28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
limestone said:
But in terms of diversity and acceptance of immigrants, EU countries are behind Canada. There are few European countries that are as good.
Language will be a barrier across Europe. If you are bilingual in Canada, you will have an advantage in France

limestone

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pacificislander said:
I can compare my country to a an excellent computer hardware with a bad OS.
Wow! that's a perfect comparison, it fits my country too. And perhaps many others.

But you can utilize the hardware as good as your software permits, hence the decision to move Canada.

Well in my case, try at least...

sreeharsha1988

Mar 14, 2017
pacificislander said:
I think immigrating is a choice and the decision depends on the person's goals. We are all aiming to live in Canada for different reasons the same way many people decided to live in our home countries. In my opinion my home country is a great place to live in however many things are better in Canada. I can compare my country to a an excellent computer hardware with a bad OS.
Like alienware laptop running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. ;D

salral

Mar 17, 2016
elzsb said:
Nicee..you should get the ITA this time then. No not in the pool yet...waiting for my ECA, taking wayyy too long..had submitted all my transcripts to WES second week of Feb and it is still under evaluation. :(
I submitted my docs in the first week of Feb and got ECA report yesterday so keep your fingers crossed :)

ajaysharma

Feb 22, 2017
nlhugh said:
Hi what do you mean by "open"?
Shouldn't it be something like this:

Application/profile details
Application status
Application/profile details Where is this application? Details

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Job Bank registration Your Job Bank registration has been accepted. Check your messages below for details.

Minimum entry criteria You meet the minimum entry criteria.

Have I been invited to apply? You do not have an invitation to apply at this time.
Until earlier this month or so, the activated profile status used to show as "Open". I think they made some system update and now instead of Open it says, "We received your application...". It is the same thing. So all the best.

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
salral said:
I submitted my docs in the first week of Feb and got ECA report yesterday so keep your fingers crossed :)
Thats great news!!!you have definitely given me a ray of hope ;D. So have you entered the pool?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
limestone said:
But in terms of diversity and acceptance of immigrants, EU countries are behind Canada. There are few European countries that are as good.
So look, that is not true. Only if you have very very very unreasonable requirements.

1. as for any country, in order to be able to integrate in new country, you need to learn language in that country.
2. do not await that from the start, you will have super job and high salary. (that does not work in Canada as well)
3. learn about local customs. (for example. do not mix Austrians with Germans, Slovaks with Slovene, Czechia with Tchechenia....)

4. When it comes to social security safety, level of health care, most European countries are either on par or better off than Canada. (you have protection when you are pregnant, maternity leave for both parents, unemployement support, social support, support for children, free or very affordable education including secondary and university level, health insurance and from it very decent health care, retirement Money, social assisstance, recycling, building of decent infrastructure....)

And I am not talking here only about Germany and Sweeden. Take any of EU countries and they have their own very decent systems. Just so you know, in order to enter EU, you need to fullfill several criteria, which is also about laws, freedom, support of your citizens and such.

What is noticably higher in most Europe countries are taxes of course, on the other hand you will also get a lot in return.

What is certainly much worse is the immigration organisation.
EU does not have such rather transparent economic immigration program and quotas. But then again it is up to every country to decide if they want to accept higher amount of economical immigration or not.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
vensak said:
So look, that is not true. Only if you have very very very unreasonable requirements.

1. as for any country, in order to be able to integrate in new country, you need to learn language in that country.
2. do not await that from the start, you will have super job and high salary. (that does not work in Canada as well)
3. learn about local customs. (for example. do not mix Austrians with Germans, Slovaks with Slovene, Czechia with Tchechenia....)

4. When it comes to social security safety, level of health care, most European countries are either on par or better off than Canada. (you have protection when you are pregnant, maternity leave for both parents, unemployement support, social support, support for children, free or very affordable education including secondary and university level, health insurance and from it very decent health care, retirement Money, social assisstance, recycling, building of decent infrastructure....)

And I am not talking here only about Germany and Sweeden. Take any of EU countries and they have their own very decent systems. Just so you know, in order to enter EU, you need to fullfill several criteria, which is also about laws, freedom, support of your citizens and such.

What is noticably higher in most Europe countries are taxes of course, on the other hand you will also get a lot in return.

What is certainly much worse is the immigration organisation.
EU does not have such rather transparent economic immigration program and quotas. But then again it is up to every country to decide if they want to accept higher amount of economical immigration or not.
The EU is messed up cos of free movement. Everyone is everywhere

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
That is same like saying:
Canada is messed up because of free movement between provinces or USA because of free movement between states.

Yes, the difference is that technically the later mentioned are countries, while EU is still group of countries (no United States of Europe).
However advantages of free common market and movement are imminent.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
vensak said:
That is same like saying:
Canada is messed up because of free movement between provinces or USA because of free movement between states.

