated" and we got draw results. Yesterday, there was no change in the status, so I thought the draw will not occur and it didn't.

As I said in the first line, I may be wrong but this is the misconception I have. I am waiting at 436 :) Hope to see a draw soon.

raj2017

May 22, 2017
was any1 able to understand the reason y there was no draw today...
there could be the only one reason for no draw today... CIC is being LAZY come on CIC do some work and allow us to do ours, refreshing the page all the time and thinking bout draw is distracting and doesnt allow us to concentrate on our work..

comeafteralone

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
There has to be at least 1 draw a month, rite? If there is no more draw in July then there's gotta be one in early August. Anyhow, it will happen soon enough.

raj2017

May 22, 2017
I actually think they're extremely transparent. There's a lot of data freely available for download - CRS history, number of ITAs, full history from previous years - and then on the Canada Open Data Portal they provide even more - breakdowns as to which NOCs people have, levels of education, provinces people are moving to etc... the list goes on!

Of course they could provide even more information, such as a schedule of when draws will be made - but that would reduce their ability to be flexible. We've all just got to be patient.
however, since they are providing all such information about CRS and ITA they should also provide information how many immigrants have landed in canada in 2017 so far, that may give us idea about upcoming CRS and so on.. in addition to that they should also put up schedule for all upcoming draws, if they have any changes to carry on in the existing pool then also they can notify us by giving reason why there wont be any draw on scheduled day,, everyone is assuming that the reason for only one draw in june was due to 6th june changes and now in july also there is only one draw so far, so now what could have been the reason for only one draw in july there is no changes to be carried out, I must say there has to be some strategy for them with respect to draw and ITA what is wrong in declaring the same,

raj2017

May 22, 2017
There has to be at least 1 draw a month, rite? If there is no more draw in July then there's gotta be one in early August. Anyhow, it will happen soon enough.
yup it will happen soon however, problem with that is it wont allow CRS score to go down which many of us are looking for. there should be atleast 2 draw in a month if not 3, that will only allow CRS to go down gradually