+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 143rd Draw - CEC

Arod

May 15, 2017
I commented this on a different thread, but I feel it's worth repeating here. I interpret that as meaning the minimum time for processing is now 6 months. So, it might take 6, 7, 8 months to process. Before, you could be lucky, and have it processed in 4/5 months. But now, I think what they're saying is minimum processing time after you submit the application is 6 months. Doesn't make any sense that they'd say it only starts being processed after 6 months.
Since the beginning of the Express Entry program IRCC has stated that the average processing time is 6 months, some applications might take longer (about 20% according to them) or viceversa.

It wouldn't make sense for them to come now with a statement that basically says the same thing.

The way I see it is that because of the pandemic most applications won't be touched for at least 6 months.

I know it sucks, but under the current situation it is what would make more sense.

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I think if there is a pause in FSW draw, it will be of best interest to everyone that the government declare it. Because, I belive that there are many people like me who are waiting. In this way we can be sure about what is imminent.
And naturally there are other factors such as age, etc which will effect many things. A lot of people will lose 5 precious points as the time goes on without draw and maybe IRCC should consider that too...

Reactions: srk2322

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Hello, i posted my question in the relevant thread but it seems inactive.

- Do I need minimum 433 for OINP French stream or it might change / decrease ?

- How often does Ontario invite under that stream, or is it random pick from the pool?

Appreciate any clarifications. Im shifting my energy towards PNP since I know French.
Score for OINP fluctuates. You can check the most recent draw trend to be sure of their previous cutoff.

they usually conduct draws between Feb,May and August but this pattern might change as there is no policy that specify how often they can issue LOI.

as a matter of fact, they do not announce pre draw dates and it is a random pick which means that not all qualified candidates will receive an LOI and not everyone who receive an LOI is qualified .

Reactions: |l|R|l|

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
Score for OINP fluctuates. You can check the most recent draw trend to be sure of their previous cutoff.

they usually conduct draws between Feb,May and August but this pattern might change as there is no policy that specify how often they can issue LOI.

as a matter of fact, they do not announce pre draw dates and it is a random pick which means that not all qualified candidates will receive an LOI and not everyone who receive an LOI is qualified .
Thanks for the reply, indeed I checked, last announcement was 9th Jan , candidates invited were between 433-472 , whereas in
2017-2018 they used to invite candidates between 350-400.
That's why I'm wondering whether that cut-off can change.
I guess I'll just go ahead and sit a French exam for either FSW or PNP.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Thanks for the reply, indeed I checked, last announcement was 9th Jan , candidates invited were between 433-472 , whereas in
2017-2018 they used to invite candidates between 350-400.
That's why I'm wondering whether that cut-off can change.
I guess I'll just go ahead and sit a French exam for either FSW or PNP.
French is definitely A plus to your profile. The OINP score doesn’t change too quickly as it is for the EE but it isn’t static and hasn’t ever reduced below its minimum in the past. I.e the next cutoff might not be below 433

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
In Ontario, all major events in June, July & August are cancelled, so they anticipated that COVID-19 will last till August. With the current trend, this is definitely ray of hope for all the CEC candidates. We might even see the score dropping to 450s again for CEC. What a ray of hope for all the CEC candidates! No one ever expected this.

Reactions: Patiently_pr

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
In Ontario, all major events in June, July & August are cancelled, so they anticipated that COVID-19 will last till August. With the current trend, this is definitely ray of hope for all the CEC candidates. We might even see the score dropping to 450s again for CEC. What a ray of hope for all the CEC candidates! No one ever expected this.
If you listen to Justin Trudeau’s daily briefings which am following for over weeks, there are concerns over second wave of outbreak after the first (current one) is contained. So yes, this will last longer.
I hate to say this but the first wave of outbreak will not be over till late summer.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Maybe because of the pandemic and the lockdown policy in many places, Canadian consulates around the world are understaffed and find it hard to do background check, so they just decided to stop FSW altogether.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Maybe because of the pandemic and the lockdown policy in many places, Canadian consulates around the world are understaffed and find it hard to do background check, so they just decided to stop FSW altogether.
Canada has recalled most of it’s staff from embassies and consulates around the world in late March.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello, i posted my question in the relevant thread but it seems inactive.

- Do I need minimum 433 for OINP French stream or it might change / decrease ?

- How often does Ontario invite under that stream, or is it random pick from the pool?

Appreciate any clarifications. Im shifting my energy towards PNP since I know French.
Sorry it's been a long time since I tracked OINP so I'm not aware of their current requirements.

Reactions: |l|R|l|

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
If you listen to Justin Trudeau’s daily briefings which am following for over weeks, there are concerns over second wave of outbreak after the first (current one) is contained. So yes, this will last longer.
I hate to say this but the first wave of outbreak will not be over till late summer.
Yeah it's now clear after Trudeau's press conference yesterday that they don't expect things to be normal till a vaccine is found which is atleast 18 months away in best case scenario. Even government models suggest that first wave will last till late summer. This is new normal for foreseeable future for everyone involved. These are very uncertain times.