App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Yup. :p They seriously don't have a clue how much Express Entry benefits the country.
These are the same people who had no issues when they had people immigrating from Europe.

They have issues now because of 'third world' immigrants.

Just like any other country, Canada has its own share of ignorant morons. Fortunately, they are a minority and it is pretty easy to ignore them. They are not worth our time or energy.

Reactions: CG7 and jrossi

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
These are the same people who had no issues when they had people immigrating from Europe.

They have issues now because of 'third world' immigrants.

Just like any other country, Canada has its own share of ignorant morons. Fortunately, they are a minority and it is pretty easy to ignore them. They are not worth our time or energy.
Exactly! I avoid those comment sections, and just ignore the closed-minded stances of the minority. :)

Reactions: cybertruck

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Checked the comments as u said. Wow.. there is so much of hatred in the. Man..
One was a bit funny though.. "keep the garbage in Toronto" lol
Yup. :p They seriously don't have a clue how much Express Entry benefits the country.
Once you move here you will realize many of these immigration haters are actually immigrant themselves who moved here just 4-5 years ago and now think immigration should be controlled.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I know many EE people driving Uber here, and I respect all Uber drivers. I don't think EE was designed to get more Uber's on the road. Now please don't give it a spin and say I'm against immigration. I'm for it, but for the economy here..taking in more people except for IT just doesn't make sense. Canadian citizens are unemployed despite having University degrees.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Once you move here you will realize many of these immigration haters are actually immigrant themselves who moved here just 4-5 years ago and now think immigration should be controlled.
Well, there's a reason they think that way. There's no jobs..In one way you could call out the hypocrisy, it's like voting for right-wing governments in your country and voting liberal here just because it favors you, now that's just an example. No one wants to get into politics here..You too will soon become like them in 4-5 years after getting to see the real picture. After all the work that's done just to immigrate, and you get paid....lets say $25 an hour, you go sit with a lawyer for a trivial matter and he/she charges you $450 for a 30 min consult, you'll then realize how much work is still to be done to get to those levels and live the American/ok Canadian dream...while most people take $%@$ from others to get that $25/hr. It's a sad picture..unless top companies hire you and you're so special..I'd say that's someone who works at Google/FB/Wall Street banks who won't have any trouble immigrating to any country.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Well, there's a reason they think that way. There's no jobs..In one way you could call out the hypocrisy, it's like voting for right-wing governments in your country and voting liberal here just because it favors you, now that's just an example. No one wants to get into politics here..You too will soon become like them in 4-5 years after getting to see the real picture. After all the work that's done just to immigrate, and you get paid....lets say $25 an hour, you go sit with a lawyer for a trivial matter and he/she charges you $450 for a 30 min consult, you'll then realize how much work is still to be done to get to those levels and live the American/ok Canadian dream...while most people take $%@$ from others to get that $25/hr. It's a sad picture..unless top companies hire you and you're so special..I'd say that's someone who works at Google/FB/Wall Street banks who won't have any trouble immigrating to any country.
I wonder what these new immigrants will do after they land if there are no jobs.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Seems they're just talking about letting immigrants in, not commenting on the accepting and processing of applications being paused. And we knew that already, with the travel ban. Draws continue to take place, so all is well thus far.

Read the comments for a laugh. Filled with people who clearly hate immigration, despite the fact that we're the ones filling the gaps left by the hundreds of thousands of Canadians who leave each year to go live in the US.
You have no clue !! These are retiree's who go live there. They're millionaires who've just retired..usually doctors, lawyers, business owners etc..only they can afford that. Any one who moves to the US from Canada has a lot of money..Canadian healthcare is not covered in the US. Most Canadians choose to stay here because of free healthcare. You should know the ground picture before calling out someone as someone against immigration.

