+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

Catnat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Does not B2 in all four modules of TEF/TCF gets 42 points? I thought the same from the CRS calculator. Can you throw some more light on this. Thanks
I can only speak to TEF as that is what I have taken and sadly it's only an upper B2 level that get's you the 42 points. You can see here the TEF scores and the NCLC level: https://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Correspondance-Niveaux-NCLC-scores-TEF-CANADA.pdf

You'll note that B2 covers both NCLC 6 and 7. So it's possible to be B2 and only be at NCLC 6, which means you won't get the 42 points. For the 42 points, you need to be at NCLC 7 for all 4 disciplines.

Here's a detailed breakdown of the language test results and the corresponding NCLC level, in case you're interested: https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/organisation/publications-guides/bulletins-guides-operationnels/exigences-normalisees/exigences-linguistiques/tableaux-equivalences-resultats-tests.html

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
IRCC has been so unpredictable over the years. I am not sure why so many people are certain that CEC draw will happen. A general draw could happen anytime.. overall this is a ray of hope & we’re allowed to be optimistic

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
IRCC has been so unpredictable over the years. I am not sure why so many people are certain that CEC draw will happen. A general draw could happen anytime.. overall this is a ray of hope & we’re allowed to be optimistic
I understand this is ray of hope thread, but I think its time we accept the truth that FSW draws wont happen until July or August.

Catnat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
When I started my french learning, one teacher told me it is impossible to do in anything less than 2 years for a new learner with no French background. But I think it is doable in 9-12 months, depending on the efforts. I don't want to discourage others. Ofcourse learnings new language and getting to an advanced level is not easy. But it is not unachievable either.
I actually think you are right Priyanka. French is not as hard as a lot of people think, especially if you are fluent in English. The more you learn, the more you see that a lot of English words are derived from French words and so by knowing English you are at a distinct advantage. I highly recommend "Learn French with Paul Noble" - I got it as an audio book and he had tips and tricks for how to use your knowledge of English to accelerate your French learning. It's also great if you are struggling with putting words together when speaking - it really helped me before I got a tutor.

Reactions: Priyanka2010

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
I would like to let you all know that WES is now accepting documents via email. The whole process takes less than 45 days. Someone who is very lucky had it done in less than 10 days. So, expect more people coming into the pool sooner than later.

Reactions: alexross

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Does that mean CRS cutoff will be around 475+ if FSW resumes in July/August? That’s insane..
Yes I think once FSW will resume that will be the new norm. The best bang for your buck would be to come to Canada for a Masters degree and then gain the appropriate experience under the 3 year PGWP. With scores this high coming to Canada for either a diploma or a degree may not be the best path for immigration unless you already have either credential back home. Even then a 2 year program would be the best bet.

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
If I can pick,

I don't want people with CRS 380 or even 420 immigrate to this country easily and left out those FSW talent with 470+
From what I have seen from fellow members in Canada, apparently 1 year of Canadian work experience is valued way more than 3+ years of foreign work experience..