+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 60th draw

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
comfortablynumb said:
Work experience while pursuing MBA or any other degree is always part-time job. You said you were working 30 hours per week and UK govt policy allowed only 20. You broke a law there and you are showing CIC that you did.

What does your reference letter say?? 20 or 30?? And does it also use the word FULL time??
That is why I am a bit concerned. I was allowed 20 hrs per week and full time during vacation. But on my reference letter it is clearly mentioned I worked 32 hrs per week along with other responsibilities. For now it says full time work but I can get a new one mentioning part time if that would help. So please advise whether to include this experience or not?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckyx27 said:
That is why I am a bit concerned. I was allowed 20 hrs per week and full time during vacation. But on my reference letter it is clearly mentioned I worked 32 hrs per week along with other responsibilities. For now it says full time work but I can get a new one mentioning part time if that would help. So please advise whether to include this experience or not?
dude that looks pretty shady to me, personally i wouldnt even bother with this experience letter... unless you can bring it in proper acceptable format, i would suggest to leave it.

it should ideally say part time, 20 hrs a week... IMHO

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi members who are Post-ITA
I would get to around 430 by weekend(I hope) this weekend with my wife's ielts. I am thinking of ditching my consultant to whom I have already paid 60k.
I am supposed to pay another 60k INR after ITA.
I went with her before I found this forum. I thought the initial 60k i paid were a complete waste of money since i ended up doing most of the things. The only thing she did of any note is filling my EE profile which i then realised takes a grand total of 5 monutes to do.
So my question is, is post ITA process also as easy that I can avoid wasting another 60k?
Is there some thread/link I can look at which details this so I can decide for myself.

psh789

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Confused_oldman said:
I would get to around 430 by weekend(I hope) this weekend with my wife's ielts. I am thinking of ditching my consultant to whom I have already paid 60k.
I am supposed to pay another 60k after ITA.
I went with her before I found this forum. I thought the initial 60k i paid were a complete waste of money since i ended up doing most of the things. The only thing she did of any note is filling my EE profile which i then realised takes a grand total of 5 monutes to do.
So my question is, is post ITA process also as easy that I can avoid wasting another 60k?
Is there some thread/link I can look at which details this so I can decide for myself.

I am in the same situation as you. However I am charged only initial 60k and nothing after ITA. Although the agent doesnt know more than half of the process and I learn it from this forum.

But make sure that if you ditch your agent who is having the access to your EE profile may screw it and you will be at big loss

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Confused_oldman said:
Post ITA process is mostly gathering all the documents and arranging them for submission. Even with your consultant, you will be the one doing most of the work in the document collection process. Your consultant will not help you in any way. They will just give you directions for what needs to be done.

The process is fairly simple unless you have a complicated case. You can find all the relevant information here in the forum and through various Whatsapp groups. Sometimes you may get conflicting information here and that might frustrate you a bit.

Personally, I don't think you need to waste 60k on a consultant. Many of these so called consultants does not know much about the whole process. In case you plan to get rid of your consultant, make sure they do not have any access to your profile.

Here is a general list of documents required post ITA:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html

Your actual list will vary as per your profile.

Good luck!

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
Post ITA process is mostly gathering all the documents and arranging them for submission. Even with your consultant, you will be the one doing most of the work in the document collection process. Your consultant will not help you in any way. They will just give you directions for what needs to be done.

The process is fairly simple unless you have a complicated case. You can find all the relevant information here in the forum and through various Whatsapp groups. Sometimes you may get conflicting information here and that might frustrate you a bit.

Personally, I don't think you need to waste 60k on a consultant. Many of these so called consultants does not know much about the whole process. In case you plan to get rid of your consultant, make sure they do not have any access to your profile.

Here is a general list of documents required post ITA:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html

Your actual list will vary as per your profile.

Good luck!
I believe my case is quite straight-forward. I have lived in Chennai all my life. I have 9 years of IT experience in 3 different companies. Current company i have for close to 6 years.
After looking at the cic link, my main concerns would current employer reference letter and pcc.
- I do not think getting reference letter from current employer is going to be easy. Even if i do, the relationship with my manager could sour for the next 6 months and then if i dont get the PR, it would be quite bad. Can i just submit all official appraisal and evaluation reports which discuss my work in quite a bit of detail.
- For pcc, i got my previous passport 2 and half years back. I changed address within same city(4-5km far) but comes under different police station. Current address is not updated in passport. Would it be a problem or atleast take more time/cost?

