+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - *48th Draw*

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Can we have a universal response for these?
"Do I stand a chance with *any score above 400* "
"Maybe"
Asking in this forum what their chances are, itself does not make any sense, be it 400 or 500. Most people here are applicants and not CIC employees. We just make speculations based on past data and current trends. So can these people. Instead of asking questions straight, people can refer to past data and read through the forums. But it's going to keep coming.. :)

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
yeah i know he has a point... plus IELTS tests arent cheap either...

upto each individual i guess... i mean for me if i want to write a test i can get a date like 3 weeks from now, i know in several countries it takes months to get a booking date... so yeah - catch22 situation...
I am 6 points short of max in IELTS, but i have no plans of taking the test again. I would get a date 2 months from now or I will have to travel to another city to take it sooner (in a few weeks). Its just that I dont feel like going through that experience again... waiting for hours for registration and also not that its a very fun exam to sit for. But, its just me. ;D

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
vabs200 said:
Well, I see that the three of us (Astralsource, DiNaV and me) discussing this have scores of 446, 445 and 447 respectively, so there is enough reason for optimism ;D

DiNaV, I would suggest that while we are all speculating that the scores will come down, you should still keep the option of OINP open (that is if their criteria remains the same as last year and we qualify for their PNP program). While it does cost significantly more money, but at the same time it also increases your chances of PR significantly. Especially considering that you never know when CIC may come up with another change in the scoring system and turn the entire scenario upside down, dashing all our hopes in process :(
I would be open to ANY option as long as it increases my points and I get an ITA hahahahha.

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
I am 3 points short of max, but I won't take IELTS again neither. It was a horrible experience for me...the long wait and the worry. I even had a cold sore due to the pressure...hope the score would drop or OINP would open..

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
mukulabd said:
I am 6 points short of max in IELTS, but i have no plans of taking the test again. I would get a date 2 months from now or I will have to travel to another city to take it sooner (in a few weeks). Its just that I dont feel like going through that experience again... waiting for hours for registration and also not that its a very fun exam to sit for. But, its just me. ;D
It is a freaking nightmare, went three times, I genuinely do not wish that kind of stress to anyone (if he has a possibility to choose then better to save his health).. and they will damage your score in one way or another! They will find a way no matter how well prepared someone is.. I am waiting for a remark and I would maybe have 3 points more (and thats the MAX) but I went through a lot for that. And my score is still questionable by some people on the forum so I really dont have that "safety" yet, but thinking about doing another IELTS when I already gave my best just creeps me out.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
I took the ielts exam 3 times and every time i scored max in 3 modules and short 0.5 in the 4th so for example one time i score 8.5 listening and reading,8 speaking and 6.5 writing,last time i scored 3 points less than the max and thats it for me...

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
astralsource said:
I think so yes.. if someone thinks otherwise.. open for discussion! Just to know for sure.
Guys wanted to ask i think i selected ontario to nominate me but am not sure,how to double check if i did?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Wolverine17 said:
I took the ielts exam 3 times and every time i scored max in 3 modules and short 0.5 in the 4th so for example one time i score 8.5 listening and reading,8 speaking and 6.5 writing,last time i scored 3 points less than the max and thats it for me...
Exactly what they do - on purpose. And you didnt go for a remark?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Guys wanted to ask i think i selected ontario to nominate me but am not sure,how to double check if i did?
you can loginto your EE profile and check for yourself...
you should ideally select all provinces, not just Ontario you know...

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow lots of bad experiences with ielts eh ? yeah it figures, its not the easiest test in the world...

the worst part is this stupid test is only valid for 2 years... i mean i have written this test 4 times in the last 7 years, i can assure you i didnt forget my english... i mean cmon... huh

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
astralsource said:
Exactly what they do - on purpose. And you didnt go for a remark?
Well i went for a remark for the writing but my score remianed the same but anyways by the time i had my writing score out i had the scores for a new exam out,first exam though i was scored 6.5 in the speaking which was crazy considering how good i did in the exam,i went for a remarking and my score increased from 6.5 to 8

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
thestunner316 said:
you can loginto your EE profile and check for yourself...
you should ideally select all provinces, not just Ontario you know...
Can you please guide me on where to find it in my profile

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Well i went for a remark for the writing but my score remianed the same but anyways by the time i had my writing score out i had the scores for a new exam out,first exam though i was scored 6.5 in the speaking which was crazy considering how good i did in the exam,i went for a remarking and my score increased from 6.5 to 8
Wow 6.5 to 8 is amazing. Can the scores downgrade on remarking? I have 7 in speaking but I didn't do so well. The examiner was rude and cutting short my answers. He was like a recorder. A new question coming out of him every half a minute or so, regardless of me in the middle of answering the previous question. Thats where I lost points.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
mukulabd said:
Wow 6.5 to 8 is amazing. Can the scores downgrade on remarking? I have 7 in speaking but I didn't do so well. The examiner was rude and cutting short my answers. He was like a recorder. A new question coming out of him every half a minute or so, regardless of me in the middle of answering the previous question. Thats where I lost points.
As far as i know scores wont go down with remarking,well my main objective from the remarking at the time was just to complain against the examiner and they said remarking is the only way,i did great in the exam and i knew that no way am scoring less than a 7.5 thats why i did the remarking eventhough it wasnt going to benefit me that much in terms of my score because i scored 7.5 in the listening for that exam

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
astralsource said:
Kryt0n haha.. he's just rubbing it in.

Well start packing I guess!
Hahaha true guys I was bragging , but in all seriousness more points changes the threshold , I'd expect the scores to go up now , 496 could be the old 466. Wish you guys all good luck but moving to Canada is no certain gold rush , I've lived there for many years and the economy there isn't exactly striving and with an extremely educated Labour market it's a challenging move for us and our families. Still packing though however the post ITA process will be a strainous challenge.