28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
sreeharsha1988 said:
ITA. I have my references ready. Will apply for PC and health as soon as I get my ITA.

Since you are from UK. Can you tell me how much time it takes for my police clerance.
Got it in a week since I live in the UK. International postage takes longer. I started IELTS in October, WES and PCCs in November, chasing employers for reference letters in December. I got my IELTS score in February, PCCs in November, reference letters in January, WES last week, entered the pool over the weekend. I have booked medical next week. I have scanned all my documents, converted them into PDF and merged them into documents of less than 4MB. I have made an excel sheet of my travel history, work history and personal history. Only thing left is medical, bank statement and the much coveted ITA. I have booked medical next week and I aim to submit my eAPR at the end of this month.

hawk1301

Mar 20, 2017
@xpressentry

I need your help in document preparation because I am expecting I will get an ITA at 432 and then the most frustrating part will be the next 3 months. Would you be willing to guide me?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Travel history, every stamp in the passport? :eek:

anirr

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
guys im so nervous, i just checked last years draws. There was once 3 weeks gap after Sept 21 until Oct 12, 2016. In this draw on Oct 12, 2016 one point increased from the previous draw. This time its again a 3 weeks gap, I am @433, so damn anxious about this draw. Dont know what god has for me in store this time!! :-[

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
hawk1301 said:
@xpressentry

I need your help in document preparation because I am expecting I will get an ITA at 432 and then the most frustrating part will be the next 3 months. Would you be willing to guide me?
Sure. you can message or post.

sreeharsha1988

Mar 14, 2017
hawk1301 said:
How did you manage to get reference letters? I am not able to decide on how to go about that. I think that's the toughest part for me . Can help?
You have to speak your HR. Since I work in a startup company everyone including the CEO are so closely connected.

Some begging, convencing them that I would not leave for a considerable time did for me. The problem is that the format of experience letters that cic require is way different from what the corporates normally issue.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
hawk1301 said:
How did you manage to get reference letters? I am not able to decide on how to go about that. I think that's the toughest part for me . Can help?
My previous employers did make me run around since I did not leave on good terms. I didnt want my current employer to know about my plans to go to Canada. I told them that I needed it for investment purposes to confirm my employment dates, duties, hours and pay.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
xpressentry said:
My previous employers did make me run around since I did not leave on good terms. I didnt want my current employer to know about my plans to go to Canada. I told them that I needed it for investment purposes to confirm my employment dates, duties, hours and pay.
TBH, this is about the only part about the documentation that actually got me pretty mad. :mad:

I was thankful that in my case both my employers past and present complied, but telling your current employer the real reason why you need this paperwork is like commiting career seppuku. It's just a signal to them, without context, that "Hey, this guy is likely to not be with the company for very long, so let's not really bother advancing his career or anything for the next few months because why bother paying that extra money?". Then you need to brace for being looked over for promotions, possibly go through shitty appraisals or minor to little salary increments, because what's the point?

For your past employers, especially if you didn't leave on good terms, it's agonizing to go through their hoops again or worse, deal with a new, indifferent HR management that doesn't care about your requirements if it doesn't line up with current HR policy. I have an in real life friend who I got to know of through the consultancy I spoke with. He got a ridiculous amount of run-around from his ex-employer, which is a large Indian IT corporation. The bureaucratic crap he had to wade through would give an Indian Government office a run for their money. At one point, he seriously considered not applying because they simply wouldn't give him the letter and worse, they were not even willing to co-operate to do anything. He somehow managed to cross these hurdles, but getting the updates from him wasn't pretty. His current job actually ended up letting him go last month just about 4 months after he got the letter because "clearly, the company and him were on different paths, which was unfortunate". :(

Everything else was pretty straightforward with the Canadian system and I like and respect that - the Credential Assessment, the English fluency test, etc. But the whole "ask your current and past employers for a specific letter that we want written in this specific way, covering everything in the known universe about your job because we do not want to have to process or authenticate your applications individually" is a bit annoying.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
siddharthbala said:
TBH, this is about the only part about the documentation that actually got me pretty mad. :mad:

I was thankful that in my case both my employers past and present complied, but telling your current employer the real reason why you need this paperwork is like commiting career seppuku. It's just a signal to them, without context, that "Hey, this guy is likely to not be with the company for very long, so let's not really bother advancing his career or anything for the next few months because why bother paying that extra money?". Then you need to brace for being looked over for promotions, possibly go through *censored word* appraisals or minor to little salary increments, because what's the point?

For your past employers, especially if you didn't leave on good terms, it's agonizing to go through their hoops again or worse, deal with a new, indifferent HR management that doesn't care about your requirements if it doesn't line up with current HR policy. I have an in real life friend who I got to know of through the consultancy I spoke with. He got a ridiculous amount of run-around from his ex-employer, which is a large Indian IT corporation. The bureaucratic crap he had to wade through would give an Indian Government office a run for their money. At one point, he seriously considered not applying because they simply wouldn't give him the letter and worse, they were not even willing to co-operate to do anything. He somehow managed to cross these hurdles, but getting the updates from him wasn't pretty. His current job actually ended up letting him go last month just about 4 months after he got the letter because "clearly, the company and him were on different paths, which was unfortunate". :(

Everything else was pretty straightforward with the Canadian system and I like and respect that - the Credential Assessment, the English fluency test, etc. But the whole "ask your current and past employers for a specific letter that we want written in this specific way, covering everything in the known universe about your job because we do not want to have to process or authenticate your applications individually" is a bit annoying.
How do you get that immigration tracker in your signature?

limestone

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
Depends on your definition of a good car and a villa. I will be happy with a Ford or a Toyota. If you want an Aston Martin, Bentley or a Ferrari, you would be thinking in hundreds of $$$$.
I hope I didnt get you wrong:

Aston Martin, Bentley or a Ferrari, you would be thinking in hundreds of $$$$?!? :eek:

You mean renting one per day? ;D Or perhaps you meant (several to hundred) thousands?

A toyota SUV with mileage on it:
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/Venza/Innisfil/Ontario/5_30279138_20150831133136619/?ursrc=fl&showcpo=ShowCPO

Another one with less mileage:
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/Venza/Calgary/Alberta/5_30867268_CT200462112124706/?ursrc=pl&urp=2&urm=8&showcpo=ShowCPO

BR