sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
epressentry said:
I am officially resting my ray of hope for now. Now gym time... that squat rack will take a beating today! Word.

Keep the spirits high people... a draw is round the corner.
Agreed... Eat pray love! But never let hopes fade away 8)

cjsinngh

Nov 27, 2016
Alexios07 said:
Because accepting "Syrian refugees" gain more public karma then us, the foreign workers? I would have gotten an ITA back in August, if the Conservatives are still in power.
Common man have some compassion. I am on same page as you but those Syrian Refugees need asylum more than we need PR. Please be thoughtful, those people lost their loved ones and would have probably killed if they stayed in Syria. I support Liberal's decision on taking refugees in.

seevagan

Mar 11, 2016
cjsinngh said:
Common man have some compassion. I am on same page as you but those Syrian Refugees need asylum more than we need PR. Please be thoughtful, those people lost their loved ones and would have probably killed if they stayed in Syria. I support Liberal's decision on taking refugees in.
Awesome Quote ... Agreed

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
One more hour till I officially lose hope for a draw today :-\.

The last one was really late but damn CIC. Cant keep doing this to us

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
cjsinngh said:
Canada shouldn't be helping anyone if it can't even help itself. :eek:

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caesarpy said:
If there can't be a regular draw today due to the system issues, why don't they just do another PNP only draw? That's at least better than no draw...
True .. at least it could bring down couple of points in the next draw if they are out of the pool now with ITA.

cjsinngh

Nov 27, 2016
thepilot said:
and you shouldn't be telling Canada what to do when you are here on the forum all helpless and on the mercy of Canada :p :p :p :p

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjsinngh said:
Last time I checked, the refugees that Canada brought here already stayed in safe refugee camps in Lebanon and Jordan, and don't tell me that it's a "Canadian thing" because the Conservatives government were not so keen on bringing 25k refugees at once here. I do realize that we should accept Syrian refugees, but not that big of a number. A year later, and the majority of them are still unemployed, some of them are even in waiting list for English classes.

thepilot said:
True.

AtHomeInMontreal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Never
Med's Done....
Done prior to App
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 2011
I came across this thread randomly but have continued reading it because I am impressed by the hope and optimism that nearly everyone involved exhibits.

With that said, there seem to be a few involved that are not as optimistic about their chances to succeed. My message is directed toward you. Hopefully my thoughts will drive optimism and motivate each of you to continue your efforts to come to Canada, no matter what your current scores or short-term outlook may be.

So…

Is the system perfect? No.

Is the system fair? Well, it is a triage system, and such systems are never entirely “fair”. They are based on subjective tests and criteria that may – or may not – identify the most qualified or likely to succeed.

Fortunately, the system rewards personal growth, something you have a great deal of control over. Study the system and identify areas that you can improve upon. It may take time, but don’t let time erode your enthusiasm and goals.

The difference between someone that succeeds and someone that fails is usually quite small. Don’t fall into the belief that you can’t do it; doing so will only lead to a self-fulfilling prophesy and you won’t do it. Keep working diligently!

------

Is the general population of Canada supportive of your efforts to come here? Will you feel welcome? Will you have a real opportunity to succeed?

Canada is a country that was built by immigrants and that has a continuing interest in attracting qualified immigrants to grow. After all, unless you are of Native American heritage, every person that calls Canada home is an immigrant or a relative of an immigrant.

Personally, I live in an area of Toronto that is incredibly diverse when it comes to home countries. When I greet my children in the afternoon as they get off the school bus, I am surrounded by a “United Nations” of sorts – my neighbors are from China, India, Pakistan, Venezuela, various countries of the E.U. and many others. We live and work together in harmony. Our children are friends and we share a strong sense of combined community.

Does discrimination exist? Yes, it does but it is the exception, not the rule. My workplace is similarly diverse and filled with people from around the world. Jobs are offered based on qualification, not upon where someone comes from. [Note: I am now in Toronto; Quebec isn’t quite the same. If you are intending to settle in Quebec I can share my insights after spending many years in Montreal. Feel free to send me a private message.]

There are few places in the world where the above really happens. Canada is one of them and you will find incredible opportunity here. Yes, it is often difficult to become established when one first arrives in Canada and you should expect to continue working very hard to achieve your goals… …but they are achievable.

The essential point is that you are welcome here. The Internet tends to bring out extremist views and statements that may not accurately reflect reality. Indeed, there is a vocal minority of Canadians (and immigrants once they are here!) that oppose immigration but they are a small minority. Ignore them.

Individuals also tend to post negative comments quite quickly and passionately but those that have experienced wonderful things tend to remain silent. That’s human nature.

I wish every one of you the best of luck and hope that you will be in Canada soon!

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
AtHomeInMontreal said:
I came across this thread randomly but have continued reading it because I am impressed by the hope and optimism that nearly everyone involved exhibits.

With that said, there seem to be a few involved that are not as optimistic about their chances to succeed. My message is directed toward you. Hopefully my thoughts will drive optimism and motivate each of you to continue your efforts to come to Canada, no matter what your current scores or short-term outlook may be.

So…

Is the system perfect? No.

Is the system fair? Well, it is a triage system, and such systems are never entirely “fair”. They are based on subjective tests and criteria that may – or may not – identify the most qualified or likely to succeed.

Fortunately, the system rewards personal growth, something you have a great deal of control over. Study the system and identify areas that you can improve upon. It may take time, but don’t let time erode your enthusiasm and goals.

The difference between someone that succeeds and someone that fails is usually quite small. Don’t fall into the belief that you can’t do it; doing so will only lead to a self-fulfilling prophesy and you won’t do it. Keep working diligently!

------

Is the general population of Canada supportive of your efforts to come here? Will you feel welcome? Will you have a real opportunity to succeed?

Canada is a country that was built by immigrants and that has a continuing interest in attracting qualified immigrants to grow. After all, unless you are of Native American heritage, every person that calls Canada home is an immigrant or a relative of an immigrant.

Personally, I live in an area of Toronto that is incredibly diverse when it comes to home countries. When I greet my children in the afternoon as they get off the school bus, I am surrounded by a “United Nations” of sorts – my neighbors are from China, India, Pakistan, Venezuela, various countries of the E.U. and many others. We live and work together in harmony. Our children are friends and we share a strong sense of combined community.

Does discrimination exist? Yes, it does but it is the exception, not the rule. My workplace is similarly diverse and filled with people from around the world. Jobs are offered based on qualification, not upon where someone comes from. [Note: I am now in Toronto; Quebec isn’t quite the same. If you are intending to settle in Quebec I can share my insights after spending many years in Montreal. Feel free to send me a private message.]

There are few places in the world where the above really happens. Canada is one of them and you will find incredible opportunity here. Yes, it is often difficult to become established when one first arrives in Canada and you should expect to continue working very hard to achieve your goals… …but they are achievable.

The essential point is that you are welcome here. The Internet tends to bring out extremist views and statements that may not accurately reflect reality. Indeed, there is a vocal minority of Canadians (and immigrants once they are here!) that oppose immigration but they are a small minority. Ignore them.

Individuals also tend to post negative comments quite quickly and passionately but those that have experienced wonderful things tend to remain silent. That’s human nature.

I wish every one of you the best of luck and hope that you will be in Canada soon!
Here Here!!!