+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Sorry realised I didn't answer your question. It's actually quite difficult for me to do so. A straight forward one is what country is my passport from, the answer to which is "India," probably like you.

But I lived more than half my life in Bahrain, more than 7 years in Singapore, and only about 8 in India. My closest ties are in the US. So difficult to say "where I am from."
Wow! I envy you! You're a global citizen!

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
My scores increased from 405 to 462 this week and I hope we receive an ITA soon.
It's been a very weird journey for the PR till now! We started our journey from WES verification which was completed on June 22,2015. Then we activated our EE on 23rd July 2015 and we were on 440 points but the cut off points were very high that year! In July 2016, my agent said there seems to be some miscalculation from WES and we must send it for reevaluation. It took him a year to find this! After giving for reevaluation our points increased to 467 which means we could have easily got ITA in 2015 itself. We thought, it was our bad luck and then finally we got ITA in January 2017. We had everything prepared, but , my father -in -law had a heart attack in Feb so we had to put PR on the back burner, and in March my hubby's ielts was expiring, so we immediately applied for his ielts. Bad luck again, he got less scores and so we could not apply. You won't believe it, he consistently got less scores in subsequent 3 attempts, and it was only a '.5' difference in writing, he got 6.5 every time, that kept our score at 405, rest all subjects he was in the range of 8-9, he was so frustrated that he gave up. Last month, I told him let's give the ielts together, and here we are today at 462 points. It's been an overwhelming journey by far, and I hope that this time we receive the ITA. Thanks for reading. Just wanted to share my experience !
Congrats! You will get your ITA in the next draw. All the best.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Yeah that's the immigrant story, isn't it? Breaking away from the past in hopes of something better.

I think all of us here are not happy with how things are at the moment, and know that something much better awaits, if we just were in a different environment.

I'm sorry you are going through a tough time right now, and especially today. We are all here with you! We promise you, it will be better tomorrow!
Sorry to jump in to a conversation you're having with someone else but I had to say how lovely your post is! Thank you for this.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

sandhu2012

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Sorry to interrupt..

I just got my IELTS results and have calculated the CRS and it is 445.

I am still preparing to submit my file..
Any idea when can we expect the next draw?
I just want to make sure that I do not miss the next draw...

Regards

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
I see. But doesn't the score for masters/ two degrees combined with superior language increase the score significantly? I think I calculated it was 25 points (if not more).

Anyway I'm sure the self employment is kind of an issue. So yeah, probably you made the right decision. What is your CRS btw?
Ya just calculated my crs with me as primary applicant. Turns out to be 461, which is 22 more than what I have right now sitting at 439. I am not too concerned with last draw at 440 and a 9 point drop from June.

I feel proving self employment would have been much tougher than waiting couple of weeks. Assuming the draw does not happen tomorrow. (now I have said it, there must be a one tomorrow. :p)

You are really a global citizen. I have lived all my life in India and desperately seeking a new life. Better or worse will be decided by how much effort one puts into it. Atleast I am getting out of this rut I am stuck in.

Hope to see everyone on the other end of this saga called express entry.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Sorry to interrupt..

I just got my IELTS results and have calculated the CRS and it is 445.

I am still preparing to submit my file..
Any idea when can we expect the next draw?
I just want to make sure that I do not miss the next draw...

Regards
Ray of Hope says there will definitely be a draw tomorrow mate.

There is absolutely no reason why there wouldn't be.

Reactions: andieangel