+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 66th Draw

Snow-we-go

May 16, 2017
I don't agree......my score is 386 I have an undergrad but I also have the CPA (USA) designation working over 10years........my score is by no means a true reflection of who I am as an individual or even my ability to settle successfully in Canada. And while I may not have any immediate relatives in Canada I more than tons of friends who will be more than happy to do what's necessary to help me and my family get settled..............a number does not capture the complete picture!
I absolutely agree with you!

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
I don't agree......my score is 386 I have an undergrad but I also have the CPA (USA) designation working over 10years........my score is by no means a true reflection of who I am as an individual or even my ability to settle successfully in Canada. And while I may not have any immediate relatives in Canada I more than tons of friends who will be more than happy to do what's necessary to help me and my family get settled..............a number does not capture the complete picture!
I understand and respect your qualification, however their is a reason scores are given for optimum experience, higher education, better English score and less age. This is how Canadian immigration works

Weststarr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to Winnipeg for 4 days, this week, and omg that city is ugly ;p

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Saturday, July 1st is actually a national holiday: "Canada Day", to celebrate the unification of Canada in 1867. :D
you mean next Saturday , not this Saturday.. there is a holiday this Saturday 6/24 St. Jean Baptiste Day some offices are closed Friday/Today..

by the way i will be in Ottawa to witness 150th Canada Day :)

Corey26

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
To all those who are predicting scores to go down, remember one thing the whole point of express entry to is to be fair with immigration system.
Canada does not want people who don't have good command over English, this is the reason why most people with just under grad degree and under CLB9 remain around 400 points only. This means that if you just have 1 degree and can't write,speak or comprehend English there is very less chance that you would settle in Canada.

There is no guarantee that a persons scoring even 500 points would be successful in Canada, there are lot of other reason like how fast you try to integrate into Culture or if you have close relatives who can support and guide you initially when you land there. That is the reason additional points are allotted to candidates with relative in Canada.

In my opinion, IRCC does not want to invite candidate with low scores, that is going to burden them to process enormous applications, they want candidates to improve English or gain a masters or PhD degree. Next draw would only happen once certain number of candidates reach above their threshold which could be at 410-420.
Well well well, totally disagree! For instance, My IELTS scores are: L 8, S 7, R7 and W6.5 got me a CRS 384, and this short with 0.5 in writing has impeded me to get 430+ CRS,,, Does that mean my English not that competent and can't adpat in Canada as I lack only 0.5 in writing to reach CLB9? Nah my friend your estimation way far from logic, and it's not necessarily to be true for IRCIC to think that way!!

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well well well, totally disagree! For instance, My IELTS scores are: L 8, S 7, R7 and W6.5 got me a CRS 384, and this short with 0.5 in writing has impeded me to get 430+ CRS,,, Does that mean my English not that competent as I lack only 0.5 in writing to reach CLB9, Nah my friend your estimation way far from logic, and it's not necessarily to be true for IRCIC to think that way!!
For now consider IRCC is a machine that just knows what score to filter.
So my friend if you did get 0.5 do re-try IELTS asap before the next draw happens coz you know you can do better.
I was in the same situation but improved my score by a re-try.
Stay positive !!

FormaggioVolante

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Brazil
Well well well, totally disagree! For instance, My IELTS scores are: L 8, S 7, R7 and W6.5 got me a CRS 384, and this short with 0.5 in writing has impeded me to get 430+ CRS,,, Does that mean my English not that competent and can't adpat in Canada as I lack only 0.5 in writing to reach CLB9? Nah my friend your estimation way far from logic, and it's not necessarily to be true for IRCIC to think that way!!
I understand the way you feel about 0.5 points, and whilst the difference this half a point causes in your CRS score might seem a little steep, please remember that this was not defined arbitrarily. We may not be able to understand the reasoning behind this, but there must a proper reason.
Also, be glad you only rely on yourself to improve your CRS. Some of us have pretty much peaked already, at lower scores, and it's all downhill from here.

Corey26

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I understand the way you feel about 0.5 points, and whilst the difference this half a point causes in your CRS score might seem a little steep, please remember that this was not defined arbitrarily. We may not be able to understand the reasoning behind this, but there must a proper reason.
Also, be glad you only rely on yourself to improve your CRS. Some of us have pretty much peaked already, at lower scores, and it's all downhill from here.
True bro! Nobody knows what's going on beind the curtain of this so called IELTS, though I'm not giving up on IELTS I have booked another 2 consecutive IELTS tests on August in a bid to achieve my target score and with little zeal and perseverance nothing sounds unachievable whatsoever.;)

FaithandFavor

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
Hey I am also planning to settle in Manitoba. Can you plz share how was his experience there weather and job market
He has always said it's a great place to start.......cost of living being the most important factor he highlighted when we had the discussion. My caveat is I've never visited Canada so my information is purely second hand. I'm personally eyeing Saskatchewan.......still waiting to get a nomination for them otherwise I just have to wait for the scores to be lowered!

Corey26

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
For now consider IRCC is a machine that just knows what score to filter.
So my friend if you did get 0.5 do re-try IELTS asap before the next draw happens coz you know you can do better.
I was in the same situation but improved my score by a re-try.
Stay positive !!
Many thanks bro for being considerate!! Yes I'm doing literally what you have suggested me. Retaking the IELTS all over again and it sounds very straightforward test to me now... wish me a good luck and our next journey would be "Canada" see you there:)

Reactions: prseeker2017

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017