Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi

Is there any point in doing online courses from Coursera or similar sites?
Are online degrees valuable in Canada?

Looks like processing time will be longer and I am thinking of some value addition to resume (I am at 468, first have to receive ITA, still......)

I hope someone can guide me

Thanks
Using the time you have to learn new skills is always valuable. I would look at job ads in Canada for the kind of work you're wanting to do, and make notes of the required and preferred skills listed. Then, find online courses that can help you gain some of those skills. Either that, or start learning French online. :)

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hi bro,
Please have a read at the official website instead of some random screenshot.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

LMAO, its not a random screenshot, its from my ITA

Reactions: Mehjabeen Ahmed

Mehjabeen Ahmed

Jul 4, 2019
Hi Mehjabeen,
You may read my reply above. I hope the minimum point for invitation is below 369 so you don't need to worry about acting fast :)
Yes thanks alot. I read the entire article. So there is a chance of my application being refused in case of my score falling. Let's pray it's in our favour whatever happens

Blessings20

Apr 2, 2020
That's very kind of you bro. :) It's been quite frustrating, cause I know if there's an FSW draw, I'll get an ITA, but now they've been doing other ones. Almost made it in time before corona, but my WES was delayed. But I'm remaining patient, like everyone else here.
When did you submit your application to WES? And when Wes accused receipt your documents in their local?

Blessings20

Apr 2, 2020
If CIC does not do a draw today, then it pretty much confirms our notion that they probably do intend to keep this cutoff as high as possible. Cos in so far as they have not officially suspended the immigration process then we expect them to continue the draws.
But if they are waiting for the pool to increase, then it is to keep these scores high and too bad cos I'm stuck on a 468.
What's your IELTS score and what's your Wes ECA?

Marziyeh

Aug 17, 2019
Hey guys,

Do you agree that in the current situation that it is almost unlikely (not impossible though) to enter pool, cut-score wont be much different even if draw happens one week later....it may even lower the cut-score as more profiles will be expired than created.

Any idea??

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi

Is there any point in doing online courses from Coursera or similar sites?
Are online degrees valuable in Canada?

Looks like processing time will be longer and I am thinking of some value addition to resume (I am at 468, first have to receive ITA, still......)

I hope someone can guide me

Thanks
It really depends on your field of study. If you’re an accountant, it’s all IFRS here, different from US GAAP- you could work on reeducating with these standards; Or even start learning Canadian taxation-there are e-books available. Look at university course outlines(they have prescribed books there). If you’re an engineer, you could find engineering books to prepare for your licensing exams.(there’s a common list of most frequently asked requalification exams; for example for Mechanical engineers : Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Kinematics etc- usually upto 4 papers(3 technical, 1 non-technical) if there’s no Washington accord/Sydney accord agreements for your education.

Connect with professionals from your field-they can advise you. It’s very field specific.

Canadianize your existing skills. (IT is different, no canadianizing there ;) ).

Reactions: sisac9

Striker0808

Mar 28, 2020
Hi All, i am a new member and in EE pool with CRS 459 and NOC code -0122 (Banking, Credit and Other Investment managers). Is there any luck that CRS will come down in coming draws? As i wanted to be optimistic but as per current scenario it does not look CRS will touch 459
. Also if any one can help me by mentioning which PNP will be beneficial for Bankers to look after. Any kind of help is really appreciated.

nazimali110

Mar 12, 2018
Hey guys,

Do you agree that in the current situation that it is almost unlikely (not impossible though) to enter pool, cut-score wont be much different even if draw happens one week later....it may even lower the cut-score as more profiles will be expired than created.

Any idea??
Yeap, here is my analysis.
From 461 -467 remaining applications are 8123.
So if further 500 new pnp and 1000 new application added and draw happen between 3500- 3900 the cut of will be 466 - 464 even if normal draw happiness. Is there any one how also did some analysis?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Yeap, here is my analysis.
From 461 -467 remaining applications are 8123.
So if further 500 new pnp and 1000 new application added and draw happen between 3500- 3900 the cut of will be 466 - 464 even if normal draw happiness. Is there any one how also did some analysis?
We just don't have any data to support this. The problem is the pool distribution data is dated now (it was released for 13th March) and even if you could deduct the 600+ (PNP candidates) from it, CEC draw only adds more confusion because there were and there are FSW candidates with scores higher than 467. Not to mention the influx of new candidates which makes it even more uncertain. You will be able analyze and make educated predictions once the draws are back to their regular schedule. The answer is no one can make a prediction. You might think that IELTS and WES delays could reduce the number of new candidates, but really it won't have an impact (if there's) until May or June. People who wanted to enter the pool for April draws probably took their IELTS in Feb or March and might have got their ECAs or waiting for it. WES has indicated that they are expecting delays on only documents submitted after 10th March. There is nothing we can do except waiting and seeing.