+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Canada wants immigrants to move to rural areas but most don't and to be honest I don't blame them
Well if there were incentives do to so, maybe more people would want to.

If you got PR just through EE without a nomination like many do, and you're thinking of where you'd settle, it's obvious you'll gravitate to a big city. If there was an incentive provided to move to a rural area i think people would consider it more.

I like wide open spaces, but am i gonna get a job and support if i move to small town Canada?

I wouldn't even know which town to go to.

Maybe there should be a system of invitations from towns, cities and provinces to invite people who already have PR, and which say come check us out, or there are opportunities here for someone in your profession, or whatever would entice them.

Last edited:

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Sure, but remember how interlinked Canada and the U.S are, if they are implementing a ban on Chinese postgrads, Canada will likely do something similar but they'll do it quietly.

aklsdfj

May 20, 2020
Fair enough. It remains to be seen how this will be implemented and how strictly is it enforced. This is billion of $ in lost money if all visas are banned (which will probably not happen).

aklsdfj

May 20, 2020
I think the suspension is mainly for masters and Phds who are associated with PLA (People's Liberation Army).
Majority of the students don't have that kind of military background.
Incorrect. Did you look at the list of universities I posted? That list has appeared on official state dept websites - https://www.state.gov/chinas-military-civil-fusion-strategy-poses-a-risk-to-national-security/

To give you an example, Tsinghua (MIT of China) is classified as high risk and has precedent for espionage. So top students at top universities are also affected. Students don't need to have military background. The universities and research areas need to have.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Incorrect. Did you look at the list of universities I posted? That list has appeared on official state dept websites - https://www.state.gov/chinas-military-civil-fusion-strategy-poses-a-risk-to-national-security/

To give you an example, Tsinghua (MIT of China) is classified as high risk and has precedent for espionage. So top students at top universities are also affected. Students don't need to have military background. The universities and research areas need to have.
I agree, this will be a wide-ranging ban and i think they will ban students by subject, so i don't think any Chinese students will be able to study for STEM postgraduate degrees in the U.S, and potentially Canada as well.

It's a big move, no mistake about that.

Eve 91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Tough situation. Do everything you can to get the letter. Even if that means traveling and showing up at the workplace, talking to other teammates, whatever.
Finally got the letter after waiting for more than a month but there is a problem I copied and paste the job duties on the NOC website on the sample letter I gave to them. They did nothing about that and gave me the same letter on the company's letterhead. Can this lead to refusal since the company is in Canada

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Finally got the letter after waiting for more than a month but there is a problem I copied and paste the job duties on the NOC website on the sample letter I gave to them. They did nothing about that and gave me the same letter on the company's letterhead. Can this lead to refusal since the company is in Canada
Yes, your application will be refused 100%, happened to a few people on this forum. Those duties on the NOC website are general guidelines and there is no way your actual job that you did will match them word to word. That reference letter will lead the VO to believe it is fake or your employer is bogus. How can you make such a big mistake?