Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bala1980 said:
Hi All,

Could you please clarify my query..

I already received Nova scotia provincial nomination and awaiting for ITA at the moment. I saw there are other posts stating that once we get a PR we can move to any province. But what happens during the first time entry to Canada, Should I land in Nova scotia first and can move later to other province or I can straightaway move to other province first time itself. Because I have few job opportunities with my current employer in Toronto, it would be easier for me to secure job before landing in Canada. What is your views.

Thanks
Balaji
If you have no intention of landing in Nova Scotia, then you should decline the PNP for Nova Scotia. They are giving it to you, to go to Nova Scotia. Not leave and head to Toronto.

But you do what you have to do.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
fatani said:
Lots of people will get selected as benificiary of Oinp persons with only bachelors and low level of english and on ages in late 30s and 40s with 405-410 points. Because of OINP their points shoots up to 1005-1010 and they gets ITA. And people like damha sirah very young at age with masters education and CLB 10 English waiting to get in at 481 points that is not fair with this system.
I seem to have become famous on this forum :D

think0911 said:
what are saying? they all are waiting since last 1 year. if you are talking about points, damha sirah should have applied 6 months back, that time CRS score was not that high, this is fair bro. they all have sent $1500 as well.
I have been in the pool since June 2015 with 441 points. My old EE profile expired and my points increased from 441 to 481 in my new profile created on 14th July 2016 after I got my Masters ECA in July 2016

Lucky213 said:
Whats happening damha sirah...................after getting so near.......still so far...... :( :(
Yes, the tragedy of it... So near, and yet so far... Think I should get married.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
johnsyk said:
ONIP is open for everyone. Whats so unfair about it? If a 480+ wants to apply for ONIP, they can. You can either to choose to try directly with an ITA or take a chance and spend 1500 CAD to apply for ONIP. Worse case scenario, if you get picked directly for an ITA, you lose your 1500 CAD. Thats a risk many will take since an ONIP is pretty much a guarantee that you will get an ITA.

I dont see anything unfair in this. If someone chooses NOT to apply for ONIP, then they have no business to whine if someone else took the initiative to apply for ONIP.
As far as I know You cant apply for OINP directly, they send PT of interest so it is not in the hand of any individual to go and apply. 40+ can bring expereince on the table but what canada needs is more important, look by giving away max points to a person who is in the range of 20-29 they are clearly showing they need youth and young people. Thats why I said this, because its feel like double standard at one point they say they need young people young and on the other hand young applicants are suffering. I am not against PNP programs or OINP I just want to say that they should Invite them separately. So it remains fair for the young applicants as well. Or otherwise give max points for 21-39 age range so then young applicants have time by this they cant get demotivated if anyone of them turns 30-35.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thing is that at the same time you get max. points with 6+ years of work experience combine with PHD studies. Put there the age below 29 and you have practicaly impossible combination there.
As you will either get low age and highest education but not enough work experience
or age and work experience but your education will be suffering
or you have education and experience but not the age anymore.

Now given the current point levels for last few draws, that gives practicaly no chance to people without any Canadian connections (work, studies, family). They will suffer with above mentioned paradox, where points on one or other scale will be cut down. And 483 is way too close to the max of achievable points.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Now given the current point levels for last few draws, that gives practicaly no chance to people without any Canadian connections (work, studies, family). They will suffer with above mentioned paradox, where points on one or other scale will be cut down. And 483 is way too close to the max of achievable points.
I agree that the points are way too high at the moment. However I think this just might be a short term thing. This is due to a range of reasons including PNPs and previous backlog. My feeling is that by middle of next year, things will settle in and you will have more realistic range of scores.

Not everyone has Canadian experience so that's a limited number of people. At some point, those will start drying up. They are planning to make changes where Canadian educated students get additional points. At some point, that backlog will end too. Once you have less people with Canadian connections applying, you are left with average folks between 400 and 470 and who might all have a shot at getting ITA at some point. When? How? No one knows.

However this is all speculation again based on what the above poster just said - Not everyone can score 485+ without PNP or Canadian connections so its not sustainable in the long term. Of course, knowing how things are here, it is only a matter of time before they change Express entry rules as well so all this logic will be out of the window.

I think 2017 will be an interesting year. It will be the 3rd year of Express Entry. The first 2 years did not have 100% intake through EXPRESS entry since they had to accommodate backlogs too. in 2017, we expect all intakes from Express entry. Since the liberals want more immigration, we can only expect that the system will be more easier and better and not tougher! Lets hope for the best.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
fatani said:
As far as I know You cant apply for OINP directly, they send PT of interest so it is not in the hand of any individual to go and apply.
Everyone with a 400+ gets a PT invite as far as I know which is fair. Applicants with less than 400 need to re-do their IELTS to score above 400 for Express Entry. To be honest, if you have less than 400 in Express Entry, at this point of time, your chances of getting an ITA are nil.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
The biggest blow is if they make ONIP NOC specific this year or they raising the ONIP minimum score too high. That's my biggest fear. I see so many dreams shattering then!

