+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
July is realistic for resumption of all program draws, June still seems a bit too optimistic. They're being cautious and i understand why, CEC should enjoy this golden opportunity in the meantime.

But i don't think any later than July.

Reactions: aklsdfj

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You could be right too. Everyone here is free to express their opinions. It seems you only want to hear what you want to hear. Good luck to you.
Haha, buddy, I'm keen to hear anything anyone has to say. I'm always extremely open-minded. But if I think something is deserving of debate, or lacking in factual consideration, I will bring that up here. I live in South Africa, and I know what's going on here. Neither of us work for IRCC or the Liberal Party, so neither of us know where their minds are at. Let's wait and see.
@ZAtoCD are you losing points due to age in the coming months? Just curious.
Fortunately not! :) I'm 26, so I'll have 481 for quite a long time. It's more just that I'd really like to move forward with my application processing, and not have my documents (which I got in advance) expire.

sharry_277

Mar 22, 2020
Hi guys, I have a quick question.
I did B.COM and did two years course in Canada as well.
What should i select here?

A) Bachelor's degree or,
B) Two or more certificates.

4) What is your level of education?
Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts for education points, but not for bonus points in your profile or application.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Hey....does anyone here have any idea on how well IELTS is resuming these days??

Just want to have an idea on how soon the usual influx of candidates will resume.. Im at 460 thought I'll have a chance if the FSW continued. But looks bleek now I guess.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I have seen this exact update on a FAQ kind of page in early March, this particular page was updated recently?
It was updated on May 29th, but... I don't see any new information that could actually point to a reopening of the FSW program. I'm not getting why people are seeing this update as a positive indication of anything. Could someone please help me understand which segment of the site is pointing towards a possible call for FSW candidates?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
It was updated on May 29th, but... I don't see any new information that could actually point to a reopening of the FSW program. I'm not getting why people are seeing this update as a positive indication of anything. Could someone please help me understand which segment of the site is pointing towards a possible call for FSW candidates?
You are correct in saying there isn't anything explicit about FSW/general draws. People post these updates, as it means that the Immigration Minister/IRCC are adjusting some of their methods for EE. That could mean good news for FSWs. No one will know for sure until the next draw.

Chris1994

Jul 23, 2019
You are correct in saying there isn't anything explicit about FSW/general draws. People post these updates, as it means that the Immigration Minister/IRCC are adjusting some of their methods for EE. That could mean good news for FSWs. No one will know for sure until the next draw.
And because it states "These are COVID-19 program delivery instructions for applications for permanent residence (all programs)"

Nothing about only CEC+PNP programs

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I think they want to revert to general draws. If nothing is about to change, they wouldn't have felt the need to make an announcement - or so I thought. When they switched to PNP and CEC some 3months back, they didn't release these specifics with regards to application processes so if nothing is changing, they didn't need to make any announcements. That said, what I could deduce from the update is that they are open to processing all applications provided you have you supporting documents intact. Perchance, they figured that some FSW candidates have all their documents handy hence the need to give them a chance coupled with the fact that Canada actually need these immigrants. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the next draw but as always, I'll tilt towards a general draw with pretty high cut off point being the first draw general draw in a long while.