+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 65th draw

Live life

May 6, 2017
Oinp e filing portal is not allowing submission of profile due to high volumes. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Hi - I have a quick question.
Do primary applicant should be working/in job?

My spouse is Primary Applicant and having 5 years and 11 months of experience. But she is not working presently. Please advise.

Is there anyone received ITA as primary applicant without being in job?

Many Thanks
I am not aware of any requirement such this. And, yes, I have a friend that received a ITA without being working, the only requirement to receive a ITA is to have the minimum points for the draw (profile active, obviously).

Reactions: rthoguluva

Live life

May 6, 2017
Guys,
I got an email from my lawyer saying I got NOI from Ontario. I am so so so excited :) Though I will wait for few more draws to see where the trend goes with the score before even considering applying for it still it's good to have a back-up. I really hope we have a draw on the 31st and the score drops to 400 at least :)
When did you receive the noi?

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
I intend to sort of "hard-reset" my life after I make it to Canada. I've a degree in Electrical Engineering (just like you) with 8 years of Government Job experience, yet I would like to start from scratch. What are my options? I was thinking I'd enroll into the electrician trades internship programme, and move up the rungs. I don't mind working odd jobs, rather I'm looking forward to the hard work!! Hardships would make my life worthwhile, and I'd have a lot of stories to narrate to my grandchildren later on!!
It is funny you talk about grandchildren. I have met a daughter of immigrants (she was born in Ottawa) from my country, and she was just some years younger than me, her parents immigrated a long long time ago. And her father was also a Electrical Engineering from the same University as mine (but, he had been there long before I was born). She said her parents had big difficulties at the time of immigration because the economy was very bad, and it was impossible to get a job even for Canadians. So, they had a hard time even trying to get food, but everything turns up good. So, she told the story of her parents in Canada.... Just hope your grandchildren have more happy beginnings to hear. Lol

Back to jobs... I had change my focus to Software development some years ago, so I never worked as a Electrical Eng. but I have heard stories about some of us that took a course to get a licence and are working as electricians, and making tons of money because services here are really expensive. Maybe this could be an option for you since you are not afraid of hard work.

Reactions: xibalban

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Guys.. everyone is sayin that I could claim points for a canadian degree that was completed but not awarded yet (waiting convocation)...

How could this be possible and what are the choices to make when filling the questions..

Should I say in good standing and when asked if a canadian degree was awarded I should say yes to claim the damn 30 points???? It really doesnt make any sense!
I have made it myself after receiving my letter of graduation and final transcript. I believe that's ok for 2 reasons:
1. my International Adviser at college said it was ok since I have this 2 docs in my hand.
2. these are the requirements to apply for a PGWP.

PS: my convocation will be next week only

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Do you think for IT jobs its better to avoid toronto and Mississauga since big cities and lots of competition? How is Waterloo?
Hard to answer that because Toronto has a lot of competition because it has a lot of openings. But I'd say as far as is the opening from Downtown less competition. I can't explain why people want to work in Downtown, it is crowed and messy. Personally, I prefer Mississauga.
To sum up, I have not heard of anyone moving from Toronto to Waterloo looking for jobs.

X

xibalban

To sum up, I have not heard of anyone moving from Toronto to Waterloo looking for jobs.
I see Canada has a lot of historic cities, Waterloo where Napoleon lost his battle, British, and Columbia, Victoria, Sidney (the spelling is right), Delhi, etc.

Reactions: nilanjana