+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 60th draw

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Malukushal said:
Hello guys!

I have a question. My husband has Canadian PR and he is currently in Canada. Will I get points for spouse WES and IELTS for express entry score?
This will answer your queries:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/should-canadian-spouse-to-be-included-in-application-t276380.30.html

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
thestunner316 said:
who said you wont get points for spouse's WES and IELTS ?? you will get points for both, and you should add it...
what you dont get points for however is spouses work experience.

in your case - i would just pick whoever is youngest (if both are aged above 30) to get max points... (thats if IELTS score for both is the same)

and you really should go about this business yourself - consultants will charge you an arm and a leg for nothing... EE is the easiest immg tool i have used, you can easily get things done yourself.

if your score is <430, chances are you will get ITA very soon...

good luck
The OP mentioned that the spouse has Canadian PR and is in Canada. I don't think WES ECA and IELTS score will affect the points.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
The OP mentioned that the spouse has Canadian PR and is in Canada. I don't think WES ECA and IELTS score will affect the points.
you are right, only problem is i was answering someone else's query :) :)

Malukushal

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Guys,

I am so confused. Please clarify if I will get the points for my spouse WES and IELTS or not . Please note that my husband is a Canadian PR and he is currently in Canada.

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP!!!!

Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Malukushal said:
Guys,

I am so confused. Please clarify if I will get the points for my spouse WES and IELTS or not . Please note that my husband is a Canadian PR and he is currently in Canada.

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP!!!!

Thanks
No you will not get points for your spouse WES and IELTS.

I posted a link for you above. Go through it.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Malukushal said:
Guys,

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP!!!!

Thanks
in your case, no

Pragi

Apr 16, 2017
Minimum Points required for Express Entry Canada

I have got around 410 points....is it ok for invitation for express entry....will i get pr visa for this points.....i m so confused with these points

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Malukushal said:
Guys,

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP!!!!

Thanks
Can i ask why r you trying to go through Express entry. Wont you husband be able to apply to sponsor you since he has a PR?

Malukushal

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
I am from Pakistan and spouse immigration takes 24 months :( Secondly, I am eligible enough to apply for EE , so why not to apply myself for PR :p

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Minimum Points required for Express Entry Canada

Pragi said:
I have got around 410 points....is it ok for invitation for express entry....will i get pr visa for this points.....i m so confused with these points
If you can improve the points, try by all means. Else, you can just wait like the rest of us. Seeing the current level is 423, 410 is quite possible, but you never know.
Btw, you dont get PR visa, directly, all you get is an invitation to apply in the draw. After that is a ~6 month process, before you get PR.

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
I have a query and need your expert advice. My name on my Passport and my degree certificates match and is in the following order:

First Name + Middle Name + Father's Name + Surname

However, at work the format is First Name + Middle Name + Surname. This is what reflects on my Reference Letters, Payslips and offer letters.

Questions:
1. Will my Father's Name in my Passport & degree certificate; create a problem because it is not mentioned on my work related letters?

2. If it is a problem, then how can this be corrected?

Thanks in advance!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santosh3086 said:
I have a query and need your expert advice. My name on my Passport and my degree certificates match and is in the following order:

First Name + Middle Name + Father's Name + Surname

However, at work the format is First Name + Middle Name + Surname. This is what reflects on my Reference Letters, Payslips and offer letters.

Questions:
1. Will my Father's Name in my Passport & degree certificate; create a problem because it is not mentioned on my work related letters?

2. If it is a problem, then how can this be corrected?

Thanks in advance!
you have 4 names my friend :) i'm sure it wont be a problem...

as long as names on passport and degree are correct, just use those names in exact order when you enter your information in the EE profile.

for work related things thats fine - just write an LoE to explain, but i'm 100% sure it wont be a problem...

problem might have been if you had a different name on passport vs work experience... but your case if i understood correctly should be 100% good to go

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
One more question:
I have done B.E. in Industrial Engineering & Management. Not working in the same field though. I am working as a Technical Support Engineer.

So, in my EE Profile under "Study and languages", I have selected Computing/Information Technology. I could not find anything else that is close enough. Will this cause any issues? Should I change it to something else like "Other"?

The following are the options that I can see:

- Arts, General (Humanities/Social Sciences)
- Arts, Fine/Visual/Performing
- Business Commerce
- Computing/Information Technology
- English or French as Second Language
- Flight Training
- Hospitality/Tourism
- Law
- Medicine
- Science, Applied
- Sciences, General
- Sciences, Health
- Trades/Vocational