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Look if a person gets job offer or if his NOC is in demand that is fair enough. But in OINP anyone who had 400 points can get nominated. Which lets the others who are suffering. If a person whose age is 45 with Ielts 6 band and bachelors level of education what will he provide to canadian economy. These types of people benifited from OINP got nominated and got the ITA and got the visas. They will end up doing odd jobs for 10-15$ an hour. And the person who is 26-27 in age has masters degree can speak fluent english CLB 10 has 3-4 years of experience is waiting in line with 480+ points. The person who can find a good job can serve the country for long is getting ignored. Most deserving persons are getting overlooked and getting depressed. And non deserving are enjoying there hand to mouth life in canada. I think there should be different draws or quotas for PNP stream and FSW stream. Because if a province issues 1k nominations in 2-3 weeks the scores will definately go up and lot of un deserving applicants will get ITA and the deserving applicant will get overlooked. There should be a system like in this draw we will pick 200 PNP applicants and 1000 fsw applicants
What I meant is that some applicants with jobs like cooks and meat choppers, CRS 300, ielts 6.0 and low education are lucky enough to have their jobs in in-demand list and they have advantage over those with white collar jobs that are not in in-demand list, CRS 450-480, masters degree, ielts 9.0. I'm not saying that some professions are better than others, it's just luck that some are in-demand. And to my mind OINP is more fair as there is no in-demand list and it gives a fair chance to everyone with CRS 400+. And if I applied a year ago I would have been nominated already, but due to circumstances I managed to have doc-s ready only this year and that's my fault.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
And to my mind OINP is more fair as there is no in-demand list and it gives a fair chance to everyone with CRS 400+. And if I applied a year ago I would have been nominated already, but due to circumstances I managed to have doc-s ready only this year and that's my fault.
Lets hope they don't change ONIP rules this year! I'm the same situation as you. Waiting for ONIP to start.

Yes, some people got lucky last year with 450 scores. The CRS cut off last year in October was 450! If I had my profile up a year back, I would have got my PR by now! But that's life! A lot of it is just plain luck! :)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Same! OINP me please!

Sat at 440 points here (down from 445 in April because it seems at 30 I'm getting on a bit...)

I don't understand that their optimal candidate is 28 years old with a PHD and at least 3 years experience in a high level field that you usually have to build up to.

So you have an 18 year old, 7 years for a PHD, so 25, then 1 year of working your way up to a fantastic high level job. Oh, and also being fluent in English AND French.

Come on guys, your average Canadian likely has a Bachelors at most. Why expect more from foreigners if your own people can't live up to the standards??? </rant>

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Come on guys, your average Canadian likely has a Bachelors at most. Why expect more from foreigners if your own people can't live up to the standards???
And to make things worse, the average Canadian with a Bachelors has a respectable white collar job. While the highly skilled immigrant with a masters and 6 years experience is flipping burgers! :eek:

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Yup.

My boyfriend is an Aeronautical Engineer by trade (degree, 5.5 years experience). However when we first went over to Canada on working holiday he shovelled snow and drove busses (got his license over there).

Now he stands more chance getting an LMIA as a bus driver than for his actual skills. It's so frustrating!

I have a Computing degree with 3 years working at the Ministry of Defence as a Cost analyst (falls under 2171 really) but while there I was a Retail Supervisor.

Ugh. It's like we have to dumb down to stand more of a chance.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
FYI my LMIA was refused BECAUSE of my degree (over qualified) so we had to leave.

Luckily I got a year as a supervisor under my belt there so qualify as CEC and FSW.

But still... nbring on those PNP's!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pat180715 said:
What I meant is that some applicants with jobs like cooks and meat choppers, CRS 300, ielts 6.0 and low education are lucky enough to have their jobs in in-demand list and they have advantage over those with white collar jobs that are not in in-demand list, CRS 450-480, masters degree, ielts 9.0. I'm not saying that some professions are better than others, it's just luck that some are in-demand. And to my mind OINP is more fair as there is no in-demand list and it gives a fair chance to everyone with CRS 400+. And if I applied a year ago I would have been nominated already, but due to circumstances I managed to have doc-s ready only this year and that's my fault.
Ok,
I would not agree with this. It is up to Canada to say what is better for them - if people under skilled trades which are lacking in the country / province and most likely will hit a job fast.
Or a highly educated white collar, that might be struggling to hit a proper job offer and end up in heavily underemployed.
First one will be rather happy and seeing his carrer and life rising while the second one might be highly disapointed seeing his potential wasted.

Economical imigrant is just what it is. If you are needed you will be invited and if not, then Canada owes you nothing.
It is not about saving you from misery of your current life or making your dreams come true. It is about offer and demand system. You offer your services (in this case qualification mixed with languages) and they will say if it is needed and offer you certain possibilities.

In this view all systems have logic (general point system, in demand occupations or education and even first come first serve system) depending whom they want to see immigrate.