Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSW applications cannot be finalised either, at the moment. None of the applicants have received COPRs recently. I guess only when we start seeing them receiving COPRs, FSW draws will resume. At the moment, I would keep myself from being negative.
VFS offices are gradually reopening. But most of them don't accept applications for Canada at the moment. Let's keep watching.
That decision would be down to the VAC in the particular country, right? Either the office decides not to reopen yet, or the local government bans them from reopening under a certain lock-down level. So, it's waiting for those individual VACs or countries to decide to reopen and allow processing of Canadian visa applications?

I get conflicting info for SA. The local VFS site says not open under level 3 lockdown, the Canadian one for SA says Pretoria and Cape Town closed until further notice, but then the SA VFS site says "Department of Home Affairs is pleased to announce the opening of the Visa & Permit Facilitation Centres in 9 provinces and 11 cities within South Africa. Visa and Permit applications will be accepted across these 12 centres in South Africa". @Chris1994 have you had a look at what's happening with the centers in SA?

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
That decision would be down to the VAC in the particular country, right? Either the office decides not to reopen yet, or the local government bans them from reopening under a certain lock-down level. So, it's waiting for those individual VACs or countries to decide to reopen and allow processing of Canadian visa applications?
Russia has already opened everything since 9th of June, but VACs are still closed.

Reactions: nat.abramovich

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

I get conflicting info for SA. The local VFS site says not open under level 3 lockdown, the Canadian one for SA says Pretoria and Cape Town closed until further notice, but then the SA VFS site says "Department of Home Affairs is pleased to announce the opening of the Visa & Permit Facilitation Centres in 9 provinces and 11 cities within South Africa. Visa and Permit applications will be accepted across these 12 centres in South Africa". @Chris1994 have you had a look at what's happening with the centers in SA?
All this depends on the Canadian High Commission present in the country. Even if VAC's are open, they cannot do anything unless Canadian High Commission permits them to work.

Also, study permits for Sep 2020 intake are not getting processed even though the fall intake is completely online and students need their study permits to attend online classes, less than 3 months left for that.

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
But I want to be ready with a higher score in the next 6-9 months, whenever FSW resumes. If I keep waiting for FSW draws to resume and then start with French, it is valuable time wasted. Already I repent for not starting it last year August when the scores started going higher. That time also I was anticipating that scores will drop or b2b draw will help and I lost 5 points in October waiting for the score drop. Also, learning a new language is exciting.
Agreed. I will be giving by TEF whenever centres open up. Been learning for 2 years as a hobby. I wish you all the best.

Reactions: Priyanka2010

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Think about it, given that most of immigrants are coming from India, country is experiencing more than 12000 covid positive cases a day . Why would have Canada put their own nation under the risk?
Central America is also having their worst days of their lives.
Another things is as you said Are the VAC offices. As 80% of them are closed, they arent able to function st their full capacity.FSW requires international vac offices throughout the world, as the candidates live in foreign countries, not in Canada.
a lot of us will also not immediately stay in Canada and just make a soft landing and come back after 2 years or so.

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Agreed. I will be giving by TEF whenever centres open up. Been learning for 2 years as a hobby. I wish you all the best.
Great. What resources did you refer to? I have a private teacher but I am trying to get hold of more practice materials. I have the enchante books and I listen to podcasts online for my listening. I also tried Learn French with Alexa, but have not taken the paid subscription. Also, Duolingo is good for vocabulary. Can you share what all you are relying on for French practice?

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Great. What resources did you refer to? I have a private teacher but I am trying to get hold of more practice materials. I have the enchante books and I listen to podcasts online for my listening. I also tried Learn French with Alexa, but have not taken the paid subscription. Also, Duolingo is good for vocabulary. Can you share what all you are relying on for French practice?
My base knowledge comes from my Alliance Francaise studies (B2 level) but I read the French news and various French websites like TV5 for compréhension orale and compréhension écrite. I watch some french tv shows on netflix too (with French subtitles on and off). There is a facebook group called 'Comment se préparer au TEF' which is AMAZING!

Reactions: Priyanka2010

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
My base knowledge comes from my Alliance Francaise studies (B2 level) but I read the French news and various French websites like TV5 for compréhension orale and compréhension écrite. I watch some french tv shows on netflix too (with French subtitles on and off). There is a facebook group called 'Comment se préparer au TEF' which is AMAZING!
Thanks that's really helpful. How are you practicing your speaking?

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
I wonder what the specific reason is that FSW draws aren't being conducted. My two options thus far are international borders still being closed (not sure when that will change for Canada), or the fact that visa application centers are still gradually reopening. Those both seem like plausible reasons. Just wish I knew what to expect.
Well, the reasons are very simple. The background check is an important part of immigration. And as far as I know, officers are not back to many countries which are providing a major chunk of immigrants. Your profile is good. Just have faith and patience. May you succeed in the future. Dw

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Well, the reasons are very simple. The background check is an important part of immigration. And as far as I know, officers are not back to many countries which are providing a major chunk of immigrants. Your profile is good. Just have faith and patience. May you succeed in the future. Dw
Do you mean officers in embassies and high commissions around the world? Would it be Canada that decides that they go back to work, or the individual countries?

Thank you, that is kind of you. I hope so too. :)

Reactions: joconstantine

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Do you mean officers in embassies and high commissions around the world? Would it be Canada that decides that they go back to work, or the individual countries?

Thank you, that is kind of you. I hope so too. :)
These officers are Canadians, so only the Canadian government can decide when they go back to work by observing that country's situation. As far as I know, many country's corona counts are still very high. So the Canadian government won't allow their people to go and start work there. It's just my opinion