+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 65th draw

jlgco

May 23, 2017
Please check the data provided by CIC as of May 19 - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp
As 415 was the CRS cut off for the May 17th draw, nobody existed above 421 on May 17, but on May 19 (2 days after the draw), there are 347 people with CRS 421 and above. That is an average of 170+ folks getting added per day with 421 CRS and above!

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool as of May 19, 2017

CRS Score Range Number of Candidates
601-1200
451-600 136
441-450 51
431-440 59
421-430 51
I don't think this is something we should be worried about as long as Canada invites 3500+ every (2-week) draw. Based on the report trends from April 13 , I estimated around 2000+ new profiles every 2 weeks above 400 CRS. Being at the 390 range, I am still positive that the extra 1,500 ITAs per draw will scoop us out (in the 390 levels) soon enough! RAY OF HOPE - with 7000+ ITAs up for grabs in a month, even with 4000+ new profiles getting instant ITAs, that would still be an additional 3000+ ITAs for the oldies!

Anyway, anyone who can remind us about the 2017 immigration targets and how it works please?

Reactions: Sudhar25

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I dint understand the latest draw ..may 26 saw 775 points as cut off and only 400 invites were sent...dint understand this part... what was this...i dont see scores going down below 415 now
That was for PNP only. They have more than 600+ points because of the nomination score

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Y
That is for other category. expect regular draw from next Wednesday. :)
thanks ..it was a relief...and i have one more question if any one can help if oinp sends noi to people say5000 so do they nominate all 5000 then or its subject to the application intake limit? And i have seen people here saying that once you receive noi we have 6 mths to apply but in faq section of oinp updates i saw post receiving NOI we only have 45 days to submit application?

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
In that case, get an Affidavit that states that your last name is omitted in your documents, and submit it as LoE while filing your APR post ITA.
Thanks!!

Thats one way... however I just found another way too...

Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

Source - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2

Just sharing in case someone needs it in future... :)

Reactions: TEJAS2 and xibalban
X

xibalban

Thanks!!

Thats one way... however I just found another way too...

Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

Source - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2

Just sharing in case someone needs it in future... :)
Good work!! Thanks for sharing, as it will be useful to all other aspirants.

Do you need hardcopy? Can we not download WES evaluation from website and upload to CIC?
Trying to pursue the perfection (at least in the documents that I shall submit to IRCC). Should leave no room for rejection!!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
One of my friend told me that it highly unlikely to have a draw on 31st May, and the next draw will most probably include all categories. He told me that in past it has happened where they have issued invitations to CEC and PNP only but in the next draw things normalised. Also, on these occasions next draws were after 7 and 14 days.

If he is right than we will have next draw in June. I wish Scores to decline in any case.

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I don't know if someone else thinks like this or not, to me, CIC gave a very clear message to all of us with a 199 cut-off draw, that they are not hesitant in dropping the scores below 400 and even further, as long as everyone in the pool fulfills the 67 points criteria (I am talking about the general population, i.e. the FSW; don't know if CEC candidates also have to fulfill this 67 points criteria) unlike many people here on the forum say it will never fall below 400.

After all, all of us will be part of boosting a great Canadian economy and Canada as a country as well, making the country even better, greater, safer and all the good things I can't remember.

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
One of my friend told me that it highly unlikely to have a draw on 31st May, and the next draw will most probably include all categories. He told me that in past it has happened where they have issued invitations to CEC and PNP only but in the next draw things normalised. Also, on these occasions next draws were after 7 and 14 days.

If he is right than we will have next draw in June. I wish Scores to decline in any case.
If he is right, we might see a rise in the score, but it will be temporary and the score will fall back again in the very next draw. Let's hope this doesn't happen and the draw is conducted as expected on 31st of May.

X

xibalban

Guys, beware, be cautious!! Where's the Ray headed? Toward 31st now, so please don't refract the ray, our Ray of Hope :)

Reactions: andieangel

sahil.2301

Apr 24, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
I also have the same issue and it took the system 3 days to process the new information. So I would wait for a couple of days. I know it's nerve-racking
Thank u. It finally got updated.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if someone else thinks like this or not, to me, CIC gave a very clear message to all of us with a 199 cut-off draw, that they are not hesitant in dropping the scores below 400 and even further, as long as everyone in the pool fulfills the 67 points criteria (I am talking about the general population, i.e. the FSW; don't know if CEC candidates also have to fulfill this 67 points criteria) unlike many people here on the forum say it will never fall below 400.

After all, all of us will be part of boosting a great Canadian economy and Canada as a country as well, making the country even better, greater, safer and all the good things I can't remember.
199 points draw is an exception, to give opportunity to those in skills like plumbing etc which are needed in Canada but those people don't have high CRS considering education & language proficiency.

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
199 points draw is an exception, to give opportunity to those in skills like plumbing etc which are needed in Canada but those people don't have high CRS considering education & language proficiency.
I do not consider it as an exception, it would have been an exception if it was out of the blue. This was a legitimate, planned draw conducted by CIC, though targetted just for FSTC candidates, CRS falling down, is the major point in here.