+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 143rd Draw - CEC

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
that's Bloomberg and there were quite a lot of similar articles earlier as well.

I know we guys are quite excited about recent draw but we must also the pattern during this excitement.

the focus has been shifted on CEC & more towards PNP (for the applicants who had PNP nomination issued) and expiry for their work permit and PNP nomination is near to expiring, GC is aiming to retain first those candidates if you know what i mean.

Why no FSW draws are happening, this is a broader question and multiple reasons now associated to it i believe. First and foremost, COVID-19, then the staggering unemployment rate in March 2020 (April will be more worst and i wish i am wrong) and then travel and lock-down restrictions worldwide.

but again, we cannot conclude FSW draws have been put on hold until a clear statement from GC.
If FSWs are on hold, I think it’s likely it wont be announced. Think about it, FSW application costs are a standard stream of money for GC why would they do something to stop it.

They have played it smartly by not explicitly acknowledging or denying the status of these draws when people ask.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Lolz
You might be right but trust me, it is unprofessional for such organization to issue out such statement as there are still people in the FSW who are receiving ITAs. Canada has move from regular activities to essential activities only until the virus diminish. Even if they return to normal, it might be more of PNP as they would have achieved their target with CEC/PNP route. All they need to do is increase study permit which inturn will increase the strength of CEC. This is exactly what Australia is practicing. Study permit is a huge source of revenue and Canada needs all the money they can assess at this time. Remember that these CEC/PNP candidates make up tax payers and potential voters so it is more of an economic and political instrument to protect them.
I personally don't think FSW has been put on hold you know why ? think about it and the only reason coming to my mind is that there is no point increasing processing fee for the upcoming applications if FSW is going to be put on hold. what do say ?

Reactions: akh136

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
If FSWs are on hold, I think it’s likely it wont be announced. Think about it, FSW application costs are a standard stream of money for GC why would they do something to stop it.

They have played it smartly by not explicitly acknowledging or denying the status of these draws when people ask.
Perhaps we should wait and monitor the situation closely. Stay positive and trust....

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
No bro.
The increase reflects the crisis the country is facing. It was a 50% increase which everyone applying must pay so i see no preference there . The government is looking at the bigger picture. I knew this day was to come but didn’t know it will be this soon. Remember I mentioned it earlier?
I personally don't think FSW has been put on hold you know why ? think about it and the only reason coming to my mind is that there is no point increasing processing fee for the upcoming applications if FSW is going to be put on hold. what do say ?
[/QUOTE

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
the only worry in mind is the unemployment rate (CA already reached the UE marker rate for 2008 recession i.e. 8% or more) and if you look at my chart, in ROH 142, it took almost a decade to bring down the rate to 5-6%.

GC might be forced and out of options in coming weeks to delay or potentially hold skilled worker immigration streams.

No bro.
The increase reflects the crisis the country is facing. It was a 50% increase which everyone applying must pay so i see no preference there . The government is looking at the bigger picture. I knew this day was to come but didn’t know it will be this soon. Remember I mentioned it earlier?

Vazi

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-05-2020
Hello,
Does anybody know if they are processing any case submitted around 18th March 2020 ?

Please confirm,
Thankyou.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Perhaps we should wait and monitor the situation closely. Stay positive and trust....
That is the bigger action plan. There is a different between patience and time wasting. Moving on should be the aim as this might help to redirect our path and open up a wider vision for us . Whatever happens in the pool should happen as we have no control of it. Imagine if CEC applicants with 464 were waiting. They would have been depressed and hopeless but see what has happened. They are living the dream now .

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Yes they are
A colleague of mine was recently instructed to submit additional documents.
Hello,
Does anybody know if they are processing any case submitted around 18th March 2020 ?

Please confirm,
Thankyou.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
the only worry in mind is the unemployment rate (CA already reached the UE marker rate for 2008 recession i.e. 8% or more) and if you look at my chart, in ROH 142, it took almost a decade to bring down the rate to 5-6%.

GC might be forced and out of options in coming weeks to delay or potentially hold skilled worker immigration streams.
Well..... you are right
The spike in unemployment rate will reduce drastically in the first quarter post Covid impact and this is because some organizations will resume work immediately while it might take longer for some. GC has achieved a great milestone since the last dip in unemployment so things have changed

Reactions: cybertruck

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
We should also shift the focus towards PNP nominations if that is an option....

That is the bigger action plan. There is a different between patience and time wasting. Moving on should be the aim as this might help to redirect our path and open up a wider vision for us . Whatever happens in the pool should happen as we have no control of it. Imagine if CEC applicants with 464 were waiting. They would have been depressed and hopeless but see what has happened. They are living the dream now .

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Guys, how long should we wait for a FSW draw to take place ?
Was thinking of going the PNP way but should i wait for a while ?

Please suggest

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
Do not wait. Start the process of PNP. Let's say if FSW draw happens then you can accept it.
Hello, i posted my question in the relevant thread but it seems inactive.

- Do I need minimum 433 for OINP French stream or it might change / decrease ?

- How often does Ontario invite under that stream, or is it random pick from the pool?

Appreciate any clarifications. Im shifting my energy towards PNP since I know French.