Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
What's your NOC and CRS score?
0213. And 2171 and 2173 as my work history.
My score will be 476 in August. Not that I am too negative about my score. I will just go ahead with whatever comes first.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
My score will be 476 in August. Not that I am too negative about my score. I will just go ahead with whatever comes first.
You're in a very in-demand industry, so you're going to be better off than many. :)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Big tech draws should happen in July/August like last year. OINP still has to nominate 4300 people in the next 7 months, not sure if they are committed to reach this target. I am too hoping to receive NOI in future tech draws, but not sure if this is possible with my score of 469.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Should we expect that there will be a CEC draw announced at any moment from now? :p
No. It's still very early morning here. If the draw is going to happen, it won't be for a few hours yet.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Big tech draws should happen in July/August like last year. OINP still has to nominate 4300 people in the next 7 months, not sure if they are committed to reach this target. I am too hoping to receive NOI in future tech draws, but not sure if this is possible with my score of 469.
I believe they will. Whether they will consider FSW candidates or not, it is another story. However, they seem to run out of CEC candidates soon.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
You're in a very in-demand industry, so you're going to be better off than many. :)
Thank you. :)

By the way, have we all agreed that it would be more logical that the FSW draws will resume in July? (No COPRs for FSW applicants and travel restrictions are still in place for people with COPRs after 18 March,...) So don't be too disheartened. Let's continue praying and waiting.

Reactions: manisingh2301

Md1990

May 22, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hey! I am a new member here.... I have a current CRS score of 456! And will be completely my 1 year working experience in June 24th you think I should apply after today’s draw? Like create my EE profile.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thank you. :)

By the way, have we all agreed that it would be more logical that the FSW draws will resume in July? (No COPRs for FSW applicants and travel restrictions are still in place for people with COPRs after 18 March,...) So don't be too disheartened. Let's continue praying and waiting.
I'm trying to meter my expectations, so that I don't get disappointed. I was quite hyped that June could bring a change, and it doesn't seem to have. So, I hope July does that, but who knows. Any idea when Canadian airports for foreign travelers are supposed to start opening up or are they still quiet on that one?
Hey! I am a new member here.... I have a current CRS score of 456! And will be completely my 1 year working experience in June 24th you think I should apply after today’s draw? Like create my EE profile.
Welcome! Where did you do your work experience? Are you CEC or FSW?

Md1990

May 22, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I'm trying to meter my expectations, so that I don't get disappointed. I was quite hyped that June could bring a change, and it doesn't seem to have. So, I hope July does that, but who knows. Any idea when Canadian airports for foreign travelers are supposed to start opening up or are they still quiet on that one?

Welcome! Where did you do your work experience? Are you CEC or FSW?
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah I am currently in Canada. Yes I do qualify for CEC and my work experience is in Canada. I was just checking by starting to create my EE profile but under jobs/work experience section it only stated month and year start date! I am around 75 hours short from reaching the 1560 working hrs required. But I was wondering if I should send my application after today’s draw since the next draw might be end of the month and by then I will have a year of working experience

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah I am currently in Canada. Yes I do qualify for CEC and my work experience is in Canada. I was just checking by starting to create my EE profile but under jobs/work experience section it only stated month and year start date! I am around 75 hours short from reaching the 1560 working hrs required. But I was wondering if I should send my application after today’s draw since the next draw might be end of the month and by then I will have a year of working experience
Why not? There is no charges for getting into the pool. Did you complete your education in Canada? If not you have to expect few months for your eca from WES.

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
I think it's easier to find preparation material for TCF, also only TCF Canada is available where I live. So, it's a no-brainer.
There are more sections in TCF than TEF right? Have you done a comparative analysis of the two tests? Also TCF is better if one is targeting Quebec.

AliPak

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Same here. Since late December I realized the trend for the CRS was only going up and up and up, and having already maxed out IELTS, and having already 2 diplomas, I realized I only had 1 option... so I started studying french since then. I believe I'm right now at level B1, but some of my iTalki teachers say I'm closer to B2 than B1. I've been waking up every single day at 4AM to study before going to work, and I intend on attempting the TCF on late August, and if everything works the way I expect, my score will jump to 509. Which means, sooner or later, I'll get the ITA.
I honestly think that anyone, whether CEC or FSW that *really* wants to immigrate to Canada and has a score below 480 (I highly doubt anything below 480 will be a safe score in the post-pandemic EE) should start learning french as of right now. Seriously, don't complain in the future that "EE has become impossible for outland candidates, now requires that you have at least a masters, etc". Understand the CRS Criteria, and go for it!
What is the best way to study french ?

Md1990

May 22, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Why not? There is no charges for getting into the pool. Did you complete your education in Canada? If not you have to expect few months for your eca from WES.
Oh I see! Yeah I just did a two year college program here in Canada. But got my degree from my home country India evaluation done in Jan from WES. So I was just think if I should go ahead and create a profile and submit. Also I did IELTS but not the greatest score. But I guess enough to give me crs 456. But I just wanted to make sure before submit my application