+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I'm at 456. Any chances it will drop to that score in the near future?
If there is a CEC only draw then it will be much lower than 456.

If an FSW draw, then it won't come down to that level anytime soon (I should add, it wouldn't come down soon in FSWs In my opinion but my guess is as good as anybody else's).

Last edited:

Gtung

Feb 6, 2020
I have a query please anyone of you guide me regarding this. My query is that my husband is in merchant navy and he has gone for sailing at this time. He will be back by January. The main applicant for express entry is me. So in case I receive an ITA what and how should I proceed with it because my husband cannot be here for medical and PCC. So what should I do? Please let me know if anyone can help I will be obliged. Thanx

Reactions: tani90

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
@tani90 hi, did you get your masters evaluated at ICES or both graduation & master
I already have assessment from WES for both, however my masters has been evaluated as diploma
2. How much time did it take for your assessment
Hi,
I asked my University to send the transcripts via email (scanned copies) and it was updated in a weeks time by them. I started the process on February 6th (creation of profile and asking my university. to send the degree and transcripts) and I got an intimation from them on May 9th (stating that they have reviewed the certificates). But since they could not post it to my address in India they enquired if I have someone staying in Canada or US so that they could send the hard copy. I received the actual hard copy on the July 4th. So if this situation was not there I would have received the copy earlier. Also they do not updated the final equivalency (like WES) on the profile page.

So it roughly took them 3 months (which is far quicker than what WES took for my cases, plus giving me a downgraded result).

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
I don't think that its a wise option when you already are eligible for the PR! This route includes both, an exorbitant price and a prolonged wait to be a PR of Canada. I understand your situation and nodoubt, this thought has come out due to your desparation to move to Canada at any condition.

Have you checked for any PNP options (such as OINP, SINP, AINP etc.), specifically related to your field?

Also, Try to look for any possible way for the improvement in your CRS. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply buddy. None of my NOC are eligible for these PNP programs. Waiting for OINP to pick our profile. Also I am contemplating to try for TEF Canada. My younger brother is also pursuing his masters from there and he is also saying that I should wait and see a few more draws before taking the education route.

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Any hope for someone having NOC 1111 and CRS 460.. Expecting to be getting picked up by Ontario in their August draw...

Reactions: Lulu69

maou556

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hey peeps!

I'm at 476, this should be safe enough without doing the french exam right? (I'm french educated and can easily pass the TEF/TCF)

Cheers.

Reactions: tani90

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hey peeps!

I'm at 476, this should be safe enough without doing the french exam right? (I'm french educated and can easily pass the TEF/TCF)

Cheers.
Yes, you should be good probably by next draw (if not in the next then after a couple of FSWs you should be fine).

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have a query please anyone of you guide me regarding this. My query is that my husband is in merchant navy and he has gone for sailing at this time. He will be back by January. The main applicant for express entry is me. So in case I receive an ITA what and how should I proceed with it because my husband cannot be here for medical and PCC. So what should I do? Please let me know if anyone can help I will be obliged. Thanx
I am not sure anybody can be allowed without medical and PCCs.

There are a few options.

One could be that you apply him as a non-accompanying spouse and then once you have PR you sponsor him.

Second, apply and raise a webform asking IRCC what to do in such a case. They might be able to extend the timing for him to submit his paperwork.

Reactions: Gtung

aonanuga002

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Any hope for someone having NOC 1111 and CRS 460.. Expecting to be getting picked up by Ontario in their August draw...
How do you know there would be a draw in August?

Also 1111 big4 auditor been waiting on 466 in November when I lost 5 points..

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi guys..need a suggestion...my oinp application is in decision stage in less than 15 days of submission and I'm pretty sure before 22nd il get the PNP nomination. My CRS is currently 474..should I wait for accepting the nomination and see if I get through normal FSW mode in the next draw? (As I'm not sure of living 2-3 years in a particular place) is waiting a good option?
Its completely up to you mate. If you can easily bear the loss of CAD 1500, then you should proceed further with the direct ITA.
Hey there,

You can proceed with a Letter-of-explanation (LOE). Explain your circumstances to CIC and upload the LOE in the relevant placeholder. Remember, your application won't be proceeded further due to the incomplete documents. Thus, most probably it would be put on hold untill you update them with the required documents.

So, there isn't any advantage if you submit the application now! Because the timeline would be same whether you're into the pool or not. However, CIC is being extremely flexible nowadays due to the global Covid-19 pandemic. So, if you get an ITA now, your application won't be refused due to incompleteness.