I dont think my consultant would be able to help/ease in either of these, anyway.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Confused_oldman said:
I believe my case is quite straight-forward. I have lived in Chennai all my life. I have 9 years of IT experience in 3 different companies. Current company i have for close to 6 years.
After looking at the cic link, my main concerns would current employer reference letter and pcc.
- I do not think getting reference letter from current employer is going to be easy. Even if i do, the relationship with my manager could sour for the next 6 months and then if i dont get the PR, it would be quite bad. Can i just submit all official appraisal and evaluation reports which discuss my work in quite a bit of detail.
- For pcc, i got my previous passport 2 and half years back. I changed address within same city(4-5km far) but comes under different police station. Current address is not updated in passport. Would it be a problem or atleast take more time/cost?
- Reference letter is compulsory. Appraisal letters and Evaluation report can be used as supporting documents. You can go through this thread for more information.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t397796.0.html

- That should be fine. If you have lived in the same city, you will not have any issued while getting a PCC. You can get it from local SP/Commissioner's office or through PSK. The process at PSK is pretty simple. You apply online, submit docs, police will do verification and you get the report within a week or two.

ayshilal

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you think there is a chance for scores to drop till 400 ? end of May maybe?

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Maverick28 said:
Did you transmit your update and then click Next and then type your name as a signature confirmation? If not, do that.
Thanks Maverick28!

I have done that now. Hopefully I will be in for the next draw if it happens tomorrow.

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
santosh3086 said:
I have updated the details to Science, Applied. :)

Now, when I login, under "View my submitted applications or profiles, I have my details about my Application Number and Type. Here's how it shows for me:

Application number: XXXXXXXXX
Application type: Express Entry
Applicant's name: XXXX
Date submitted: XXXX
Details: Update Not Submitted
Action: "Check status and messages" / "Withdraw Profile

So, my questions is, what does "Details: Update Not Submitted" mean? Why does it show like that?

I saw this even before I updated the details to Science, Applied. Is this normal?
Maverick28 said:
Did you transmit your update and then click Next and then type your name as a signature confirmation? If not, do that.
santosh3086 said:
Thanks Maverick28!

I have done that now. Hopefully I will be in for the next draw if it happens tomorrow.
That was quick. Details now says "Submitted". When I view the submitted application, it says Transmitted for everything.

Also, the Application/Profile Details says the following:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you

Province/territory of nomination: We have not received a nomination by a province or territory at this time. We will send you a message if you are nominated.

Job Bank registration: Your Job Bank registration has been accepted. Check your messages below for details.

Minimum entry criteria: You meet the minimum entry criteria.

Have I been invited to apply?: You do not have an invitation to apply at this time.

Review of additional documents: Not applicable.

Looks like I am good for the next draw. Can someone please confirm this for me?

rajnsk

Feb 25, 2017
DOHA (QATAR)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Confused_oldman said:

I too got to learn a many things here!
I too thought of taking the charge myself.
But not to forget, getting the ITA is just a testing start, the real things are yet to come.
The consultants might not be good for anything, but that's their job and they surely know better than us.
Plus, for the ones working, its not easy to follow-up on things.
My suggestion: Yes. We have wasted a chunk of hard-earned money. But the later part of payment is worth making!

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Confused_oldman said:

I dont think my consultant would be able to help/ease in either of these, anyway.
Even I thought that getting Reference Letter from the current Employer would not be a good thing to do at this point. However, i still went ahead and spoke to my Manager. He was cool about it and helped me with the reference letter. For current job, you should have a reference letter which is not older than 6 months. So, in my case, I will have to get another copy with the latest date.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
santosh3086 said:
That was quick. Details now says "Submitted". When I view the submitted application, it says Transmitted for everything.

Also, the Application/Profile Details says the following:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you

Province/territory of nomination: We have not received a nomination by a province or territory at this time. We will send you a message if you are nominated.

Job Bank registration: Your Job Bank registration has been accepted. Check your messages below for details.

Minimum entry criteria: You meet the minimum entry criteria.

Have I been invited to apply?: You do not have an invitation to apply at this time.

Review of additional documents: Not applicable.

Looks like I am good for the next draw. Can someone please confirm this for me?
You are good to go.

Good luck!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajnsk said:
I too got to learn a many things here!
I too thought of taking the charge myself.
But not to forget, getting the ITA is just a testing start, the real things are yet to come.
The consultants might not be good for anything, but that's their job and they surely know better than us.
Plus, for the ones working, its not easy to follow-up on things.
My suggestion: Yes. We have wasted a chunk of hard-earned money. But the later part of payment is worth making!
what consultancy do you work for ?? :)

ignore the person above, it looks like a spammer slash consultant to me.

post ITA process is extremely straightforward, the only thing your consultant will do well is count the cash you leave with him/her.