+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
As someone who has gone through this stream (HCP), OINP Ontario seems to have a window into CRS scores FSW draw or range of scores. Usually they conduct draws in the lower range of future FSW draws. But i can't believe next FSW draw could be at 501 CRS.
January 2018: Retake IELTS, create account immediately get NoI from oinp. Don't want to take Ontario path as my CRS is 436 and EE draws are running 441-445. April 2018: Reluctantly accept Ontario nomination as CRS doesn't come down on the last day, submit all documents.
I receive NOID in June. Some back and forth with Ontario and finally nomination in July end. Unlike the general idea PNP takes a long time to process you eventually get the documents but the process is slow. I am grateful for having had that route and having a way to make it to Canada.
Not all dudes can enter the pool as it was before. Some of the tremendously aspired dudes that are preparing IELTS like fire will have to wait as most IELTS centers in India are not opening up and if it does, it is not gonna run the show with full capacity. So dudes cannot keep entering the pool as it was before.
Secondly, ECA bodies such as WES or CES or IQAS are all completely exhausted with the insane amount of ECAs (90 percent from Indian dudes) and they have lengthened their processing time (they too need some rest from dudes that keep sending transcripts, after all, they too are humans). IQAS has even gone a step ahead and stopped taking applications.
Plus as Universities too are not opening up in India yet, not many transcripts will be obtained by those highly motivated dudes.
All in all, yes, the score would be 470 plus in the first FSW draw (when the govt invites FSW dudes) but gradually, it should and will come down.
Not sure why you guys do not think all this.
So ITAs will no longer be a thing only for the 470s (that have been taking all the ITAs for the past 8 months) but will be to everyone.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Not all dudes can enter the pool as it was before. Some of the tremendously aspired dudes that are preparing IELTS like fire will have to wait as most IELTS centers in India are not opening up and if it does, it is not gonna run the show with full capacity. So dudes cannot keep entering the pool as it was before.
Secondly, ECA bodies such as WES or CES or IQAS are all completely exhausted with the insane amount of ECAs (90 percent from Indian dudes) and they have lengthened their processing time (they too need some rest from dudes that keep sending transcripts, after all, they too are humans). IQAS has even gone a step ahead and stopped taking applications.
Plus as Universities too are not opening up in India yet, not many transcripts will be obtained by those highly motivated dudes.
All in all, yes, the score would be 470 plus in the first FSW draw (when the govt invites FSW dudes) but gradually, it should and will come down.
So ITAs will no longer be a thing only for the 470s (that have been taking all the ITAs for the past 8 months) but will be to everyone.
It seems to me that Ontario conducts their draw after right after an Express Entry draw but they don't announce until one week later. So people who have received ITAs in the previous draw are out of the "consideration" list, and Ontario would filter the next candidates in line, which resulted in a range of slightly lower scores.
However, there had been no FSW draws for months, it was logical that FSW candidates from 471-501 received the notifications. It has nothing to do with whether the next draw is CEC or all-program.
The good news is that, unlike the previous tech draw, Ontario did consider FSW candidates.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I'm one of the recipients of yesterday's OINP nominations. The cut off seems to be 471 and my CRS will drop below that in a few weeks time. Will I be able to respond/accept the nomination after that happens?

Seeing that there are no definite guarantees reg FSW (some say its unlikely until Sep), should I just accept this and move forward?
Yes, apply ASAP. It doesn't matter if your score drops since you already received the NOI.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It seems to me that Ontario conducts their draw after right after an Express Entry draw but they don't announce until one week later. So people who have received ITAs in the previous draw are out of the "consideration" list, and Ontario would filter the next candidates in line, which resulted in a range of slightly lower scores.
However, there had been no FSW draws for months, it was logical that FSW candidates from 471-501 received the notifications. It has nothing to do with whether the next draw is CEC or all-program.
The good news is that, unlike the previous tech draw, Ontario did consider FSW candidates.
Previous tech draw had FSW candidates with Canadian work experience only that it was not in the last three years so they qualified under FSW.

monti12

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Did anyone try to contact with IRCC (on tweeter) regarding this email many people received few days ago? Seems like IRCC replied many inquires but not this one.

Obviously it seems like a glitch but would be good to receive an explanation from offical source.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Did anyone try to contact with IRCC (on tweeter) regarding this email many people received few days ago? Seems like IRCC replied many inquires but not this one.

Obviously it seems like a glitch but would be good to receive an explanation from offical source.
Someone here earlier in this thread did say that IRCC tweeted about a glitch. Not sure if a link was provided though. I wouldn't worry yourself about it.

Reactions: monti12

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Previous tech draw had FSW candidates with Canadian work experience only that it was not in the last three years so they qualified under FSW.
Yes, But it is still a good sign. :)
I only want to rest assured that they don't cancel FSW draws altogether.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
i dont think that FSW draws will resume untill the travel restrictions get lifted. Simple as that.
Another thing,all countries that surround Canada ,are the ones which experience skyrocketing CoVid numbers, including Peru,Mexico,Chile, along with biggest Express entry contributor India which almost hit 10 000 cases yesterday, with having done 2000 tests per million (which is very low number meaning authorities hide real numbers which could have been ten times more).
So, i would say probably Mid July/August would be the time.
In India, it is possible that numbers are being 'hidden'. But, it's more a case of a poor reporting structure. I can tell you though that it won't be far behind Russia in the future.

Reactions: nat.abramovich

DreamerT

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello everyone..I am an FSW waiting at 474 since March end...Yesterday i received NOI under ONIP. On some preliminary research i found that both the fees as well as the processing time are high in case of PNP...and instead of paying more and waiting another 3 months to actually receive a nomination, waiting for fsw draw is a better choice....any opinions/advices?
can anyone help me out on this?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Which course did you study there? And which university? If you don't mind .Thanks
No problem. I did a two-year diploma in Computer Networking at Cambrian College, Sudbury.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Purpose of the post is not to argue. Just to be of help to someone who has a option and has to decide. The CRS scores have gradually gone up since late 2017. During the 60 days I waited on FSW draws the scores did not come below 440( the lowest score oinp invited). After that i have followed most of Ontario draws and they always invite right below fsw draw. I am not saying I know future ( nobody does ) but in past that has been the trend and I hope people who have invitation particularly if they may lose points in future should choose based on data not on hope. Rest I hope Canada remains inviting to everyone and there are FSW draws soon.

Saleemasif3088

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hello everybody,

I need you all to guide me on my PR dream/situation.

Scenario No. 1-

Right now standing at 470 (EE made on Mar 05, 2020) with (wife's' 3 years more experience+ both Ielts+ both two or more degrees equivalency+sibling points). Wife is the secondary applicant, myself primary. Wife did BBA 4 years and MBA 1.5 years. I did BCOM 2 years and MBA 3.5 years. In my 470 score, if I deduct 15 points of my Canadian brother then it becomes 455 which means it will be difficult for me to get an ITA with 455.
Wife's Ielts is expiring on Aug 18, 2020, brother is also waiting for the borders to get open so that he moves out from Canada so will lose that 15 precious points too. The ideal situation for me is if FSW draws happens in June or July then I will get an ITA with 470,
"so how many days will I have ? 60 ? 90 ? or days till the date of Ielts expiry i.e Aug 18,2020 ?"

Scenario No. 2-

In worst case scenario, if draws wont happen till Aug 18, 2020 and brother also moved out then I am thinking to reassess my wife's equivalency from IQAS/CES and if she gets Masters equivalency then it will boost CRS score and in the meantime she will appear for Ielts too then score becomes 464 with (wife's 3 years more experience+both Ielts+ wifes masters equivalency+ mine two or more).
"Will I get an ITA with 464 in 2021 ?"

