+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 136th Draw

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I understand that the case I posted had a different scenario ( WES rejected post grads while IQAS accepted). However with ITA becoming so precious, I won't risk a rejection with ECA. Best Luck

Reactions: zee90999

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
guys, IF the B2B draw happens on Jan 29th the next draw will take place on Feb 12th right ? supposedly this happens, what do y'all predict as the cut off of Feb 12th draw ? will it drop some more or increase ? I am hoping that it stays below 471 :'(
prediction gurus, any ideas on this ?

Reactions: sam1994

Shanavaz

Feb 25, 2019
Your degree is good for getting point. Though it will take time to get sibling point. Your relatives should be well settled in Canada. It iis difficult to get sibling point promptly

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
For Sibling point -

My husband's sister has received her ITA and should receive a PR soon.

Is there a minimum time for which the sibling with PR has to be living in Canada before I can claim the points for it?

Or can I get the points as soon as she lands there and gets her address.

Please guide. I am relying on this.
Congratulations to your sister-in-law and you both.

There is no criteria to live there for a minimum period. You would be able to claim points as soon she gets her PR card and an address.

You’ll be at a 467 then. Wish you all the best.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Your degree is good for getting point. Though it will take time to get sibling point. Your relatives should be well settled in Canada. It iis difficult to get sibling point promptly
There is no such criteria. One of my close friend got his PR card approximately 2 weeks after landing and immediately got her sisters EE profile updated to claim 15 points for siblings in Canada. This brought her score from 424 to 439. Her application was successful and she is now in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: sam1994

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
For ECA -

1. Does CES evaluate MBA from Symbiosis International University (India) as masters? Anyone who has received this before?

2. (Basic question Alert) - If I get my MBA evaluated as masters. Which category of education should I select on EE profile.

3. Previously I got my ECA from WES where they evaluated my MBA as 1 year diploma and not maters. If I get Masters evaluation from CES. Is it okay to have an EE profile with bachelor's from WES (with MBA not as masters) and MBA from CES? Or should I get both evaluated from CES?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-rejected-my-eca-and-iqas-approved-it-my-documents-submitted-after-against-ita-got-rejected.661245/
Please guide.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
For Sibling point -

My husband's sister has received her ITA and should receive a PR soon.

Is there a minimum time for which the sibling with PR has to be living in Canada before I can claim the points for it?

Or can I get the points as soon as she lands there and gets her address.

Please guide. I am relying on this.
Your sister in law needs to reach canada, get the following -
1) PR card - 1 to 2 months after landing.
2) SIN and medical card - SIN can be within 1 week after landing but medical card took take upto 3 months depending on the province.
3) Rent contract copies and Utility bills - Could take a month or upto 3 months.

These documents need to be scanned in your application when you are claiming points for sibling.

Since you are an IT professional with CRS 452, its best if you can try to increase your CRS from 452 to 458 or 461 by getting the maximum points in IELTS( Since Ontario can pick u anytime during this year between 458-461).Now if you have already maxed out on IELTS then your only option is wait 1.2 years until your sister in law is settled. (Note -We have no clue nor can anyone guarantee if 465-475 will be enough 14 months down the lane from today)

Last edited:
Reactions: Apoorva_1987

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Your sister in law needs to reach canada, get the following -
1) PR card - 1 to 2 months after landing.
2) SIN and medical card - SIN can be within 1 week after landing but medical card took take upto 3 months depending on the province.
3) Rent contract copies and Utility bills - Could take a month or upto 3 months.

These documents need to be scanned in your application when you are claiming points for sibling.

Since you are an IT professional with CRS 452, its best if you can try to increase your CRS from 452 to 458 or 461 by getting the maximum points in IELTS( Since Ontario can pick u anytime during this year between 458-461).Now if you have already maxed out on IELTS then your only option is wait 1.2 years until your sister in law is settled. (Note -We have no clue nor can anyone guarantee if 465-475 will be enough 14 months down the lane from today)
@Apoorva_1987
1. Your husbands birth certificate and your sister-in-laws birth certificate (to prove the relationship)
2. Sister-in-laws Canadian address proof (recent utility bill or bank / credit card statement) confirming that the person lives in Canada and
3. PR card copy
4. COPR signed by the immigration officer upon landing

are sufficient to claim the 15 points.

Don’t need to wait for Medical Card / SIN etc. as these are secondary documents that are not required and would just waste your time if it’s taking longer to get these. It’s also additional and unwanted documents for the VO to go through.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks

Last edited:

Muhammad1987!

Aug 25, 2019
hi guys,
in the final step for the ITA SINP application, i got confused on the following question:
"Have you previously submitted a provincial or federal Canadian immigration application?"
I do have a Express Entry Profile! so should i say yes?

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
@Apoorva_1987
1. Your husbands birth certificate and your sister-in-laws birth certificate (to prove the relationship)
2. Sister-in-laws Canadian address proof (recent utility bill or bank / credit card statement) confirming that the person lives in Canada and
3. PR card copy
4. COPR signed by the immigration officer upon landing

are sufficient to claim the 15 points.

Don’t need to wait for Medical Card / SIN etc. as these are secondary documents that are not required and would just waste your time if it’s taking longer to get these. It’s also additional and unwanted documents for the VO to go through.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks
Thanks.
T
I am trying to get my score to 460. These scores, however, are still few months away it seems. Let's see.

Reactions: zee90999 and chouku

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
I am at 460. With retaking the IELTS - both spouse and myself - there is a potential that scores may increase to 465.
Considering the current trend, I feel that CRS won't reduce to even 465 and wasting money, time and energy again on IELTS would be futile.