+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

DreamerT

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello everyone..I am an FSW waiting at 474 since March end...Yesterday i received NOI under ONIP. On some preliminary research i found that both the fees as well as the processing time are high in case of PNP...and instead of paying more and waiting another 3 months to actually receive a nomination, waiting for fsw draw is a better choice....any opinions/advices?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hi guys! I am new to this forum can someone please explain what will be the advantages of accepting NOI and applying under ONIP. And how will applying affect my application as an FSW candidate.
Hi,
If you obtain the nomination (PNP) by accepting the offer and submitting the ONIP application, you will be given an additional 600 points. Moreover, while FSW draws have been suspended, candidates with PNP have still been invited. In other words, PNP gives you a confirmed ticket to Canada.

Reactions: InternationalMallu

SwP

Apr 7, 2020
Collect all documents and wait toward the end of the 45 day deadline. If you don't receive ITA by then, submit the application, it will take 2-3 months to get nominated and if you receive ITA during this time, you can ignore OINP nomination or you can decline the ITA and wait for the nomination, upto you.
Just wanted to clear one thing - does a profile still continue be eligible for ITA directly even while waiting for a provincial nomination?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Just wanted to clear one thing - does a profile still continue be eligible for ITA directly even while waiting for a provincial nomination?
Yes both portals work completely independently. If you receive ITA before nomination, your profile will be out of the pool and OINP cannot nominate you and they will stop working on your application. You either need to go ahead with the ITA or decline it and send an email to OINP with proof that you declined the invitation so that they can continue working your application and nominate you. To get nominated, your profile needs to be in the pool. All of this is mentioned on some official ontario.ca page but I am unable to find it.

Reactions: SwP

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
Hello everybody,

I need you all to guide me on my PR dream/situation.

Scenario No. 1-

Right now standing at 470 (EE made on Mar 05, 2020) with (wife's' 3 years more experience+ both Ielts+ both two or more degrees equivalency+sibling points). Wife is the secondary applicant, myself primary. Wife did BBA 4 years and MBA 1.5 years. I did BCOM 2 years and MBA 3.5 years. In my 470 score, if I deduct 15 points of my Canadian brother then it becomes 455 which means it will be difficult for me to get an ITA with 455.
Wife's Ielts is expiring on Aug 18, 2020, brother is also waiting for the borders to get open so that he moves out from Canada so will lose that 15 precious points too. The ideal situation for me is if FSW draws happens in June or July then I will get an ITA with 470,
"so how many days will I have ? 60 ? 90 ? or days till the date of Ielts expiry i.e Aug 18,2020 ?"

Scenario No. 2-

In worst case scenario, if draws wont happen till Aug 18, 2020 and brother also moved out then I am thinking to reassess my wife's equivalency from IQAS/CES and if she gets Masters equivalency then it will boost CRS score and in the meantime she will appear for Ielts too then score becomes 464 with (wife's 3 years more experience+both Ielts+ wifes masters equivalency+ mine two or more).
"Will I get an ITA with 464 in 2021 ?"

Scenario No. 3-

In connection with Scenario No. 2-, if my wife applies without me then her score becomes 472 with (3 years more experience+Ielts+masters equivalency).
"
So what are the chances of getting ITA with that score in 2021?" In ideal situation if she gets an ITA with that score and PR as well,
"how I will apply for immigration once she gets PR
?"

Any input will be appreciated. I am just a dreamer thinking for the alternatives.

Thanks in advance.
Majid

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
Hello all,. Please did anyone still in the pool get a message like the one below?

Subject: We updated your application status (E00...............)

Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Application number: E00................
Your application status has changes.

To check what's changed with your application's status:

1. Sign in to your account.

a145m20

Jun 1, 2020
Yes both portals work completely independently. If you receive ITA before nomination, your profile will be out of the pool and OINP cannot nominate you and they will stop working on your application. You either need to go ahead with the ITA or decline it and send an email to OINP with proof that you declined the invitation so that they can continue working your application and nominate you. To get nominated, your profile needs to be in the pool. All of this is mentioned on some official ontario.ca page but I am unable to find it.
If i get ITA before nomination will the ONIP application fees be refunded?

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hi! Last night I received a mail from IRCC that my Online status for application ### has changed... When I logged in to my IRCC account my application is not there at all... Can someone tell me what could be the reason? I created this application in Sep 2019 and from April 2020my CRS score is 485 for FSW... Looks like I have the Ontario Nomination as my NOC is 1114 other financial officers...

aonanuga002

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Hi! Last night I received a mail from IRCC that my Online status for application ### has changed... When I logged in to my IRCC account my application is not there at all... Can someone tell me what could be the reason? I created this application in Sep 2019 and from April 2020my CRS score is 485 for FSW... Looks like I have the Ontario Nomination as my NOC is 1114 other financial officers...
Sam here...when I logged in I noticed my application was withdrawn....had to create another profile

Yousafali89

Aug 26, 2019
This is exactly what I said to myself. In fact, PR was not in my mind when I landed in Canada. I focused on my studies and ended up getting a full-time job in IT which paid me more than minimum wage. I can't imagine making my ends meet working multiple minimum wage jobs (I did it as a student). It is just so miserable that you are better off in your home country, This comment might be controversial and might make a lot of people angry but it is what it is, you do not come to Canada as a skilled profession to work minimum wage jobs. It's fine if you are doing it in your first few months or a year but beyond it, you are just pushing it as you will run out of your savings!
Which course did you study there? And which university? If you don't mind .Thanks

SwP

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks a lot for the clarification!

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Appreciate the advice. So you would suggest ignoring the NOI?

Why does it seem like there’s a catch to this stream
As someone who has gone through this stream (HCP), OINP Ontario seems to have a window into CRS scores FSW draw or range of scores. Usually they conduct draws in the lower range of future FSW draws. But i can't believe next FSW draw could be at 501 CRS.
January 2018: Retake IELTS, create account immediately get NoI from oinp. Don't want to take Ontario path as my CRS is 436 and EE draws are running 441-445. April 2018: Reluctantly accept Ontario nomination as CRS doesn't come down on the last day, submit all documents.
I receive NOID in June. Some back and forth with Ontario and finally nomination in July end. Unlike the general idea PNP takes a long time to process you eventually get the documents but the process is slow. I am greatful for having had that route and having a way to make it to Canada.

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I'm one of the recipients of yesterday's OINP nominations. The cut off seems to be 471 and my CRS will drop below that in a few weeks time. Will I be able to respond/accept the nomination after that happens?

Seeing that there are no definite guarantees reg FSW (some say its unlikely until Sep), should I just accept this and move forward?

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
i dont think that FSW draws will resume untill the travel restrictions get lifted. Simple as that.
Another thing,all countries that surround Canada ,are the ones which experience skyrocketing CoVid numbers, including Peru,Mexico,Chile, along with biggest Express entry contributor India which almost hit 10 000 cases yesterday, with having done 2000 tests per million (which is very low number meaning authorities hide real numbers which could have been ten times more).
So, i would say probably Mid July/August would be the time.