Most people read such comments and keep quiet..All they say to themselves is 'hope you land soon and see the real picture' because if they write something without sugar-coating it, you'll think they don't like newcomers.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I think that there will be no FSW draws for a while until the current situation gets better because the last CEC only draw was five years ago and they did another one now. Even if they did a regular draw with 3900 invites, cutoff should be around 473 as no FSW candidates got invited in the last 4 weeks (5 weeks if the next draw happens on April 8th). You might have a chance if a FSW only draw happens but I don't think that will happen ever.

The only reason I can think of for FSW candidates to get invited now is that the IRCC prefers to invite high scoring candidates, lets see what happens in the coming draws.
What you say makes sense. A top lawyer(I mean top..someone who influences policy in Canadian immigration) told me that PNP's are the way to go. That way they can prioritize people with Canadian work experience and education..or worse case someone who an employer thinks is worth hiring. Most PNP's require a job offer anyway. I won;t be surprised to just see pnp only or cec draws till this pandemic settles down and there's a high chance Covid-19 runs through the summer.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Exactly..They'll buy a car and drive for Uber/Lyft. So many drivers including friends tell me.
Let me tell you another part of this. I work in the IT industry in India and there are a ton of people from my city who are getting PR visas of Canada through EE and they work mainly for US clients and their employers have offices in Canada so once they get their visa, they land with a job with more than a 100k CAD/year salary atleast which is like 80k USD which is like an okay salary in the US. Three of my previous colleagues are in Toronto currently working for US clients on PR visas. Don't forget about Indian H1B's moving to Canada through EE.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Let me tell you another part of this. I work in the IT industry in India and there are a ton of people from my city who are getting PR visas of Canada through EE and they work mainly for US clients and their employers have offices in Canada so once they get their visa, they land with a job with more than a 100k CAD/year salary atleast which is like 80k USD which is like an okay salary in the US. Three of my previous colleagues are in Toronto currently working for US clients on PR visas. Don't forget about Indian H1B's moving to Canada through EE.
IT is fine. Computer Engineering grads are needed. Google sent a memo asking all their immigration constrained US engineers to look at Vancouver as an option and they're driving the CRS high in the last few months. I'm sure the IT guys you talk about do good IT stuff..there's lot of discrimination in IT too based on what work one does.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
IT is fine. Computer Engineering grads are needed. Google sent a memo asking all their immigration constrained US engineers to look at Vancouver as an option and they're driving the CRS high in the last few months. I'm sure the IT guys you talk about do good IT stuff..there's lot of discrimination in IT too based on what work one does.
It's not discrimination, companies just want highly skilled employees. Most the US clients nowadays have their own IT development teams and they are in need of more workers because it is extremely difficult to find highly skilled people even in the US and they will not hire people if they are just okay otherwise their work will suffer. I too am working for a US client as a remote developer and I was interviewed by an American software architect with 25+ years of experience and he writes software code on a daily basis just like me and he mentioned that finding people with good experience in the US not easy. They also have a native Canadian working for them who is settled in the US since many years.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
It's not discrimination, companies just want highly skilled employees. Most the US clients nowadays have their own IT development teams and they are in need of more workers because it is extremely difficult to find highly skilled people even in the US and they will not hire people if they are just okay otherwise their work will suffer. I too am working for a US client as a remote developer and I was interviewed by an American software architect with 25+ years of experience and he writes software code on a daily basis just like me and he mentioned that finding people with good experience in the US not easy. They also have a native Canadian working for them who is settled in the US since many years.
EE does disservice in that aspect--there's no quality assurance when all one(Case officer) see's is a one page work experience letter. In all fairness their job is to only compare the noc duties and the letter. But yes, the applicant quality is just not there in most cases.

The other reason the scores are high is that most people with expiring OPT's and OFT's with Masters from the US are applying too. Such folks with IT demand in Canada will easily find jobs.

High scoring FSW's(if any draws), PNP only, CEC only draws are near future draws I would think. I won't be surprised if they conduct a few draws and then keep the whole EE system on hold as they wouldn't want to go below a certain threshold of points due to declining applicant quality associated with lower scores.

Last edited: