+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 141st Draw

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
You are just trying to be politically correct.
No I'm not.

I don't want to go into my personal situation but to call me someone who is struggling while you're claiming to be someone who is blessed is hypocrisy too.
I didn't make any assumption about your personal situation. If you think its hypocrisy. So be it.

By all means you're a newbie too. Stay here long enough and your opinions will surely change, not just economic but everything.
Now you are projecting your thoughts on to me. Not sure why?

Some people need you once in 4 years and that's all you're to them.
I have no clue what you want to say here. Who needs whom once in 4 years?

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Y r u even on this forum? U ain't helping us.
If you have any questions let me know.

Toronto Sun is a very conservative newspaper and those comments from the readers of that article are objectionable. Those might be driven by other factors.

I'm a person of color giving open-minded people a ground reality of the situation. Most of the time I just keep quiet because people think only struggling(anti-immigration) immigrants make such points. Whatever I've said is true, don't let someone who works in high IT come and tell you it's all fine. I've lived here for a long time now.

Now you could say my opinions are based on my experiences alone, I meet a lot of people..both immigrants, students, first-gen, second gen cdns etc. I thought of weighing in and any immigration discussion is delicate. It's like coming out of a movie hall and telling a whole line of people waiting outside that the movie ain't great, or not worth the hype. Except in a movie, you can argue that some liked the movie and some didn't. You can't say the economy is good for some, and not good for the others. When talking of the economy, it's spoken about considering the entire population.

Coming back to the movie, some people in the queue won't like being told and will get upset, some will listen and look forward to it. That sums up the varied opinions to my comments here.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi guys
Has anybody taken TEF or TCF ?
Is very difficult to get CLB 7
French is my hope
Hi,

Clb 7 is possible to achieve if you study intensively for around 6-8 months. I've been doing that since last October and I'm comfortable with comprehension orale (listening) and comprehension ecrite (reading). However, more practice is needed for expression orale (speaking) and expression ecrite (writing).

You can do it, bonne chance!

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Hi,

Clb 7 is possible to achieve if you study intensively for around 6-8 months. I've been doing that since last October and I'm comfortable with comprehension orale (listening) and comprehension ecrite (reading). However, more practice is needed for expression orale (speaking) and expression ecrite (writing).

You can do it, bonne chance!
Actually, it all depends on your native language. Since I'm a portuguese speaker, and French and Portuguese shares a bunch of similar words, I was able to achieve CLB8 levels on both CO/CE with barely 50 days of preparation. Pretty sure I could have achieved CLB9 on CO if it wasn't for the fact I didn't realize I could adjust my headphone volume levels (I ended up listening the whole test at the lowest possible level).
Now, achieving CLB7 on EE/EO is a whole different story. I honestly believe it requires, AT LEAST, 6 months of intense (3-4 hours/day) study.

Reactions: vvik33

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
The 16000$ funds required for a couple is a joke. It won't even last 3 months.
If you don't count the expenses that you'll have with furniture, I would say that 16,000 for 6 months it's a pretty reasonable amount: ~2650/month.
If you live outside of Toronto/Vancouver, a couple can definitely make ends meet with that amount.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
Actually, it all depends on your native language. Since I'm a portuguese speaker, and French and Portuguese shares a bunch of similar words, I was able to achieve CLB8 levels on both CO/CE with barely 50 days of preparation. Pretty sure I could have achieved CLB9 on CO if it wasn't for the fact I didn't realize I could adjust my headphone volume levels (I ended up listening the whole test at the lowest possible level).
Now, achieving CLB7 on EE/EO is a whole different story. I honestly believe it requires, AT LEAST, 6 months of intense (3-4 hours/day) study.
I was recently contemplating whether I should give TCF-TEF as well.
I'm not a native speaker, however, my primary language since kindergarten till the univeristy degree has been French.
( all subjects were learnt in French) and English was 2nd.

Problem is, I'm rusty, have not practiced or used French for 4-5 years .. I wonder how difficult it will be to catch a CLB 7 especially EE & EO .
I think Reading & Listening will be okay.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
If you have any questions let me know.

Toronto Sun is a very conservative newspaper and those comments from the readers of that article are objectionable. Those might be driven by other factors.

I'm a person of color giving open-minded people a ground reality of the situation. Most of the time I just keep quiet because people think only struggling(anti-immigration) immigrants make such points. Whatever I've said is true, don't let someone who works in high IT come and tell you it's all fine. I've lived here for a long time now.

Now you could say my opinions are based on my experiences alone, I meet a lot of people..both immigrants, students, first-gen, second gen cdns etc. I thought of weighing in and any immigration discussion is delicate. It's like coming out of a movie hall and telling a whole line of people waiting outside that the movie ain't great, or not worth the hype. Except in a movie, you can argue that some liked the movie and some didn't. You can't say the economy is good for some, and not good for the others. When talking of the economy, it's spoken about considering the entire population.

Coming back to the movie, some people in the queue won't like being told and will get upset, some will listen and look forward to it. That sums up the varied opinions to my comments here.
I'm not yet in Canada, but based on the people i've been following (and talking to), it looks like your opportunities in Canada will be directly connected to 3 factors: (mainly) your english proficiency, your professional field and the city your choose to land/live.

If you arrive in Canada with a solid CLB9+, in a field that requires professionals (like design, architecture, engineering, accounting, aviation, railways... and of course, IT) and opt to live outside of Toronto/Vancouver, the chances of your getting a job that will pay you 50k/yr after 1yr seems pretty reasonable. It's really hard for an engineer to be hired in Canada as a P.Eng again, but as an Analyst (or similar position), it seems feasible.
For a couple, if both succeed on that plan, it means a 100k/yr income. At least that's what I see based on the people from my country that I follow and currently live in Canada. The vast majority of them appear to be doing just fine. But we're talking about people who already arrived as PRs, with solid english skills.
Probably for international students, with CLB7, under a student vise, things are probably harder.

I would love to hear the opinions of people who are already in Canada, as PRs, regarding my view on that matter. As I mentioned, it's all based on the people that I've been following. Are my assumptions realistic?

Of course, all these assumptions are pre - COVID-19. No one knows what will happen with unemployment rates once this is over.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I was recently contemplating whether I should give TCF-TEF as well.
I'm not a native speaker, however, my primary language since kindergarten till the univeristy degree has been French.
( all subjects were learnt in French) and English was 2nd.

Problem is, I'm rusty, have not practiced or used French for 4-5 years .. I wonder how difficult it will be to catch a CLB 7 especially EE & EO .
I think Reading & Listening will be okay.
The points you'll get with CO/CE won't be enough for you? Do you actually need to get a good score in EE/EO as well?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I'm not yet in Canada, but based on the people i've been following (and talking to), it looks like your opportunities in Canada will be directly connected to 3 factors: (mainly) your english proficiency, your professional field and the city your choose to land/live.

If you arrive in Canada with a solid CLB9+, in a field that requires professionals (like design, architecture, engineering, accounting, aviation, railways... and of course, IT) and opt to live outside of Toronto/Vancouver, the chances of your getting a job that will pay you 50k/yr after 1yr seems pretty reasonable. It's really hard for an engineer to be hired in Canada as a P.Eng again, but as an Analyst (or similar position), it seems feasible.
For a couple, if both succeed on that plan, it means a 100k/yr income. At least that's what I see based on the people from my country that I follow and currently live in Canada. The vast majority of them appear to be doing just fine. But we're talking about people who already arrived as PRs, with solid english skills.
Probably for international students, with CLB7, under a student vise, things are probably harder.

I would love to hear the opinions of people who are already in Canada, as PRs, regarding my view on that matter. As I mentioned, it's all based on the people that I've been following. Are my assumptions realistic?

Of course, all these assumptions are pre - COVID-19. No one knows what will happen with unemployment rates once this is over.
Your mileage varies. I came to Canada as an international student with a CLB 9, and I am doing reasonably well. It all boils down to the demand in the job market and how much you have to offer. Canadian employers do not take chances on foreigners easily, so it is mostly about networking and having people to vouch for your skills. I can not speak for all international students, but there is no guarantee that you will get a solid job just on the basis of English proficiency and your experience from back home. I live outside of Toronto and I do make over 50 grand a year; however, I had to take several contract jobs to get myself to this position. If you are curious, I have more than CLB 10 which might be a factor but networking has yielded me better results.

Reactions: jrossi and coolgal

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Why so mean?
Consider ITA as a ventilator during these tough times where you just hoarded it while not having any medical need for it. You could have saved a COVID-19 patient....

we are smart enough to apply at our own in EE selecting in-demand NOCs and all that but once ITA is received, many (not all) tend to claim it as an honest mistake!

sorry no offence...... :)

Last edited: