+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
And a second wave will destroy the economy further and that's why they are trying their best to make things better for us
What do you mean by a second wave? Can you please elaborate this to the entire forum? And when did the first wave end?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
How diverse will any country be if they have 85% of people coming from any 1 country? Canada claims to be seeking diversity but at some point it will stop
I see some truth in this statement. What makes Canada great is the melting pot of different cultures. But, if only few countries were to dominate immigration then imo it would be too many people isolating themselves in their own community

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi thank you so much for sparing your valuable time out for all the insights shared.Thank you for the good wishes and encouragement :) God bless!!
Hi! I have a small question, if you could guide me through it please
If I get my ITA and accept the invitation and visit canada,complete certain formalities and then come back to India (say within a month) and get married. How will my spouse be eligible to go back with me to canada. Please guide a bit please. I will be thankful! Thanks!

Reactions: aonanuga002

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020

Marziyeh

Aug 17, 2019
This is so ridiculous, bcuz CEC candidates get extra points in CRS once for their canadian experience and once again by CEC-specific draw...this means they get twin benefits (hahahaaaa...such a funny system)......IRCC is better come and say clearly that FSW stream is useless.

Marziyeh

Aug 17, 2019
I don’t get why an article from CICnews makes you “say for sure” that only CECs will be invited. It’s just an opinion article. It has the same value as any post in this forum.
I just meant they are in priority, which means there will definitely be much more CEC draws than FSW.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Now we can say for sure that IRCC will keep considering CEC candidates with much higher priority, even after the pandemic is over....check below:

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/04/why-canadian-experience-is-important-when-selecting-immigrants-0414170.html#gs.4vzv8t
This site , CICNEWS, is not in any way affiliated with IRCC or the Canadian Government. CICNEWS is run by the same company that operates this forum so articles on there can often be considered opinions much same as this forum

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
This is so ridiculous, bcuz CEC candidates get extra points in CRS once for their canadian experience and once again by CEC-specific draw...this means they get twin benefits (hahahaaaa...such a funny system)......IRCC is better come and say clearly that FSW stream is useless.
If you were an FSW candidate, you won't be making such posts. What will you do if general draws are resumed and cut-off remains high?

Reactions: marosa

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
How diverse will any country be if they have 85% of people coming from any 1 country? Canada claims to be seeking diversity but at some point it will stop
This argument is flawed. Who cares as long as the system awards points for people on the basis of their education, language skills, and so on? If the leading candidates happen to be mostly from one country, that's because they are a better fit as per the criteria set out by IRCC. My point is they are not taking anything away from lower scoring candidates. The point of CRS is to reward those with better qualifications. It's not a charity.

Your diversity logic is flawed because they are not explicitly banning people from participating in this system (creating an Express Entry profile) on the basis of their country of birth (which the US does indirectly).

All I am saying is if someone (regardless of their nationality) has the same points as I do, they will get invited at the same time as I do assuming the tie-breaker rule does not come into play.

Again, I would still think the system is fair if the majority of candidates are from a different country. You can't achieve diversity by marginalizing people.

Reactions: asksharelearn

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Who is stopping you from getting CEC points?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I see some truth in this statement. What makes Canada great is the melting pot of different cultures. But, if only few countries were to dominate immigration then imo it would be too many people isolating themselves in their own community
How does this apply to a merit based immigration system? The Express Entry system cares only about the criteria set out by IRCC, nothing else. CRS points will become pointless if they start to establish quotas for different countries. If that happens, that would be discrimination on the grounds of nationality which goes against Canadian values.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
How does this apply to a merit based immigration system? The Express Entry system cares only about the criteria set out by IRCC, nothing else. CRS points will become pointless if they start to establish quotas for different countries. If that happens, that would be discrimination on the grounds of nationality which goes against Canadian values.
So if 95% of highest merit applicants are from one country, that should be allowed to happen in your opinion theoretically?