+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
reposting this from previous thread

I think CEC draws may run out of candidates in a few more CEC only draws. My logic is

• Most CEC candidates are likely to have more than 433 on CRS score. Most international students in Canada are masters students and are in their 20s and likely to have IELTS score of more than 6. They should have a minimum of 1 year Canadian work experience to be eligible as CEC candidates. Even If they don’t have any foreign experience they will be at 433.
  • CEC candidates make up only a small percentage of express entry pool, approx 15%(https://wenr.wes.org/2019/01/canadas-express-entry-immigration-system-changes-in-applicant-pool-and-behavior-after-its-implementation). Another proof for this is that there were more FSW candidates left behind in the score range that CEC candidates were picked up in the recent CEC only draws.
  • Cut of crs score decreased 27 points from 467 to 440 in six draws. So, if they continue CEC draws, the score will drop to 433 in one or two more draws and after that there might be very few CEC candidates.

So, below 433, IRCC will either switch to general draws or stop the draws all together till the pandemic subsides in all the countries.

What do you all think?
Remember that some cec are just people who worked in Canada on a working holiday visa, without studying. So that adds some lower scores. But it will definitely start to run low on cec at some point. I was surprised it dropped 7 points today

Ravz@

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hey guys i created profile on 9 march 2020 and received nominations today at 10:20 am
M canadian exp candidate .. 600+ 331 =931 total points
will i recieve ITA in this draw or next .. i dnt know about tie breaking rule

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020
I've already gave IELTS 4 times to achieve higher CRS score.

I'm not selfish or greedy about PR.
But I never though that i was able to get ITA too soon without CORONA.

Reactions: Rickyguggu

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
When FSW draws resume, high scoring candidates won't have a problem getting their ITAs. Even 472 upwards will get it eventually. It's people that are 469-472 and those that lose points due to age that will suffer the most.

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
This is indeed great news for older (5 points total for my age) Canadian temporary residents like myself who got their Masters here in Canada, is on a three year PGWP (2 years left), is currently working full-time here, already has 1 year Canadian work experience in a NOC A, and is here with a family who LOVES Canada and wants to stay permanently. I'm really beating up myself because I'm not even in the pool as yet. I am taking my IELTS test on Sunday. Had I had IELTS scores, I would have easily gotten an ITA with this 440 cutoff. But I will be ready in 2 weeks for the next draw. I really hope the trend continues, at least a little longer, for my sake and my family's sake.

Jen93

May 28, 2020
This is indeed great news for older (5 points total for my age) Canadian temporary residents like myself who got their Masters here in Canada, is on a three year PGWP (2 years left), is currently working full-time here, already has 1 year Canadian work experience in a NOC A, and is here with a family who LOVES Canada and wants to stay permanently. I'm really beating up myself because I'm not even in the pool as yet. I am taking my IELTS test on Sunday. Had I had IELTS scores, I would have easily gotten an ITA with this 440 cutoff. But I will be ready in 2 weeks for the next draw. I really hope the trend continues, at least a little longer, for my sake and my family's sake.
Hi where did you book your ielts test? It seems impossible for us in Toronto to take the ielts test on this Sunday. Mine is on 9 June but I’m not sure they will reschedule it or not.

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Hi where did you book your ielts test? It seems impossible for us in Toronto to take the ielts test on this Sunday. Mine is on 9 June but I’m not sure they will reschedule it or not.
I live in Vancouver, BC. They are offering the computer-based one (speaking is in person though). I booked at Eurocentres Vancouver. They also have offices in Toronto.

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
I live in Vancouver, BC. They are offering the computer-based one (speaking is in person though). I booked at Eurocentres Vancouver. They also have offices in Toronto.
There's one available on Saturday in Toronto, it seems.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello members, i have few questions on the last express entry draw where cut off was 440 in Canadian experience class, please help me here

1. My CRS score is 440 in Canadian experience class but i didn't receive the invitation yet, though i have created my profile just few weeks back so what is the chance here ?
2. Can we apply for Canadian work permit keeping express entry profile in pool or after receiving the PR invitation or after submitting the PR application ?

Thanks,
Cheers !
1. If you just created your profile a few weeks back, then it doesn't look like you are going to get ITA due to the tie breaking rule. You will have to wait for the next draw.
2. You can only apply for a BOWP after you have received ITA and have submitted your complete PR application. You must be holding a valid work permit at the time you apply for the BOWP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys i created profile on 9 march 2020 and received nominations today at 10:20 am
M canadian exp candidate .. 600+ 331 =931 total points
will i recieve ITA in this draw or next .. i dnt know about tie breaking rule
This was a CEC draw - so no, you won't receive ITA.

You have to wait for the next PNP draw.

Reactions: Ravz@

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Definitely, but at this point everyone is better off in Canada because of the uncertainty surrounding the H1-B visas and green card applications.

You can always work in the U.S with a nafta visa once you're a Canadian citizen.
if your line of work is in the list of NAFTA occupations. Honestly, I don't see the downside to living in Canada though. Just lower wages compared to our neighbour and really cold weather.

Am I saying I won't move to the US once I am a citizen? I am not. But, Canada is decent too.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
if your line of work is in the list of NAFTA occupations. Honestly, I don't see the downside to living in Canada though. Just lower wages compared to our neighbour and really cold weather.

Am I saying I won't move to the US once I am a citizen? I am not. But, Canada is decent too.
Yeah true, but most major skilled jobs are on the list, and you can always apply for an H1-B visa if you need one, if your employer is keen on taking you on board.

Sure, Canada is great and has many advantages the U.S doesn't have, such as being less populated, cleaner, less crime, and less polluted. Quality of life is also higher here, and we have a lot of benefits like healthcare here that they don't have south of the border. There's also a lot less racism here than in the states, and that's important when you're a visible minority.

I think really the only reason to move to the U.S is if you were to get a better job there, and maybe if you don't like the cold weather and want to move somewhere with a hotter climate.

You can always return to Canada as well, once you've worked there for a bit.