+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
When I started my french learning, one teacher told me it is impossible to do in anything less than 2 years for a new learner with no French background. But I think it is doable in 9-12 months, depending on the efforts. I don't want to discourage others. Ofcourse learnings new language and getting to an advanced level is not easy. But it is not unachievable either.
I highly disagree with what your teacher said.
I do believe someone might need to study during 2-3 years to achieve a B2 if they're studying with very old methodologies, such as the classic 2-times-a-week-language-course that many of us grew up attending. This concept is dead nowadays. I didn't learn English that way, and never even thought about that when French became a need for immigration.
Nowadays with so many youtube channels, access to millions of articles, google translator, deepL, even softwares that can correct your text and point grammar errors (based on the context of the sentences) such as Reverso, I can totally see someone going from 0 to B2 in less than 6 months of INTENSE studying (at least 4-5 hours a day).
That's not my case, I've been studying around 90-120 minutes a day (but consuming little snippets of french here and there throughout the day, and checking google translator 40-50x a day, literally). Right now, I'm a solid B1 speaker (having started on January/2020). Totally foresee a B2 by late August (fingers crossed!).

Optimall

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Almost 43k ITA issued so far in 2020, about 42k left for FSW to compete for. If general doesn’t resume soonest, it will be survival of the fittest. Who knows next draw might probably be 432 CEC. how low can IRCC go ? 350 ?
Maybe for the remaining 2020 it will be CEC

• Sad
Reactions: Sunilneha

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
I highly disagree with what your teacher said.
I do believe someone might need to study during 2-3 years to achieve a B2 if they're studying with very old methodologies, such as the classic 2-times-a-week-language-course that many of us grew up attending. This concept is dead nowadays. I didn't learn English that way, and never even thought about that when French became a need for immigration.
Nowadays with so many youtube channels, access to millions of articles, google translator, deepL, even softwares that can correct your text and point grammar errors (based on the context of the sentences) such as Reverso, I can totally see someone going from 0 to B2 in less than 6 months of INTENSE studying (at least 4-5 hours a day).
That's not my case, I've been studying around 90-120 minutes a day (but consuming little snippets of french here and there throughout the day, and checking google translator 40-50x a day, literally). Right now, I'm a solid B1 speaker (having started on January/2020). Totally foresee a B2 by late August (fingers crossed!).
Great going! Bonne chance!

Yes, I completely agree. I obviously did not go with that teacher

Reactions: jrossi

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
On a bright side, We all should be grateful that IRCC is still conducting draws & issuing ITAs in this global pandemic. USA , on the other hand, has suspended immigration until further notice.

Having at least CEC draws conducted every 2 weeks will help FSW candidates in the future by lowering the cutoff once the general draws are resumed. This is definitely a ray of hope!

Reactions: manisingh2301

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
This can not be true! No way the scores will touch above 470+ in the future! This is completely fake! Even with all education and working experience it’s seems pretty harsh for scores to go that up even if you consider fsw candidates it’s impossible for majority of them to attain such high scores. So stop spreading false rumors!
It already was, so I'm not sure why you're so adamant?
  • January 8, 2020: CRS of 473
  • January 22, 2020: CRS of 471
  • February 5, 2020: CRS of 472
  • February 19, 2020: CRS of 470
  • March 4, 2020: CRS of 471
It can easily go back there, or higher, once the draws resume. I'm not so concerned about that. I just want a general draw sometime soon so myself and other FSWs can actually start the application process.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
When FSW draws we’re running for 475 and on did CEC individual say that it’s unfair.
CEC have even jobs in Canada.
who can be more qualified than them.
They're saying it's unfair because it's like putting someone on a field at a sports match, but keeping them inside a cage and not allowing them to compete.

I am supportive of everyone who receives an ITA, no matter the stream. But I want to be able to compete with my 481 CRS score, along with everyone else, in a general draw. I worked hard to get it, and I'd like to be allowed to use it. That's what they mean. Not greediness, just fairness.