+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

cck1986

May 8, 2020
This is indeed great news for older (5 points total for my age) Canadian temporary residents like myself who got their Masters here in Canada, is on a three year PGWP (2 years left), is currently working full-time here, already has 1 year Canadian work experience in a NOC A, and is here with a family who LOVES Canada and wants to stay permanently. I'm really beating up myself because I'm not even in the pool as yet. I am taking my IELTS test on Sunday. Had I had IELTS scores, I would have easily gotten an ITA with this 440 cutoff. But I will be ready in 2 weeks for the next draw. I really hope the trend continues, at least a little longer, for my sake and my family's sake.
Can you please let us know in which place you are taking your IELTS as it is rescheduled for my friends in Toronto multiple times

Eve 91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Got ITA o April 17th. Have all my documents ready but waiting for comfirmation of employment letter from my previous employee. She is not answering my calls, emails, text messages or WhatsApp messages for more than one month. Don't know what to do. Can i create another express entry profile and remove her from my profile incase i don't hear from her. I'm afraid to cancel the invitation incase they stop doing CEC draw. Really confused and don't know what to do

aklsdfj

May 20, 2020
Got ITA o April 17th. Have all my documents ready but waiting for comfirmation of employment letter from my previous employee. She is not answering my calls, emails, text messages or WhatsApp messages for more than one month. Don't know what to do. Can i create another express entry profile and remove her from my profile incase i don't hear from her. I'm afraid to cancel the invitation incase they stop doing CEC draw. Really confused and don't know what to do
Oh man one of my friends had the same problem. Me and him worked for Goldman Sachs and Goldman refused to give anything other than the regular employment verification letter. He got a letter from some former teammate but those letters are usually hit or miss. Fortunately, he had enough work experience from other jobs (for which he could get the right letter) without affecting the CRS score. Try reaching out to some other teammate.

Eve 91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
That is the problem if i remove her, my score will drop and I'll not qualify for that particular round. Don't know whether to decline the ITA and wait for next CEC draw.

aklsdfj

May 20, 2020
Tough situation. Do everything you can to get the letter. Even if that means traveling and showing up at the workplace, talking to other teammates, whatever.

CRS468

May 29, 2020
I have a CRS Score of 468 (FSW applicant from India). I entered the pool in January 2020. I will lose 5 points in November due to age. What are my chances of receiving ITA?

MGR@2020

May 28, 2020
1. If you just created your profile a few weeks back, then it doesn't look like you are going to get ITA due to the tie breaking rule. You will have to wait for the next draw.
2. You can only apply for a BOWP after you have received ITA and have submitted your complete PR application. You must be holding a valid work permit at the time you apply for the BOWP.
Thanks for your response. On the question 2 ,actually I mean LMIA extempt closed work permit. Actually my company is also processing LMIA exempt closed work permit for me and in this situation if I keep my profile in express entry pool or get an ITA or apply for PR ,will it impact my work permit approval ? I heard some people saying we should not keep even express entry profile in pool whileLMIA exempt closed work permit under processing. Currently I am outside of Canada ,so please advise what should I do at this point ?

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
That is the problem if i remove her, my score will drop and I'll not qualify for that particular round. Don't know whether to decline the ITA and wait for next CEC draw.
I would advise you to get the documents. My story is I went through BCPNP. My lawyer decided to delay my document submission by two weeks in Feb 2019 because she wanted to apply through express entry BCPNP instead of paper based. Two weeks later the system completely changed and I could no longer get a nomination. I would advise to get the documents. Two weeks from now they may go back to FSW inclusive draws as this draw was done on Wednesday and Thursday instead of Thursday and Friday. I would not risk it.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I have a CRS Score of 468 (FSW applicant from India). I entered the pool in January 2020. I will lose 5 points in November due to age. What are my chances of receiving ITA?
My profile is exactly the same except my score is 469 so I would suggest you to forget about EE as anything can happen and come November, our chance will be gone forever. If you can, try to increase your score and get it to 470+ so that you may have chance in the future in case FSW draws are resumed.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Glad that some CECs who were waiting since a very long time are being blessed with ITAs
This is ur best chance and once all draws commence, the massive number of 470s waiting in the pool are once again gonna take away all the ITAs as usual
So do all that u can do to get above 440 CRS and clinch ITAs
470s were dominating the pool since September 2019 and were not allowing any other. Glad that this Corona is a blessing for u ppl
Once the economy reopens, it's gonna be only 470s taking every ITA.
Good luck to all CECs.
Hope Canada helps some more CECs till August and save some desperate CECs rather than handing everything once again to 470s

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
You will get it man. Do not worry.
Once all draws resume, you will be invited in 3 to 4 draws

Reactions: KuriousMind

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Any words of hope for me? I am FSW sitting at 480 but very worried and anxious that FSW draws won't happen again :(
You'll get in whenever FSW draws resume for sure. As for when they'll resume, that is still up in the air. As long as you aren't losing points in a few months you're safe. Even if you lose 5 points due to age, you'll still get in for sure in a draw or two max with 475.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response. On the question 2 ,actually I mean LMIA extempt closed work permit. Actually my company is also processing LMIA exempt closed work permit for me and in this situation if I keep my profile in express entry pool or get an ITA or apply for PR ,will it impact my work permit approval ? I heard some people saying we should not keep even express entry profile in pool whileLMIA exempt closed work permit under processing. Currently I am outside of Canada ,so please advise what should I do at this point ?
No, this won't impact your work permit approval.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Yeah true, but most major skilled jobs are on the list, and you can always apply for an H1-B visa if you need one, if your employer is keen on taking you on board.

Sure, Canada is great and has many advantages the U.S doesn't have, such as being less populated, cleaner, less crime, and less polluted. Quality of life is also higher here, and we have a lot of benefits like healthcare here that they don't have south of the border. There's also a lot less racism here than in the states, and that's important when you're a visible minority.

I think really the only reason to move to the U.S is if you were to get a better job there, and maybe if you don't like the cold weather and want to move somewhere with a hotter climate.

You can always return to Canada as well, once you've worked there for a bit.
true. As for H1B, that's a bit of an effed up topic to discuss, eh? Spoke to someone the other day on a TN. His feedback was that the major downside is most jobs are at will (zero notice on both sides). Salary is higher, lesser traffic compared to the GTA (Nashville, TN).

Reactions: indianstudent96