Yes, the difference is that technically the later mentioned are countries, while EU is still group of countries (no United States of Europe).
However advantages of free common market and movement are imminent.
You can't compare 2 countries with a bloc of 28 countries having extremely weak currencies and extremely strong currencies. EU has 4 freedoms of movement - capital, goods, services and people. USA and Canada don't have that much or mobility.

sreeharsha1988

Mar 14, 2017
xpressentry said:
If you are living in UK. Then I personally feel that their plan to curtail immigration was good but their choice of immigration programs to curtail were bad. They made it extreamly difficult for skilled people from outside EU to find jobs in the country but they did very less or nothing to stop non eu immigrants from settling down illeagly and unskilled jobs they took up.

Other countries are trying their best to retain those who did higher education in their country but UK choose the other way. Leave alone unskilled people and make it hard for a skilled migrant to live in. This made the country least preferrable for immigration long time before brexit.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
sreeharsha1988 said:
If you are living in UK. Then I personally feel that their plan to curtail immigration was good but their choice of immigration programs to curtail were bad. They made it extreamly difficult for skilled people from outside EU to find jobs in the country but they did very less or nothing to stop non eu immigrants from settling down illeagly and unskilled jobs they took up.

Other countries are trying their best to retain those who did higher education in their country but UK choose the other way. Leave alone unskilled people and make it hard for a skilled migrant to live in. This made the country least preferrable for immigration long time before brexit.
I am a non EU person in the U.K., I have spent so much of money on visas that I have decided to not put anymore. For £2000, I can get PR in Canada without setting foot in Canada but for £2000, I will get a 3 year visa in the UK. UK has been very hard to skilled non EU people but lenient with allowing everyone from the EU without any questions. I am all for immigration within limits but not uncontrolled. My British education and work experience will be Britains loss and Canadas gain. Theresa Mays strict policies will come back to bite her when everyone leaves and her own citizens will refuse to work and live on benefits.

sreeharsha1988

Mar 14, 2017
xpressentry said:
I am a non EU person in the U.K., I have spent so much of money on visas that I have decided to not put anymore. For £2000, I can get PR in Canada but for £2000, I will get a 3 year visa in the UK.
I can understand what you are going through in that country. I did my MSc there and passed out in 2012 just before they started the reforms. I could get my psw but no company was willing to take me in without experience and the fact that my visa would expire in 2 yrs and they cannot afford to sponcer me.

I did not want to opt the route of sponcership as it is costly and eventually left with more than a year of validity on my visa.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
You can't compare 2 countries with a bloc of 28 countries having extremely weak currencies and extremely strong currencies. EU has 4 freedoms of movement - capital, goods, services and people. USA and Canada don't have that much or mobility.
Heh,
I was not comparing NAFTA and EU. I was comparing USA as such and EU and Canada as such and EU.

Just so you know, part of the acceptation criteria for EU is also commitment to change to Euro in the future.
The history there is obviously different and there was rather long period of mistrust and wars, so the common integration is done step by step.

Most of EU country already hold their currencies against EURO within certain limits. So in reality currencies even of smaller countries within EU are rather stable.
EURO is not a week and unsable currency (when speaking about one of top 5 world currencies, and no CAD is not in that basket).

If you want to compare the difference of economical shock on country, you can try to compare Hungary and Iceland.

One having EU as a support and back up, and thus market have recovered and the country is still attractive for investments.
other having nothing to support and as an end effect ended with highly regulation on their own currency and with rather long road of recovery.

But back to ray of hope and not to use it for different discussion.
My estimation is that score might go up in the next draw. But it will also depend on the size of the draw as well.

What is more worrying is the statistics. It seems like, they are counting with 40%+ of failed ITA (declined, expired, or application rejected). In order to have better idea about average success rate, some decent statistics would be needed from year 2016.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
vensak said:
Heh,
I was not comparing NAFTA and EU. I was comparing USA as such and EU and Canada as such and EU.

Just so you know, part of the acceptation criteria for EU is also commitment to change to Euro in the future.
The history there is obviously different and there was rather long period of mistrust and wars, so the common integration is done step by step.

Most of EU country already hold their currencies against EURO within certain limits. So in reality currencies even of smaller countries within EU are rather stable.
EURO is not a week and unsable currency (when speaking about one of top 5 world currencies, and no CAD is not in that basket).

If you want to compare the difference of economical shock on country, you can try to compare Hungary and Iceland.

One having EU as a support and back up, and thus market have recovered and the country is still attractive for investments.
other having nothing to support and as an end effect ended with highly regulation on their own currency and with rather long road of recovery.

But back to ray of hope and not to use it for different discussion.
My estimation is that score might go up in the next draw. But it will also depend on the size of the draw as well.

What is more worrying is the statistics. It seems like, they are counting with 40%+ of failed ITA (declined, expired, or application rejected). In order to have better idea about average success rate, some decent statistics would be needed from year 2016.
The ones with the weak currency in the EU are the Central and Eastern European ones that have not adopted the Euro.