+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
From what I have seen from fellow members in Canada, apparently 1 year of Canadian work experience is valued way more than 3+ years of foreign work experience..
I wonder in which domains this is important in Canada. I am sure it doesn't apply to Tech/IT jobs.

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Yes I think once FSW will resume that will be the new norm. The best bang for your buck would be to come to Canada for a Masters degree and then gain the appropriate experience under the 3 year PGWP. With scores this high coming to Canada for either a diploma or a degree may not be the best path for immigration unless you already have either credential back home. Even then a 2 year program would be the best bet.
This can not be true! No way the scores will touch above 470+ in the future! This is completely fake! Even with all education and working experience it’s seems pretty harsh for scores to go that up even if you consider fsw candidates it’s impossible for majority of them to attain such high scores. So stop spreading false rumors!

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
I wonder in which domains this is important in Canada. I am sure it doesn't apply to Tech/IT jobs.
Honestly from what I have seen it doesn’t apply for healthcare and IT jobs. For other fields employers are honestly looking for comparable Canadian experience. If you have a connection in the company you may be able to overcome this.

sys1user

Apr 30, 2019
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #152 – June 11, 2020
Canadian Experience Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction
Number of invitations issued: 3,559Footnote*
Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,559th or above
Date and time of round: June 11, 2020 at 13:33:58 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 437
Tie-breaking rule: May 25, 2020 at 00:31:43 UTC
  • If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Footnotes
Candidates from the Canadian Experience Class were eligible for this round of invitations.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
This can not be true! No way the scores will touch above 470+ in the future! This is completely fake! Even with all education and working experience it’s seems pretty harsh for scores to go that up even if you consider fsw candidates it’s impossible for majority of them to attain such high scores. So stop spreading false rumors!
I am sorry this is just how I personally see the situation given the current immigration rules. Canada is truly an amazing country and is likely to be very competitive for immigration in the future. All program draws were already heading to 470 before lockdowns and given the current trends this is where I see it heading. I honestly don’t wish to cause harm or stress I am just trying to put information the way I currently see it so people can make informed judgements and choices that will impact them long term.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Almost 43k ITA issued so far in 2020, about 42k left for FSW to compete for. If general doesn’t resume soonest, it will be survival of the fittest. Who knows next draw might probably be 432 CEC. how low can IRCC go ? 350 ?

Last edited:

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #152 – June 11, 2020
Canadian Experience Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction
Number of invitations issued: 3,559Footnote*
Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,559th or above
Date and time of round: June 11, 2020 at 13:33:58 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 437
Tie-breaking rule: May 25, 2020 at 00:31:43 UTC
  • If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Footnotes
Candidates from the Canadian Experience Class were eligible for this round of invitations.
I am a CEC applicant with crs 439. Does it mean that I should be receiving an ITA in my account soon? Its not there yet....