Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Nomination.....
23-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
I got SINP EE nomination last month. That's great news, and I have until Oct 21 to either accept or reject my nomination. I didn't decide it yet. However, I already have CRS 475, with a (low) possibility of getting ITA next Wednesday (my only chance before that deadline). If I don't get an ITA next Wednesday, there are only two options left:

- To accept SK nomination, getting 600 points on the following draw and settling down in the province (with less chances of employment for my husband, who works with Digital Marketing / Journalism here in Brazil);
- To reject SK nomination and wait for ITA with my 475 points. In this case, we would aim at higher employment possibilities (mostly) for my husband in B.C. or Ontario. But it is too risky, given that upcoming changes in EE may put FSW in disadvantage (with CEC people earning extra points for Canadian education). We could lose it all.

What would you do? :eek:
Does anybody know if there is a way to request extra time to accept/reject nomination from SK?

Thanks ;D

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
dhvs said:
I got SINP EE nomination last month. That's great news, and I have until Oct 21 to either accept or reject my nomination. I didn't decide it yet. However, I already have CRS 475, with a (low) possibility of getting ITA next Wednesday (my only chance before that deadline). If I don't get an ITA next Wednesday, there are only two options left:

- To accept SK nomination, getting 600 points on the following draw and settling down in the province (with less chances of employment for my husband, who works with Digital Marketing / Journalism here in Brazil);

- To reject SK nomination and wait for ITA with my 475 points. In this case, we would aim at higher employment possibilities (mostly) for my husband in B.C. or Ontario. But it is too risky, given that upcoming changes in EE may put FSW in disadvantage (with CEC people earning extra points for Canadian education). We could lose it all.

you have very high probability for getting direct ITA in next 2-3 draws. :)

Does anybody know if there is a way to request extra time to accept/reject nomination from SK?
I dont think so they have extension rule.

Choice is yours, All the best. :)

Thanks ;D

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhvs said:

Thanks ;D
Honestly, discuss it with your husband and make the decision that makes both of you content. Some people here are overly optimistic (like the guy above) or overly pessimistic. There is no way to know what will happen in the upcoming draws.

If you do decide to move to SK maybe if your husband is unable to find employment you could try to move to a different province making an argument on the lack of opportunities. However, I do not know if this would work since you are the principal applicant. Something to consider anyways.
Cheers

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
think0911 said:
Bro that option is available for everyone, wether you have 300 or 451.
Stop criticising if you are not in that PNP list. its fair race, who applies first get it first.
I'm not criticizing I'm just saying that lucky are those whose NOCs are in the in-demand lists. That's all. However, the difference in points 300-450 means lower education, lower IELTS and older age.

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
think0911 said:
Bro that option is available for everyone, wether you have 300 or 451.
Stop criticising if you are not in that PNP list. its fair race, who applies first get it first.
And it's definitely not first come, first served both in EE and PNP.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Pat180715 said:
I'm not criticizing I'm just saying that lucky are those whose NOCs are in the in-demand lists. That's all. However, the difference in points 300-450 means lower education, lower IELTS and older age.
Look if a person gets job offer or if his NOC is in demand that is fair enough. But in OINP anyone who had 400 points can get nominated. Which lets the others who are suffering. If a person whose age is 45 with Ielts 6 band and bachelors level of education what will he provide to canadian economy. These types of people benifited from OINP got nominated and got the ITA and got the visas. They will end up doing odd jobs for 10-15$ an hour. And the person who is 26-27 in age has masters degree can speak fluent english CLB 10 has 3-4 years of experience is waiting in line with 480+ points. The person who can find a good job can serve the country for long is getting ignored. Most deserving persons are getting overlooked and getting depressed. And non deserving are enjoying there hand to mouth life in canada. I think there should be different draws or quotas for PNP stream and FSW stream. Because if a province issues 1k nominations in 2-3 weeks the scores will definately go up and lot of un deserving applicants will get ITA and the deserving applicant will get overlooked. There should be a system like in this draw we will pick 200 PNP applicants and 1000 fsw applicants

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Look if a person gets job offer or if his NOC is in demand that is fair enough. But in OINP anyone who had 400 points can get nominated. Which lets the others who are suffering. If a person whose age is 45 with Ielts 6 band and bachelors level of education what will he provide to canadian economy. These types of people benifited from OINP got nominated and got the ITA and got the visas. They will end up doing odd jobs for 10-15$ an hour. And the person who is 26-27 in age has masters degree can speak fluent english CLB 10 has 3-4 years of experience is waiting in line with 480+ points. The person who can find a good job can serve the country for long is getting ignored. Most deserving persons are getting overlooked and getting depressed. And non deserving are enjoying there hand to mouth life in canada. I think there should be different draws or quotas for PNP stream and FSW stream. Because if a province issues 1k nominations in 2-3 weeks the scores will definately go up and lot of un deserving applicants will get ITA and the deserving applicant will get overlooked. There should be a system like in this draw we will pick 200 PNP applicants and 1000 fsw applicants
ONIP is open for everyone. Whats so unfair about it? If a 480+ wants to apply for ONIP, they can. You can either to choose to try directly with an ITA or take a chance and spend 1500 CAD to apply for ONIP. Worse case scenario, if you get picked directly for an ITA, you lose your 1500 CAD. Thats a risk many will take since an ONIP is pretty much a guarantee that you will get an ITA.

