+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Hey Guys I have a query for the proof of funds.
The fund which I have is in USD but IRCC guidelines say funds required CAD $12,960.
How does this conversion thing works?
Do I need to ask to the bank manager to mention the conversion rate or immigration officers do it by themselves?
Or I should do it myself and attach a loe.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Hi guys! I am new to this forum can someone please explain what will be the advantages of accepting NOI and applying under ONIP. And how will applying affect my application as an FSW candidate.
The "advantage" of applying via OINP is that now you have a sure shot for PR. The regular FSW draw path is not clear at the moment so it is better to continue with the option you have at the moment which is OINP.
3 factors to consider :
1. It costs u a little more than going via a regular FSW application
2. It takes a few more extra months of processing time.
3.you have a moral obligation to reside and contribute to province of a Ontario.

Regarding processing time. I guess its not a factor now, as regular FSW draws are not happening. Hope this helps

a145m20

Jun 1, 2020
The "advantage" of applying via OINP is that now you have a sure shot for PR. The regular FSW draw path is not clear at the moment so it is better to continue with the option you have at the moment which is OINP.
3 factors to consider :
1. It costs u a little more than going via a regular FSW application
2. It takes a few more extra months of processing time.
3.you have a moral obligation to reside and contribute to province of a Ontario.

Regarding processing time. I guess its not a factor now, as regular FSW draws are not happening. Hope this helps
Thank you!

Saleemasif3088

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hey Guys I have a query for the proof of funds.
The fund which I have is in USD but IRCC guidelines say funds required CAD $12,960.
How does this conversion thing works?
Do I need to ask to the bank manager to mention the conversion rate or immigration officers do it by themselves?
Or I should do it myself and attach a loe.
Nothing to do. Just get the statement and submitt. My consultant did the same. They will do the rest for you.

Chris1994

Jul 23, 2019
Nothing meaningful...confirm that Express Entry rounds of invitations are still happening doesn't mean FSW will resume
But why change it if you are going to continue PNP+CEC draws? The previous response was adequate, why go through the trouble to change your generic response after 3 months of the same type of reply?

Komkom

Mar 1, 2020
Hello everyone, pls when filling the ontario application form there is a question that states do you have any application for any of the provinces.

Pls does this mean do you have any NOI from any other province or have you submitted an express of interest to any province.

Marziyeh

Aug 17, 2019
I believe those who are thinking that FSW draw will resume within June are having wishful thinking. If a FSW draw was to happen then why would Ontario invite people who can simply get in regular EE draw. Why would those people pay application fee to Ontario to get their nomination. Canada was the first one to pull out Olympics game, so they are most cautious. I don't see FSW draw resuming at least till July. Only once the travel restrictions are lifted then you can expect FSW.
I dont understand why everybody here says FSW draws will resume after travel restrictions are lifted!!!!!! Is it that FSW applicants who get ITA today, will be on board tomorrow to get to Canada???!!!! Of course nooot.
we all know it takes at least 6 months to have your case processed.
So lifting travel restrictions and re-opening of businesses in Canada has nothing to do with resumption of regular draws.
There must be something else behind aallll these

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Guys, can I create a profile with my ECA still in progress? I have over 10 years experience and currently working as vp marketing. Mentioning this because it would be weird to not show any education and be working with such a profile. Please advise!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Guys, can I create a profile with my ECA still in progress? I have over 10 years experience and currently working as vp marketing. Mentioning this because it would be weird to not show any education and be working with such a profile. Please advise!
Nope, you need to enter the exact day you received your ECA report in your EE profile.