+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Well now the H1-B visa is a mess, but i'm sure if Trump loses the election or once he's out of office, it will go back to normal parameters.

And if you're Canadian, you're not too bothered about remaining in the U.S long term, you always have a great country like Canada to go back to.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
true. As for H1B, that's a bit of an effed up topic to discuss, eh? Spoke to someone the other day on a TN. His feedback was that the major downside is most jobs are at will (zero notice on both sides). Salary is higher, lesser traffic compared to the GTA (Nashville, TN).
cant wait for TN. the salaries in US for someone in my role makes me wanna cry. no amount of free healthcare will cover that.

Reactions: zagcollins

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My score is 443 but I have not received the invitation to apply till now , can some one please help ?
Do you have at least one year of Canadian work experience?

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: shinoshino

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hello All,

My sister has got admission to study in Quebec and is planning to get the study visa (Jan intake). Going by the assumption that her study visa gets approved (obviously, it should as everything else is done), will her spouse be able to travel to Quebec along with her on a Spousal Open Work Permit.
It is a one year course and they are married 3 years ago. My bro-in-law's mother is here and that reason can be used in case to show the VO about the strong ties with India.
It is a 1 year program that my sister is gonna study and after that, she shud be eligible for a 1 year work permit and this can make her spouse to gain 2 year work permit (if I'm not wrong).
So can someone throw some light on this (I mean, about the requirements of a SOWP). Also, are there chances that my bro-in-law's OWP be rejected as well?
Will be really really nice if one of you give a detailed insight

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I agree there will probably be a drop in ITAs, however we've seen that despite the pandemic, IRCC are committed to having draws consistently throughout this period.

If there was going to be a significant change i doubt they would have done so, because the cut-off scores have obviously dropped a lot because only CECs are being invited.

To be honest, if they wanted to cut immigration by so much, this would be an ideal time to suspend draws entirely until the situation improved.

They've still shown they want to invite candidates.

Remember also that immigration is made up of different categories, some which are not aligned with Express Entry. There are many programs which are bigger candidates for cuts than EE.

Also it could also mean a reduction in sponsorship for parents and relatives, and cuts to refugee intake.

It doesn't mean all of the cuts will be borne by economic immigration.

Reactions: shinoshino

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I agree there will probably be a drop in ITAs, however we've seen that despite the pandemic, IRCC are committed to having draws consistently throughout this period.

If there was going to be a significant change i doubt they would have done so, because the cut-off scores have obviously dropped a lot because only CECs are being invited.

To be honest, if they wanted to cut immigration by so much, this would be an ideal time to suspend draws entirely until the situation improved.

They've still shown they want to invite candidates.

Remember also that immigration is made up of different categories, some which are not aligned with Express Entry. There are many programs which are bigger candidates for cuts than EE.

Also it could also mean a reduction in sponsorship for parents and relatives, and cuts to refugee intake.

It doesn't mean all of the cuts will be borne by economic immigration.
Canada wants immigrants to move to rural areas but most don't and to be honest I don't blame them

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Also, are there chances that my bro-in-law's OWP be rejected as well?
There are always chances of OWP rejection for spouses. There are quite a few cases on this forum where people have reported such cases. Having said that there is no way anyone can speculate what would be the outcome for your brother in law. The positives are that they have been married for over 3 years so atleast visa officer won't have a doubt that marriage was done to obtain a OWP. But they would need to prove strong ties to home country to convince the officer that they will go back after the studies are complete.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Canada wants immigrants to move to rural areas but most don't and to be honest I don't blame them
It is a catch 22 situation. People won't move to rural places unless there are enough jobs and other infrastructure like enough schools, hospitals etc. And jobs won't be created unless there are enough talented people to hire for companies. I haven't seen anything specifically being done by Canada to address the issues. It could just be my ignorance though.