+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 62nd Draw

elahe18kh65

May 11, 2017
I stood at 410 but 2 days ago I lost 5 scores because of my birthday:(:(:(:(
do you think it is better to try for another IELTS or keep hope for next draws?

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
How good is a CRS of 440 to have? I am in the process of sending documents to WES right now so by the time I submit the EOI it will be July. So a score of 440 in July what do you guys think?

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
How good is a CRS of 440 to have? I am in the process of sending documents to WES right now so by the time I submit the EOI it will be July. So a score of 440 in July what do you guys think?
Good enough. Best of luck :)

Reactions: dipantika

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
I stood at 410 but 2 days ago I lost 5 scores because of my birthday:(:(:(:(
do you think it is better to try for another IELTS or keep hope for next draws?
I think you should wait for couple of draws. I am hopeful that you could get ITA in June with CRS 405.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
i am at 420 and don't know why but I am feeling negative. A draw should happen this week itself so that the downward trend (except two hiccups) continues and all aspirants above 380 should get ITA.
I second it. I am at 419 and I don't know my hopes are diminishing too. I don't think now cut off gonna come down to 420-.
AFAIK, cut off is going to sustain or increase from here. Considering June 6 changes, it will be all uphill from here.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Guys, if CIC keeps drawing 3600+ invitations, CRS will significantly drops week by week, and we might see 400 CRS would be invited in 3-4 months or even earlier who knows. May everyone get an ITA )))

Reactions: xyris87

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
I second it. I am at 419 and I don't know my hopes are diminishing too. I don't think now cut off gonna come down to 420-.
AFAIK, cut off is going to sustain or increase from here. Considering June 6 changes, it will be all uphill from here.
Do not worry about it, even if the changes will apply in June 6, then it might take 4-5 draws to get back to the around of 400-420 CRS, so you still get an invitation )))

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Perfect that would be, by that time you could get an ITA )))

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
What are the chances that CRS will touch 400 mark ? If yes, by when ?
I guess that could happen until June 6 if draw comes out weekly basis, but after June 6 that could take 4-5 draws to get back to the 400 CRS )) Only God and CIC know better.

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
with 419 score, hope you'd get an ITA in the next draw itself... the CRS would drop eventually, the last draw was a bit surprising as an expected amount of people entered/re-entered the pool with high scores > 423 and <450. I believe there were a lot of people in that range who rejected the ITA because of wrong info in their profile. Moreover, there seem to be less people in > 423 range. I believe the CRS would drop to 400-405 by the end of June if CIC keeps inviting 3600+ applicants, and in every two weeks of interval.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Guys, I have 2 queries. Need your honest input on both.

First:
In the last 60+ draw, this has happened for the first time that CRS went as far as 415. Earlier it remained in the range of 440-450+.
Any particular reason behind it?
I know the logical reason is that there weren't many people in the 450+ range but is this just a coincidence that less people applied/more people rejected or some specific reason behind it?
Furthermore: Are we expecting to see any increase in the cut off in the coming months?
I assume if CIC keeps on calling 3-3.5k candidate each draw, with 2 draws a month, chances are cut off might drop a bit in future.
But how many draw months for the current year are remaining and how much quota is left?

Second:
I have seen in the CRS tool that certain points are awarded for the second language. Considering general case, if first language is English then obvious choice of second language is French thus TEF results.
Now I can see that CIC already award certain points to the TEF qualified applicant.
Now I also heard that June 6 changes will also incorporate benefit for french speaking population. How exactly?
If CIC is already awarding points for TEF then what more benefits are we looking here?

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Alright people.. it is time for a time goddamn out! Since last week I am seeing so many negative comments by "EXPERTS", saying that CRS is never going to fall below 415 or 400. I have received few private messages from people, sitting above 400 feeling devasted by such comments as they are letting their hope go.
This thread is "Ray of Hope", remember? I am not being idealistic here... truth be told, I have a realistic approach but it looks like everyone is avoiding to see the bigger picture.

I am just considering FSW here and taking it as a whole (not considering 2.1 shite) since other streams will also eventually be included in the pool and will receive ITA or are already in the pool waiting for their turn just like us.

Till the 61st draw, a total of 39,789 ITAs is issued. 73,000 - 39,789 = 33,911 ITAs to be issued (at least). So what on earth for most of you, if not all are so disappointed and feeling low to the ground. The number of people in the pool is decreasing gradually. New one's joining in doesn't matter as long as total number keeps on falling.

Secondly, those who are worried about the June changes, I am saying it all again, People with siblings and above 400 will most probably will already be through before the changes come into effect, however, even if they are there or join in later, they will fall at 415 and will be out in very next draw. Similarly, people below 400 receiving additional points will fall in early 400 (less than 410) and will be out in the next couple of draws (only if there is an abundant amount i.e. 6K or so candidates, otherwise just one draw is enough to handle them). The number of ITAs issued each draw, is pretty obvious, will remain high for the rest of the year (circling around 3.2-3.5K ITAs per draw)

The situation is pretty cool and in very good shape, why you all are so worried? Losing points because of age, also doesn't matter. The most you can lose is 5 points and then you can stay there for another year, meanwhile, it is pretty clear to me, you will be through anyway before your next birthday. Cheer up goddamnit!

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Guys, I have 2 queries. Need your honest input on both.

First:
In the last 60+ draw, this has happened for the first time that CRS went as far as 415. Earlier it remained in the range of 440-450+.
Any particular reason behind it?
I know the logical reason is that there weren't many people in the 450+ range but is this just a coincidence that less people applied/more people rejected or some specific reason behind it?
Furthermore: Are we expecting to see any increase in the cut off in the coming months?
I assume if CIC keeps on calling 3-3.5k candidate each draw, with 2 draws a month, chances are cut off might drop a bit in future.
But how many draw months for the current year are remaining and how much quota is left?

Second:
I have seen in the CRS tool that certain points are awarded for the second language. Considering general case, if first language is English then obvious choice of second language is French thus TEF results.
Now I can see that CIC already award certain points to the TEF qualified applicant.
Now I also heard that June 6 changes will also incorporate benefit for french speaking population. How exactly?
If CIC is already awarding points for TEF then what more benefits are we looking here?
First: for the last 60+ draws the CRS dropped below 450 in this year only. the reason for dropping is clearly because of the number of invitations through out all the draws this year. I'm assuming the reason behind this is the backlog, which is cleared. Therefore, CIC is only taking and processing applicants from EE and PNP. The quota is still unclear because I still don't know whether the backlog is included or excluded. I hope the number of invitation would even increase in the next years.

Second: there are certain changes for applicants with siblings in CANADA, as well as, priorities for French language. But I doubt if the score would drop for these reasons, as the number of applicants may not be that much that it would increase the cut-off.

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The region of 411-420 is not that populated. So back to back draw would have again bought scores in low 410's.
But since draw didnt happen yesterday, scores are likely to remain >420 next draw.
Avg num of people joining per day has slowly increased from 228 two months back to 252.
Taking all into account, i see scores at 421 or 422 next wednesday draw or even higher if popularity of canada PR has increased recently as evidenced in the increase.
What we need are back to back draws to bring down the scores.