Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Guys, can I create a profile with my ECA still in progress? I have over 10 years experience and currently working as vp marketing. Mentioning this because it would be weird to not show any education and be working with such a profile. Please advise!
Yes you can create your profile without ECA being done. You have to give your credentials ( Bachelors or masters) but you have to mention that ECA is not complete in the applicable field.
The reason why you cannot update this upfront, while you wait for ECA is because it counts as misrepresentation. I have heard in this forum when the immigration officer rejects an application for misrepresentation when they match the ECA date received vs the date when you have received your ITA.
If they see you have received ECA report after you got your ITA- that counts for misrepresentation.

So be patient and avoid a ban!

Reactions: Mandeepchadha85

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Yes you can create your profile without ECA being done. You have to give your credentials ( Bachelors or masters) but you have to mention that ECA is not complete in the applicable field.
The reason why you cannot update this upfront, while you wait for ECA is because it counts as misrepresentation. I have heard in this forum when the immigration officer rejects an application for misrepresentation when they match the ECA date received vs the date when you have received your ITA.
If they see you have received ECA report after you got your ITA- that counts for misrepresentation.

Makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019

Exactly. Happened with a dude. The dude without ECA had around 380 points but still updated as if he had his ECA report. That dude was keen in getting ITA -> submitted all the docs -> attached ECA later (after ITA and before AOR) -> application rejected with a 5 year ban or something.
Dude is now regretting that.
So we must never play smart with these ppl.
Must be safe and sound

Reactions: joconstantine

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Exactly. Happened with a dude. The dude without ECA had around 380 points but still updated as if he had his ECA report. That dude was keen in getting ITA -> submitted all the docs -> attached ECA later (after ITA and before AOR) -> application rejected with a 5 year ban or something.
Dude is now regretting that.
So we must never play smart with these ppl.
Must be safe and sound
Exactly. @Mandeepchadha85 I would carefully read whatever you are filling out. If it asks you "do you have an ECA?", you need to select "no", That question pertains to whether you have the final report, not whether you have applied to receive an ECA. As far as I can remember, there were report numbers that I needed to enter the pool, such as for a completed IELTS, so the same may apply for ECA. The medicals I didn't have to do, but I even had that final number already, as an upfront UMI.

This page walks you through how to create an EE profile.

This page tells you what documents you need to do so, and it specifies you need an ECA report.

The last thing you want to do is take chances with a government, especially not one that you're asking to let you become a permanent resident. Read instructions carefully, do everything by the book, and wait to see if you get chosen.

So, my advice, is to get all your paperwork together first, then enter the pool. Then you know you're ready if you receive an ITA. Like me. Right now, I have 481 CRS, and as soon as FSW draws resume, I assume I will be drawn, and I have every single hard copy document I could need, so I can submit my official application within seconds of receiving an ITA. That's a good position to be in. :)

rdsilva

Apr 1, 2020
Hey all, I have a question.

I got this email from Ontario:
Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

What does that mean?

What's the difference of it and the FSW draw?

I am FSW 483 and running a PhD here in Ontario.

Tks.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Thanks, my noc is in that list. What is the difference to go through Ontario or wait for FSW? Does it take 2 years like the normal Oinp?

If the only difference is the price..
Nope, it will take 2-3 months to get a nomination letter once you apply for it. Once you get it, it will add 600 points to your profile which will guarantee you an ITA in the next round. Considering the current situation, I would say it is worth the money to apply for it as we are not sure when the general (FSW) draws will return. The only drawback with this method is if the general draws resume before you get your nomination letter and get an ITA without it, you will lose the application fees that you paid for OINP ($1500). If you have the money, go for it by all means.

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Exactly. @Mandeepchadha85 I would carefully read whatever you are filling out. If it asks you "do you have an ECA?", you need to select "no", That question pertains to whether you have the final report, not whether you have applied to receive an ECA. As far as I can remember, there were report numbers that I needed to enter the pool, such as for a completed IELTS, so the same may apply for ECA. The medicals I didn't have to do, but I even had that final number already, as an upfront UMI.

This page walks you through how to create an EE profile.

This page tells you what documents you need to do so, and it specifies you need an ECA report.

The last thing you want to do is take chances with a government, especially not one that you're asking to let you become a permanent resident. Read instructions carefully, do everything by the book, and wait to see if you get chosen.

So, my advice, is to get all your paperwork together first, then enter the pool. Then you know you're ready if you receive an ITA. Like me. Right now, I have 481 CRS, and as soon as FSW draws resume, I assume I will be drawn, and I have every single hard copy document I could need, so I can submit my official application within seconds of receiving an ITA. That's a good position to be in. :)
Thanks buddy, for that detailed answer! My next question is that I'm also secondary applicant on my wife's profile. However, under my education, i have put in secondary school as of now because i don't have eca support bachelor's or masters. Is that ok? As far as I remeber, I didn't see an option which says no education.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Thanks buddy, for that detailed answer! My next question is that I'm also secondary applicant on my wife's profile. However, under my education, i have put in secondary school as of now because i don't have eca support bachelor's or masters. Is that ok? As far as I remeber, I don't see an option which says no education.
I think there's an option for you to select you don't have an ECA for it (for the spouse's education). You can declare your real education level and just indicate you don't have an ECA for it.

Reactions: Dave1111

cali_ljz

May 6, 2020
Nope, you need to enter the exact day you received your ECA report in your EE profile.
Hey, could you explain why is that? I created my profile before I got my ECA and updated it with ECA report (which changed my score). Will that not work? Thanks.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hey, could you explain why is that? I created my profile before I got my ECA and updated it with ECA report (which changed my score). Will that not work? Thanks.
You can modify your EE profile any number of times before receiving ITA. If you entered wrong ECA report date in your EE profile, got ITA and entered correct date during e-APR, this is considered as misrepresentation and your application will be rejected and as others have said, you could also get banned for 5 years.

Haphazard

Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys just a question I had submitted my application on Feb 2 , 2020 with CRS score of 454 but have not received any ITA, is it due to higher number of candidates being selected ?

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hi guys just a question I had submitted my application on Feb 2 , 2020 with CRS score of 454 but have not received any ITA, is it due to higher number of candidates being selected ?
Are you Federal Skilled Worker or Canadian Experience Class?

Since March the draws are only happening for CEC & PNP.