I dont see anything unfair in this. If someone chooses NOT to apply for ONIP, then they have no business to whine if someone else took the initiative to apply for ONIP.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
fatani said:
Every persons circumstance is different. Its not fair to say that a 40 year old has nothing to contribute to the economy? What about the 15-20 years of experience he brings to the table? Of course, I understand that Canada does not recognize the worldwide experience immigrants bring to the table. In my opinion, thats the bigger flaw here with the job market. Someone spends 20 years working in Australia or the UK and Canada labour market seems to say, it means nothing. Thats a debate for another thread. All Im saying is, its all fair and its all good. Everyone's circumstances are different and its not fair to say that a 27 year old brings more to the table than a 40 year old. You cant generalize. It all depends. I personally know a 36 year old immigrant in Toronto who set up a business and is currently employing more than 10 Canadian graduates!

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Totally, agree John. Experienced professionals would always have a probability of getting a decent salary and pay more taxes from day 1. To be very honest, I have more than 50+ knowns - my Bachelor's class mates, my Master's classmates and my team members in XYZ companies.

All of them update me that I will get a decent job from day 1 as I multinational enterprise experiences in Cyber Security. I have already been accredited with Cyber Security certifications from E-Council, SANS, ISC2, ISACA and along with product certification from Juniper, Cisco, Microsoft, Computer Associates etc.

In-fact, I have posted my profile on canadian job portals and is continuously receiving queries. But, they become silent as I dont have the work permit /PR. They are not interested to apply for the LMIA for techno management positions.

Thank you
Pawshi

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
fatani said:
Look if a person gets job offer or if his NOC is in demand that is fair enough. But in OINP anyone who had 400 points can get nominated. Which lets the others who are suffering. If a person whose age is 45 with Ielts 6 band and bachelors level of education what will he provide to canadian economy.
There's so many examples of what a 45 yr old can bring to the table. He can probably help build the very offices IRCC is sat inside, he might even be chief executive of the company (but be over 47 years old and so he gets low points in Express Entry), he might keep the engines running in a power plant.... you need to realise that a 45 yr old has a wealth of experience and knowledge that a fresh faced graduate can only try and read about in books. The need to run out and get higher education is a relatively new idea, not so long ago people used to learn all their skills through on the job training.

Besides, no PNP in Canada lets just anybody in. They only nominate the people they think will benefit the province. So if they've been nominated then the province wants them... if somebody else is sat waiting that hasn't been nominated, then clearly they're not as necessary to the economy

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
25-02-2017 (BG IP: 25-02-2017, BG NA: 09-03-2017, BG IP2: 25-03-2017)
fatani said:

What do you mean by saying "These types of people"?? Everyone can apply for OINP. If someone does not want to apply or does not get accepted for that, then we should blame those who applied and got it?
What does this mean: "Most deserving persons are getting overlooked"? If they are most deserving people, I don't think Canadian government is unable to see that, but some of us are.

I am not saying there is no flaw in the immigration system, but we are not supposed to judge it just based on what we need or want.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
fatani said:
Most deserving persons are getting overlooked and getting depressed. And non deserving are enjoying there hand to mouth life in canada
And in all honesty, that kind of attitude is not exactly good for Canada.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
johnsyk said:
Every persons circumstance is different. Its not fair to say that a 40 year old has nothing to contribute to the economy? What about the 15-20 years of experience he brings to the table? Of course, I understand that Canada does not recognize the worldwide experience immigrants bring to the table. In my opinion, thats the bigger flaw here with the job market. Someone spends 20 years working in Australia or the UK and Canada labour market seems to say, it means nothing. Thats a debate for another thread. All Im saying is, its all fair and its all good. Everyone's circumstances are different and its not fair to say that a 27 year old brings more to the table than a 40 year old. You cant generalize. It all depends. I personally know a 36 year old immigrant in Toronto who set up a business and is currently employing more than 10 Canadian graduates!
Well said

bala1980

Aug 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30/Sep/16
AOR Received.
12/Nov/16
Hi All,

Could you please clarify my query..

I already received Nova scotia provincial nomination and awaiting for ITA at the moment. I saw there are other posts stating that once we get a PR we can move to any province. But what happens during the first time entry to Canada, Should I land in Nova scotia first and can move later to other province or I can straightaway move to other province first time itself. Because I have few job opportunities with my current employer in Toronto, it would be easier for me to secure job before landing in Canada. What is your views.

Thanks
Balaji

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EE is an economic class.

Why on earth are 20% of the ITAs going to low-wage restaurant managers and chefs?