I am not sure anybody can be allowed without medical and PCCs.

There are a few options.

One could be that you apply him as a non-accompanying spouse and then once you have PR you sponsor him.

Second, apply and raise a webform asking IRCC what to do in such a case. They might be able to extend the timing for him to submit his paperwork.
INCORRECT!

Medical(s) and PCC(s) are always required whether the application is accompanying or non-accompanying spouse and other dependants.

Last edited:
Reactions: DreamerT

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Dear @smash1984 , I bet you that the cut-off will consistently drop (provided IRCC invites 3.9k outlanders every fortnight).
Given the fact that still IELTS has not resumed in USA, very very limited operations in India and more than all, getting ECA from now is a moutain climbing task.
Any hardcopy reaching WES or CES or IQAS will probably be uploaded in the system at least after 2 months (all staff working from home and files coming to office are simply kept in reception).
Dudes who have sent their transcripts during April got the acknowledgment now and not every university will be able to send it online.
British Council too has not yet begun its operation in India. More than all, many are stranded in their native, and not every Tom, Dick, Harry are willing to write IELTS while cases are still creeping up in many countries.
@reality101, you will be picked up even with 456. No one is expert here to decide whether the cut-off will plummet or remains stagnant at 470. Logically, the more candidates entering the pool with 470 (which is very very less these days compared to pre-covid timeframe), the more will be the cut-off.
If the rate of dudes getting into the pool remains lesser and lesser (which is obvious), score will plummet to a level that most haven't dreamt of.
Just look at CEC - it started with 469 (March) and in less than 2 months, it came below 450s
Do not get disheartened when someone says that the cut-off will never drop. It is just their own theory. Logic does not work like that
I repeat, the cut-off will drop but when everything opens (which I think could happen until a vaccine is found), it will undoubtedly plunge.
You will get the invite. Just wait for some time and you will see the cut-off plummeting. Be happy man. At least you made it. Many who began the process during the month of March or later are completely stuck due to this pandemic.

JiBhanguJi

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
Punjab
Category........
Tomorow is my birthday
Tomorow some predict there could be a chance of draw
I am at 474 with todays age
And tomorow, my score will be 469
So lost chance and hope to migrate to canada because of corono

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Its completely up to you mate. If you can easily bear the loss of CAD 1500, then you should proceed further with the direct ITA.

INCORRECT!

Medical(s) and PCC(s) are always required whether the application is accompanying or non-accompanying spouse and other dependants.
Oh, I didn't know this.

Good to know.

I stand corrected about non-accompanying spouse then. Should have looked it up before offering opinion.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Dear @smash1984 , I bet you that the cut-off will consistently drop (provided IRCC invites 3.9k outlanders every fortnight).
Given the fact that still IELTS has not resumed in USA, very very limited operations in India and more than all, getting ECA from now is a moutain climbing task.
Any hardcopy reaching WES or CES or IQAS will probably be uploaded in the system at least after 2 months (all staff working from home and files coming to office are simply kept in reception).
Dudes who have sent their transcripts during April got the acknowledgment now and not every university will be able to send it online.
British Council too has not yet begun its operation in India. More than all, many are stranded in their native, and not every Tom, Dick, Harry are willing to write IELTS while cases are still creeping up in many countries.
@reality101, you will be picked up even with 456. No one is expert here to decide whether the cut-off will plummet or remains stagnant at 470. Logically, the more candidates entering the pool with 470 (which is very very less these days compared to pre-covid timeframe), the more will be the cut-off.
If the rate of dudes getting into the pool remains lesser and lesser (which is obvious), score will plummet to a level that most haven't dreamt of.
Just look at CEC - it started with 469 (March) and in less than 2 months, it came below 450s
Do not get disheartened when someone says that the cut-off will never drop. It is just their own theory. Logic does not work like that
I repeat, the cut-off will drop but when everything opens (which I think could happen until a vaccine is found), it will undoubtedly plunge.
You will get the invite. Just wait for some time and you will see the cut-off plummeting. Be happy man. At least you made it. Many who began the process during the month of March or later are completely stuck due to this pandemic.
The irony of your statement is probably lost on you.

I was supposed to add the disclaimer (In my opinion, which I now have) which is pretty good based on trends.

There were people here who were claiming that the FSW cut off will already be very low because many people will have been out of the pool because of COVID not allowing ECA and IELTS candidates to enter the pool and blah blah blah, and we had 478 last time. So yeah, I am not holding my breath for score to plunge too much for FSW.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrossi