+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
It looks like the honeymoon period for CECs have ended. I am sure the ones that have not gotten ITAs will be sweating
Well, not as bad as it seems. If general draws begin without the unusual influx, we might see the scores drop a bit so CEC candidates with low scores might get theirs too . Last time I checked, we had about 7000 people in the range of 460-470 and just two draws can clear this up after they must have dealt with people above that mark.

if you also notice, COpr are rolling out faster than in the past few months .

Reactions: manisingh2301

Dave1111

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Next draw prediction. Its just my personal opinion so please take it with pinch of salt.

Unemployment in canada is about to touch 16%(it may not last long will hopefully get better in few months). Im in no means trying to discourage anyone from immigrating to canada.

Express entry as a system never invites candidates from particular NOC and rely on various provincial nominee programs to pick candidates from NOCs which are in demand.

Given the fact that higher unemployment in canada and recent trend of IRCC of inviting PNP and CEC candidates, next draw will also be PNP followed by CEC. We may see more PNP issued an ita than previous draws.

All the best everyone!!

https://business.financialpost.com/executive/posthaste-racial-divide-trade-tensions-pandemic-and-unemployment-carnage-yet-markets-rally-on-reopening-joy

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I was hoping to get a PR. Work for a few years and do an Ex-MBA. Is this year a viable option for PR?
For FSW EE, scores will likely be 471+ for the foreseeable future. Most likely 475 atleast at the start. Will it ever come back to 471? Who knows, but if it does it will take a few months

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
For FSW EE, scores will likely be 471+ for the foreseeable future. Most likely 475 atleast at the start. Will it ever come back to 471? Who knows, but if it does it will take a few months
I think it will drop after few rounds since not as many applicants are added to the pool as before. Maybe to 465~470 range.
But ofc it will start with 475+

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I think it will drop after few rounds since not as many applicants are added to the pool as before. Maybe to 465~470 range.
But ofc it will start with 475+
How can you say it's going to go down when it hasn't gone down from 469 since December 2019 and even higher before that

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Ok if you can predict a future, tell me when i ll find a future wife
i think what will happen express entry will move NOIs in future. this way the different province can choose people they need. people will pay more to migrate to canada which will make the province make some money and that way we will stand better chance of being a success when we get to canada. so this way of people moving to canada with not sure of future will get less.

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
i think what will happen express entry will move NOIs in future. this way the different province can choose people they need. people will pay more to migrate to canada which will make the province make some money and that way we will stand better chance of being a success when we get to canada. so this way of people moving to canada with not sure of future will get less.
No way, what you said cannot be done instantly and a lot of bureaucratic rules and stuff are involved. I dont think it will happen anytime soon

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
I can see immigration changing. Especially, with 16% unemployment and a slow return to normal. As it stands the best method to immigrate is to do a 2 year masters degree in Canada and gain appropriate experience with CRS scores going to 470 and likely to stay that way this may be the best and most effective method of immigration. There are just too many international students doing diplomas and degrees and they are less likely to gain a high CRS score due to a lack of experience. This is just my two cents.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I can see immigration changing. Especially, with 16% unemployment and a slow return to normal. As it stands the best method to immigrate is to do a 2 year masters degree in Canada and gain appropriate experience with CRS scores going to 470 and likely to stay that way this may be the best and most effective method of immigration. There are just too many international students doing diplomas and degrees and they are less likely to gain a high CRS score due to a lack of experience. This is just my two cents.
Immigration change may happen in the future but not anytime soon everyone needs to understand this. In the States government tried to revoke H4 EAD for past 4 years but they were not successful. There will be a lot of court battles, public opinions etc (assuming US and Canada have similar bureaucratic processes).

canadaimmigrant173

Dec 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I wouldn't recommend this at all - significantly expensive option. Completing a Masters program in your home country with three years of experience, and maxing out IELTS will put you at 481 CRS score if you are below 30 years old. Signs point towards FSW draws happening soon and early data in the US suggests that unemployment is reducing with the economy opening - similar trend will follow in Canada.

Additionally, some Canadian employers prefer high ranked global masters programs than Canadian degrees. Do well in IELTS, gather quality 3 year experience in your home/alternate country/Canada, pursue a graduate degree (within Canada or outside) that is well recognized globally seems to give you great odds and may prove to be less expensive.

Also, lot of people here are thinking short term. Assuming you are going for Canadian citizenship, after obtaining the passport, one can pursue international employment opportunities to maximize income potential - but for this, a good university on your resume is key.

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
we CEC people are indeed, sweating and we can say the same for FSW people. we all are desperate for ITAs. So far my faith is don't have too much hope for either draw, the disappointment will break you.

Reactions: lone_ranger