Scenario No. 3-

In connection with Scenario No. 2-, if my wife applies without me then her score becomes 472 with (3 years more experience+Ielts+masters equivalency).
"
So what are the chances of getting ITA with that score in 2021?" In ideal situation if she gets an ITA with that score and PR as well,
"how I will apply for immigration once she gets PR
?"

Any input will be appreciated. I am just a dreamer thinking for the alternatives.

Thanks in advance.
Majid
The best option is that you request your brother somehow to staty in canada. I dont think qatar would be good option for fim during this global crisis, provided that he intend not to help you.
The other option where your wife goes alone is also feasible but it will take years for you to land in canada. I dont know exact processing time but I know people who adopted this route and it took almost 3 years, since first partner got ITA, for both of them to be in canada together.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
can anyone help me out on this?
Prepare your documents to submit for the OINP nomination, you have i believe 45 days to respond and submit your application with all the relevant documents. So you can wait and see if you qualify in the draws leading up to the deadline, if you do then just apply directly and refuse the nomination, if you can't then submit your OINP application to receive the provincial nomination before the deadline.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hello everybody,

I need you all to guide me on my PR dream/situation.

Scenario No. 1-

Right now standing at 470 (EE made on Mar 05, 2020) with (wife's' 3 years more experience+ both Ielts+ both two or more degrees equivalency+sibling points). Wife is the secondary applicant, myself primary. Wife did BBA 4 years and MBA 1.5 years. I did BCOM 2 years and MBA 3.5 years. In my 470 score, if I deduct 15 points of my Canadian brother then it becomes 455 which means it will be difficult for me to get an ITA with 455.
Wife's Ielts is expiring on Aug 18, 2020, brother is also waiting for the borders to get open so that he moves out from Canada so will lose that 15 precious points too. The ideal situation for me is if FSW draws happens in June or July then I will get an ITA with 470,
"so how many days will I have ? 60 ? 90 ? or days till the date of Ielts expiry i.e Aug 18,2020 ?"

Scenario No. 2-

In worst case scenario, if draws wont happen till Aug 18, 2020 and brother also moved out then I am thinking to reassess my wife's equivalency from IQAS/CES and if she gets Masters equivalency then it will boost CRS score and in the meantime she will appear for Ielts too then score becomes 464 with (wife's 3 years more experience+both Ielts+ wifes masters equivalency+ mine two or more).
"Will I get an ITA with 464 in 2021 ?"

Scenario No. 3-

In connection with Scenario No. 2-, if my wife applies without me then her score becomes 472 with (3 years more experience+Ielts+masters equivalency).
"
So what are the chances of getting ITA with that score in 2021?" In ideal situation if she gets an ITA with that score and PR as well,
"how I will apply for immigration once she gets PR
?"

Any input will be appreciated. I am just a dreamer thinking for the alternatives.

Thanks in advance.
Majid
Scenario 1:
Does your brother already have a job outside Canada lined-up or is that just his intention for now? I'm not sure when they check the sibling's presence in Canada as part of someone's application, but it's implied they will be there at least until the application is approved. So if he's leaving during this period, no point relying on these points.

Scenario 2:
464 seems a bit low for your wife's profile especially if she's gaining points for a Master's degree. She losing points for age? I would definitely get her degree assessed by IQAS/CES if Scenario 1 falls through, but that would take time. Do you both have at least CLB 9 in IELTS? 464 in 2021 seems hard to me, not saying it's impossible but with general draws i don't expect it to fall below at least the high 460's in the most optimistic scenario. I think the cut-off score not falling below 470 is more realistic.

Scenario 3:
It complicates matter, i've heard IRCC are cracking down on people putting their spouses as non-accompanying to boost their points, although many still do so and get approved. It can take up to a year for your spouse to sponsor you, although most people are processed in less time.

Have either of you considered learning French and taking a French language test? Have you tried pursuing a provincial nomination? Lots of provinces would like an educated, working couple.